WTF is my Liger doing to my poor FC-710?

matthend

So I have been happily using my 30mm Liger for almost a year now. about two weeks ago, i broke my claim catcher, so have had it mounted directly to the 710 since. Today, I noticed the liger was not sitting straight on top of the rig, and pulled it off to find this:
0rgGDSS.jpg

Is this possibly from me qtipping too hard? that is the only thing I could think that would cause this, but I really try to just press hard enough to clean the insert. Any ideas at all would be greatly appreciated!

matthend,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
That's why you are supposed to use a dropdown, or at least a "coupler" type of adapter to keep your nail off of direct contact with your glass piece when it expends and contracts with the heating and cooling.

Otherwise, given enough time, eventually what happened to you...happens.

Ramahs,

matthend

Hmmm, I have had it on a reclaim catcher drop down since I bought it, only moving it to the piece two weeks ago. This seems like a short time for this behavior to occur when the previous 9.5 months of the same heat up and cool down did not have this affect on the claim catcher.

matthend,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
That behavior could occur after only one use or 500 uses. You never know.
If it's going to happen, better it happen to your adapter than your main piece though.

Ramahs,

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Lame!

I can't see your image, but I'm sorry for your loss.
I've been running my Liger's directly into multiple rigs, using both 14mm male and 10mm male joints for years with no ill effects.
Some rigs quite expensive.
Clear joints only though.

I still haven't run my Liger Air direct using it's 10mm male joint, but I do regularly run it "directly" into a 14mm female rig using a 14mm->10mm glass low profile reducer.

Top Bottom