Yocan Cubex Dab Pen With TGT Technology

Yocantech

Manufacturer
Hi Guys

Today, we would like to introduce you to a new Yocan wax pen, the Yocan Cubex. The Cubex dab pen is equipped with the new TGT coil, which gives you great vapor and excellent flavor through a perfect combination of ceramic and quartz. On top of that, the Cubex features a quadrilateral design, a sturdy aluminum body, and a 1400mah battery with a Type C charging port, giving you new options and new enjoyment for the on-the-go.

Yocan-Cubex-vaporizer-pen_11.jpg

SPECIFICATION

Name: Cubex
Coil: TGT (Target Tech)
Size: 22*22*114mm
Body Material: Aluminum
Battery Capacity: 1400mAh
Charging Port: Type-C
Charging Voltage: 5V
Charging Current: 0.8A
TGT Coil Resistance: 0.4-0.5Ω
Adjustable Voltage: 3.0V – 3.6V – 4.2V
Preheat: 10 seconds
Safety Cut-off: 15 seconds

Get more on www.yocan.com

Yocantech,
How do you clean between dabs?

You don't. It's a ceramic donut coil that has a second heater positioned in the center to catch melted concentrate that pools under the donut.

I'm guessing Yocan wanted something other than the Orbit for the part of the market that is not into cotton swabs or spinning balls. (Am I the only one who recalls the Firesign Theater dialogue about spinning balls?) Me, I bought a sparkly violet Cubex just to see if the TGT coil works better than the ill-fated "Miracle" coil. Over the last week I've been working through a gram of dispensary crumble, and here's what I can tell you so far.

The Cubex TGT coil does taste better than wire-wrapped quartz while producing respectable clouds. Obviously this won't last. Nowhere does Yocan explain how one is supposed to clean this coil. I'm guessing it will need a few hours in warm 91% ISO by the end of the gram. I'm also guessing home-pressed rosin would gunk it up pretty quick.

So the Cubex is not for someone who wants a fresh dab every session. What it does do, is tolerate loading more concentrate than most load-as-you-go atomizers. Loading three of the canonical 'rice grains' onto the donut surface and melting it with the preheat yielded a few sessions over the course of a day. The TGT coil does seem to use way more power so expect to recharge the non-replaceable battery daily.

Full disclosure: I live in a legal state and thanks to VAS I have a shoe-box full of wax pens in pencil cases purchased over the last five years. Some use only wire-wrapped quartz coils and were purchased for out-of-state travel where I throw away the used coil. The rest got fitted with ceramic donuts after purchase or came with them installed, or have ceramic plate heaters, or a quartz bucket, or a "Miracle" coil. Yocan has never given me anything, and they might regret it if they did.

topographic,
A follow-up: the sparkly violet Yocan Cubex lasted for six months of light use before charging the battery failed.

topographic,
Top Bottom