• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Yinzer Meetup

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I'm always surprised by how many yinzers are here (7-8?) we should get together sometime and sample our wares and medicine ! If someone wanted to host something somewhere, or we can find a hotel or something that is conducive and not too far for everyone.....not sure when a great time would be, but we are certain to have numerous sporting events that we can all get lit up and watch the Pens/Bucs/Steelers beat on whoever while enjoying some Primanti's and Iron City? :lol:

If anyone is interested or has any ideas feel free to chime in!

Lets go Pens!! :rockon:

Philreal187

Wow just seen this and as usual late, but we need to get a burgh FC meet up!!
Now that we can all blow clouds and yell city of champs what do we have to lose haha..?

I tend to avoid the busy city unless it is for some bomb ass vegan grub. I do however enjoy a few happy hours at house of a 1,000 beers in new ken here and there. I would be down to meet up there for a brew or two then hit up my crib to indulge in the vape luxurys that fc members bare!!

If you know the other locals @HellsWindStaff maybe give them a call out and we can get something together this summer!

:peace:

Philreal187

Sorry to double post.

I think we definitely need to work on trying to maybe do a monthly meet up! We all get busy and caught up with daily life shit but what better way to leave that shit behind than have a few good brews share new vapes and talk vapes! I understand some of us work 9-5 and othere work different hours every week, but planning a month in advance would give me the ability to make sure I'm off.

So what do yins say?

@Oogendoogan
@Vape Dr.
@Boros
@HellsWindStaff
@Philreal187 (who tags themself..?)

Any other Pittsburgh locals or anyone close would be welcome to join I just think that the names above are local.

I know the ideas for more active meet ups like kayaking and disc golf also been tossed around. I have 2 kayaks and plenty of disc to share so I'm down for whatever!

Lets make something happen guys!!

:cheers:

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Just got in from CO to visit family, and also spec out the medical scene as I believe it is supposed to be up and running by 2018.
In town staying with family for a spell, I'd be down for a FC meetup also.

Staying in the South Hills area.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
@Boros --- lol--I used to work many years ago at 400 Lydia St. in Carnegie, Pa. Know the area quite well.

I have industry experience from CO, and know some people/companies who have or are going to be submitting applications for warehouses/dispensaries. But nothing concrete or anything. I have been away for many years from this area(15+) and am intrigued by the fact I may be able to make my living, LEGALLY, in my hometown. So I am just trying to get a feel for what may happen here.

If anything like CO, I would expect to see some of the more, formerly-industrialized areas, to get some major action. Most companies will use/modify/renovate already existing structures. And since lots of these places are far outside where schools are, they will probably get lots of interest. One place I worked at was in a building that formerly housed a big OTR trucking company. Not a complete remodel either, more of a re-purposing of the building. Most companies will not start off in some state of the art grow facility that was just built. And you really don't need to in order to be able to grow some killer flower.

Regardless, I really hope that cannabis can be the shot in the arm this area needs to revitalize it and make it great again.

In Allegheny County, am I correct that I heard getting caught with cannabis is only a fine now?

Boros

@Boros --- lol--I used to work many years ago at 400 Lydia St. in Carnegie, Pa. Know the area quite well.

I have industry experience from CO, and know some people/companies who have or are going to be submitting applications for warehouses/dispensaries. But nothing concrete or anything. I have been away for many years from this area(15+) and am intrigued by the fact I may be able to make my living, LEGALLY, in my hometown. So I am just trying to get a feel for what may happen here.

If anything like CO, I would expect to see some of the more, formerly-industrialized areas, to get some major action. Most companies will use/modify/renovate already existing structures. And since lots of these places are far outside where schools are, they will probably get lots of interest. One place I worked at was in a building that formerly housed a big OTR trucking company. Not a complete remodel either, more of a re-purposing of the building. Most companies will not start off in some state of the art grow facility that was just built. And you really don't need to in order to be able to grow some killer flower.

Regardless, I really hope that cannabis can be the shot in the arm this area needs to revitalize it and make it great again.

In Allegheny County, am I correct that I heard getting caught with cannabis is only a fine now?

That's great to hear that there is some forward progress...yes, it is true...the bill was passed earlier this year, and I believe it is a $25 fine for up to an oz...haha what a small world...I actually lived in Boulder for a summer and my uncle has lived there for a long time, actually just moved to Denver within the last yr or so.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Anybody attending the World Medical Cannabis Conference and Expo
Fri. Apr 21, 2017 at 12:00pm - Sat. Apr 22, 2017 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center 1000 Fort Duquesne Blvd
Pittsburgh, PA 15222

If anyboby from FC is going and interested in meeting up with a fellow member(to toke or just want some company), please let me know. I am really on the fence about these Types of events. Sometimes I wonder if they are to just generate $$ for the people sponsoring the event. BUT, with growing and dispensary licenses starting to be issued, I am hoping to do some networking, and for a $50 entry fee(the lowest price ticket to enter), I think it may be worth it to get my face/name out there. Hoping they will appreciate my Colorado cannabis industry experience. Well, I'd love to meet up with some of our members and hope to hear from some of you who may be going.

Also feel free to send me a PM about anything else going on in the Pgh area.

Philreal187

Ricky williams is doing a speech i was really close to going. i do work friday and Saturday morning, so now i can't. I work at southern tier if anyone wants to meet up after. Also i got a pretty empty crib with plenty of seating if anyone did wanna vape, no cable (sorry pens)

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Mini-nectar collector(great for enjoying concentrates on the go) and distillate cartridges ready to go!

Ricky williams is doing a speech i was really close to going. i do work friday and Saturday morning, so now i can't. I work at southern tier if anyone wants to meet up after. Also i got a pretty empty crib with plenty of seating if anyone did wanna vape, no cable (sorry pens)

Friday starts at noon, Saturday at 7pm, in case that works better for you man.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
@Silver420Surfer are you going both days?
I was contemplating it. My wife actually is encouraging me too!
I may be interested in going Friday and see what it's like, I'm pretty skeptical of these things too.

I was looking at Friday also. Probably gonna get reserve a ticket here shortly. Not much of a drinker but I'm down to go meet @Philreal187 in the back alley for a sesh lol.

duff

Well worn
Thanks @Silver420Surfer.
We'll split the savings.

If folks are free Sunday around noon, I'd be glad to host a session.
I'm dying to try some of these vapes you guys have.
Extra points for anyone who has the Supreme!

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Thanks @Silver420Surfer.
We'll split the savings.

If folks are free Sunday around noon, I'd be glad to host a session.
I'm dying to try some of these vapes you guys have.
Extra points for anyone who has the Supreme!

No, worries @duff Glad I could help someone save a couple $.
We'll have a mini-sesh after or during a break at the Convention Center(Don't want to be medicated while dropping resume lol) and call it even:spliff:

As far as Sunday, I'm free, and def interested to travel out your way for a big session. I have an Auber enail/Gordo Scientific recycler I can clean and travel with. Pax2(No flowers though), and vape pen and carts(no big WOW factor there but I'll bring a few for :science:). BUT, if you go through my posts in the "Share that dab stash!" section...you'll see how I roll:rofl:

:lol:

Edit: Hey @HellsWindStaff , @Boros , @Philreal187 Are you guys up for a sesh on Sunday?

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I have no schedule, local companies haven't seemed receptive to my cannabis-friendly resume :shrug:, so I'm ready whenever is good for yinz lol.

Really disappointed in the Burgh's Canna-Culture...seems almost non-existent:ninja:.

Top Bottom