XMAX V3 VS Healthy Rips VS Lobo VS Tinymight

VapeReady

Hi all,

I'm looking for a new vaporizer. When i vape i set temperature 150 - 156 °C to extract only THC. Otherwise i get stoned and lazy and i don't like that. I enjoy clear high and if you have low tolerance such a high lasts for quite a while and is much nicer. I ordered a mighty but returned it because the air flow is not my thing. I like vaporizers who don't require long draws. The mighty didn't seem to extract much on low temperature either compared to xmax v3 pro.

Now i'm using a xmax v3 pro but the device has become dirty in the oven and soon to be end of life. I'm looking for something new that's not too expensive that works great with low temperatures. The xmax is dirty cheap and works great but i'm looking for something better. Once had a fury edge and was really enjoyable but sold it after a while don't ask me why.

Anyways looking for a portable that could match criteria: accurate low temp, good extraction, effortless draw

VapeReady,

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
(Only one I haven't owned is the Lobo.)

Out of the ones listed in the post title, based on your description and price is no object, the TinyMight for sure.

Aftermarket stem would make it even better. Fast and easy extractions, plus super simple cleaning.

Good luck!

Photonic,

budski

cantre member
you can get a Lobo and a Rogue for the price of a TM2, but the tiny is mightier! If I had gone straight from my 1st, xmax v3 to my tinymight2 I could have saved $1000+

budski,

VapeReady

Problem is tinymight has an analog temperature dial. I'm skeptical about the accuracy. Also the precise control is lacking compared to digital. And the air flow draw is something i'm also skeptical about seeing videos of people sucking their life out of it.

VapeReady,

budski

cantre member
best airflow of any vape i've tried, tunable also with different stems. as far as accuracy there's 18 different marks on the dial for a 200*f spread and those positions will always be the same temp every time you set it there.

Last edited:

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
TM analog dial is "infinitely" adjustable between it's high and low settings. Vape temp is always relative, but I don't think you should say the TM is less precise.

If you prefer digital, then the TM isn't for you... But it's a fabulous portable vape and among the best available.

angular ocelot

Problem is tinymight has an analog temperature dial. I'm skeptical about the accuracy. Also the precise control is lacking compared to digital. And the air flow draw is something i'm also skeptical about seeing videos of people sucking their life out of it.
you say precise control is lacking and maybe you are correct, but once you figure out whats what, with a bit of experimentation, you soon discover you can replicate the same hit consistently. its kinda precise to itself?
if you fail your experiment, you will get a bit stoned, which to me, is a successful failure. :lol:*
im not that trusting of digital devices accuracy in regards to the actual temperature anyway, i think, digital or analogue, the draw speed tends to have a big influence. so they can all only really be precise to themselves.
i like to use the straight 18mm water pipe adaptor on a 18mm j-hook. minimal draw resistance. with the standard cooling unit it does kinda tighten up when you pull but if you keep it clean its still not bad. easy to modify in lots of different ways. lots of add ons and mouthpieces and knick knacks that let you easily tune it to your needs.

* thats just me though, as getting stoned is what i tend to aim at when i experiment :lol:

edited to add " *"

Last edited:

VapeReady

Yes it does matter to me to have an accurate reading of the temperature. I'm not looking to bash the TM in any way just stating facts. I think i should go for HR or Lobo instead. Just not easy to find comparisions. hould have left TM outside of this discussion. And i'm looking for a portable not a log vaporizer.

VapeReady,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I think the Roffu might work well for you and be inexpensive. If you were happy with the V3Pro then I think this might be the guy for you. I don't own one but I've heard good things and I understand it has digital temp control and is relatively easy to clean.

TigoleBitties,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I know you don't want to hear it but using the TM at the lowest possible settings is by far the best possible experience for this pursuit as I prefer it myself more often than not, great to use with a plain WPA and basket screen through a triple right angle hook, tough to beat in my experience... (because TM is also a great use of the glass stem system for chamber and pathway so easy to keep clean) Good luck finding exactly what you want though, you might like Arizer more than what you have though for another session hybrid experience like the ones you listed, or perhaps Roffu, those have more removable type chamber that can be easier to keep clean (always going to be some compromises, I guess it's just many of us feel a digital screen is a most easy thing to compromise on generally)

justcametomind

I'm looking for something new that's not too expensive that works great with low temperatures. The xmax is dirty cheap and works great but i'm looking for something better. Once had a fury edge and was really enjoyable but sold it after a while don't ask me why.

Anyways looking for a portable that could match criteria: accurate low temp, good extraction, effortless draw

If you want something cheap but with accurate digital temperature control (and good airflow on top of it) imho you are asking too much.
The Venty beats hard the Mighty and the Tinymight about airflow but is far from cheap. Also has accurate digital temperature control.
You won't have precise temp control on a cheap device, that's why you get THC at 150, because your present device has not accurate temp control, since THC starts getting off of plant matter at 160°C. I bet the TM analog control is better than the digital one of the V3 pro. It would just take a few puffs to get acquainted to it and find your sweet spot.

Last edited:

XpeeN

Another option that no one talked about is Firefly 2+, which ticks all your boxes and is on sell for $90.

Edit: reread and figure out you don't want long draws. Well I'd look for hybids then. Mighty /crafty? Arizers (air se for less than $100)? I'm not sure why you considering HR as you said you sold the fury which is pretty similar. I heard that at the lobo thread that some feels like it doesn't handle low temps well, so not sure it's for you.

Edit2:
@justcametomind said:

You won't have precise temp control on a cheap device, that's why you get THC at 150, because your present device has not accurate temp control, since THC starts get off of plant matter at 160°C.
It depends on the heating tech really. The v3p won't be 1C precise as it's full convection (when you not actually session with it) and there are simply more variables than the heater's temp. I guess the most accurate are conductions? Which funnily enough no one mentioned too. Xmax starry and other devices might fit OP too

Last edited:

Axel_420

When i vape i set temperature 150 - 156 °C to extract only THC. Otherwise i get stoned and lazy and i don't like that. I enjoy clear high and if you have low tolerance such a high lasts for quite a while and is much nicer.
Well at those temperatures you're not just going to extract THC, but I agree that keeping a low temperature is one of the variables in getting the kind of effect you're looking for.
In case you want to go deeper, I'll link you to this article written by the founder of Prrl Labs that I found very interesting and that gave me a better understanding of how vaporization works: https://medium.com/cannabis-explora...tion-the-myths-of-boiling-points-d3baf520b4d8

Among the vaporizers in the title I think the Tinymight meets these criteria. The extraction is definitely good, even at low temperatures due to its power. I think the temperature is accurate, but also depends on many variables; given these points I myself adjusted my expectations because they did not meet reality. As for airflow, I wouldn't exactly call it effortless, but it is definitely more open than all the other vaporizers in the title, and not by a little. And if you're comfortable with the minimum draw length of the Xmax V3 Pro, I think you'll also be comfortable with that of the Tinymight.

VapeReady

I mean analog has nothing to do with precision so, I would argue you are not stating facts.

Friend i think you should learn how to READ. I said i want an accurate reading of the temperature. Meaning a digital reading stating a number on screen that reads and goes up and down by 1°C. So, yeah, an analog wheel is not precise in that regard and it has everything to do with that.

Last edited:
VapeReady,
  • Sad
Reactions: Jah75

VapeReady

If you want something cheap but with accurate digital temperature control (and good airflow on top of it) imho you are asking too much.
The Venty beats hard the Mighty and the Tinymight about airflow but is far from cheap. Also has accurate digital temperature control.
You won't have precise temp control on a cheap device, that's why you get THC at 150, because your present device has not accurate temp control, since THC starts getting off of plant matter at 160°C. I bet the TM analog control is better than the digital one of the V3 pro. It would just take a few puffs to get acquainted to it and find your sweet spot.

Not exactly. THC boils at 156°C. But since the XMAX V3 runs a little hotter. I set the temp at 150°C. So yes current device is not that accurate because of device running hotter than advertised. The new version seems to not have that problem anymore. They placed the heater further away from the bowl.

Last edited:
VapeReady,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Friend i think you should learn how to READ. I said i want an accurate reading of the temperature. Meaning a digital reading stating a number on screen that reads and goes up and down by 1°C. So, yeah, an analog wheel is not precise in that regard and it has everything to do with that.
If you think that little temp change of 1° will actually do anything, or that is an indicator of the actual steady cannabis temperature I have a bridge to sell you. That's like the people who like to quote boiling points when you talk about vaporization. It's both misleading and inaccurate.
Not exactly. THC boils at 156°C.
Oops.

VapeReady

Thanks for the advice friend, i know the thread already. The boiling point of THC Delta 9 is 155°C - 157°C. So you are wrong at what you're stating in this thread. Not sure why you are trying to cover up your misinformation by linking another thread giving me advice. I have been a member of this forum for more than 10 years and know the temp charts before you were born. Seems like some need to cut their consumption or change their stash in here. :uhoh::lol::tup::science::uhh::peace::wave:

VapeReady,
  • Haha
Reactions: XpeeN

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Thanks for the advice friend, i know the thread already. The boiling point of THC Delta 9 is 155°C - 157°C. So you are wrong at what you're stating in this thread. Not sure why you are trying to cover up your misinformation by linking another thread giving me advice.
Actually the boiling point of THC is probably above 400 Celsius in a vacuum. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5733806/

The collection point is roughly 200C, which is of what we care about. But I suppose that chart you found in Reddit is good enough information for you.

Again this is why this discussion of exact temps and boiling points is bad and ultimately leads people to incorrect conclusions.

VapeReady

Actually the boiling point of THC is probably above 400 Celsius in a vacuum. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5733806/

The collection point is roughly 200C, which is of what we care about. But I suppose that chart you found in Reddit is good enough information for you.

Again this is why this discussion of exact temps and boiling points is bad and ultimately leads people to incorrect conclusions.
You are posting a link of a study that is based on a test with solvents and a freaking cryostat. :doh:

I would advice people to stop stating things in threads based on their own conclusions unless it's not a reliable source based on a vaporizer test.

There have been several tests through medical facilities with medical grade vaporizers like volcano's. Various temperatures have various effects with different extractions of compounds including different terpenes. I think there is a difference between evaporation and boiling. This is where the misconception of the chart could lead to the conclusion that the temperature stated are not boiling points but evaporation points.

The chart of reddit is a chart that has been made of a member based on research and medical tests. And.... it's accurate. The thread posted previously btw is not the correct thread. This is the correct thread which is more in depth and covers a lot more through the years.

Last edited:
VapeReady,
Top Bottom