• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

YouTube shutting down Cannabis related channels

hibeam

alpha +
So, I immediately remembered an over-the-top (pun intended) old druggie vid and decided to search "salvia window jump" ... which I figure surely must have not made the new cut ... and lo there it is with the new restricted content warning. So, like @YaMon says, that might be the issue?

Kosherbubba

It seems YouTube is not only after firearms related channels, but many Cannabis related channels are being shut down. While there is a lot of garbage out there many of these channels provide valuable educational information and grave been doing so for years. Not sure what may be done, I do no know many are trying to launch a WeedTube service and sone have gone to Vimeo. What is sad is many have just lost the steam and are moving on, when they still have much to share. Times are a changing and not for the better! Respect! -YaMon

The only medicine that heals and treats when every other medicine does not work. WTF is wrong with this world. Cannabis never killed anybody and they are treating it worse than crack-cocaine! Now google the free press!

JamesTiberiousKirk

I sense a disturbance in the force. Staincentral is down now too. Not that I watched it (yes, I did) but he wasn't uploading much lately anyway.

I think some go-getter young entrepreneur should start a compendium of where the channels went.

Jambi619

Cannabis Crusader
They're censoring amateur mycology videos too. Not even people growing actives, just mofos trying to grow oysters n shit.

Then not to mention the censorship of people like Jordan Peterson and Sam Harris for not conforming to the Google's fantastical lefty worldview.

Alexis

I wanted to have another look at the recent video Alex from Elev8 did showing their new double honeycomb sherlock combo bubbler for the Elev8r.

Well I couldnt find the video anywhere. Couldnt remember where to look, or even who posted it (7th Floor, Elev8?)

Well now I know it was "Elev8 presents"- now also, sadly, Gone! :rip::rant:

Alexis,
Reactions: grokit

analytika

Trump is down in the Florida Keys ( Key West ) touting his drug war. Could this possibly related? I kind of think this drug war is related to the You Tube deletion of videos, not so much firearms. Anyone?
They're totally related. Google and Trump being in perfect lock step, don't'cha'know.

Those with two feet in reality know that Dick Cheney endorsed gay marriage the same year Joy Reid wrote her hateful homophobic blog postings. And Trump was more open to cannabis legalization than Hillary Clinton.

Last edited:

Alexis

Okay one that surprised me a bit today- VAPEFIEND! GONE!:nope::rant:

And they did all they could to cover their backs, NEVER showing or discussing weed. Legal aromatherapy all the way.

I spoke to them today and they say they are appealing. Fingers crossed for them, hope they can claim a victory due to being fully legal.

analytika

Okay one that surprised me a bit today- VAPEFIEND! GONE!:nope::rant:

And they did all they could to cover their backs, NEVER showing or discussing weed. Legal aromatherapy all the way.

I spoke to them today and they say they are appealing. Fingers crossed for them, hope they can claim a victory due to being fully legal.
TheDabSpot was just whacked.

analytika,
Shit, you won't have to boycott them. There's nothing left to watch. They deleted everything. LOL

Something will come out soon that will explain the reasoning behind this. I'll bet Google is about to spin off YouTube or to sell to a new owner. Some major financial move. I spent a lot of time on Wall Street and this smells a lot like an ownership change.

Maybe it's already done and the new owner wants it all gone before he takes over.

One thing for sure....... we don't know. LOL

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
It's when censorship like this occurs that you realize that Youtube almost corners the market on anyone getting a voice over the internet through some type of motion video. At least through a platform that most would recognize.

It's scary because it shows the hold that a company like Youtube will have over the population in developed countries. It's sort of like that phrase that roughly states, "This time they came for them, and nobody did anything. Next time it might be you."

This time it's a bunch of silly stoners. They are in the minority and thus don't deserve any rights. Maybe next time it's another belief or opinion that the Youtube company doesn't want you to see. Maybe someday they will find it lucrative to only portray a political agenda that serves them financially or for power.

and someday it might be superpower companies like amazon and youtube that govern and control what we are allowed to buy or the news we are allowed to watch. Companies that hide their very existence and ability to communicate with them.

When was the last time you found a phone number for amazon to actually be able to call and talk to someone about a complaint? or youtube?

This poor guy has lost his voice and his career over a whim by youtube. A whim that is not even the prevailing belief in society, at least until youtube controls what people can watch and tries to change society's belief.

I think Newman said it well, "When you control the mail, you control information"

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
They cut the throat of Positive Smash today.

RIP Ashley!

Remember folks you're being shafted by GOOGLE.

Phoenix will rise again.

Fuck Youtube.

I can't wait till the day comes when youtube has some real competitors, like apple music vs spotify. I would dump shittube in a heartbeat.

Looks like shittube is getting rid of the weedtubers one by one so they can watch them all squirm. Lining them up, one behind the other and knocking them down.

This will only spread hatred of youtube by the younger generations, who are probably their largest subscribers and clientele. Dumb move down the line.

Top Bottom