Would this be a good start? Suggestions?

Lemming

Ok, so tomorrow i'll place the order for the lotus; it's €149 with the J-Hook and adapter. Would you think it would be a good idea to add a water filter for another €40?
There are two reasons i'm considering it:
- I might find the vapor easier on the throat with the water pipe.
- I'd already have a backup in case i break the J-Hook.
What would you do?
Thanks,
Lemming

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ok, so tomorrow i'll place the order for the lotus; it's €149 with the J-Hook and adapter. Would you think it would be a good idea to add a water filter for another €40?
What would you do?
Thanks,
Lemming

Yup if you can afford to grab both, more versatility and fun options!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

What would you do?
Thanks,
Lemming
Yeah, bubbler is a great option too!
remember to use a small flat screwdriver to remove any air from the butane torch, if you are having problems with refilling the torch. almost always you need to purge the air out before refilling. i purge every time i need to refill my lighters
i recommend these torch lighters:
although the Honest (plastic) torches are good as well, the advantage with the plastic Honest is that you can see how much butane is left in your lighter. with the metal ones you can't, but they feel better in my hand imho, and probably will last longer.

GoldenBud,

shopdognyc

Hi all, new member here.
I've read quite a bit recently and searched the forum too; i still think i'd be better off with some guidance and suggestions on my case.
I've quit tobacco many years ago; have had weed very little and intermittently since.
Nowadays i starterd growing for my own use, mostly CBD strains; i make edibles but having weed around, some inhaling is inviting ;-)
Currently if i want a hit, i just dig an old stone pipe i stored in the garage, add a tiny bit (very little) of weed and get one small hit.
That's it; no sessions, no people around. Just me in the garage at the end of the day for one or two tiny hits.
I want to start vaporizing, since even in this minimal scenario i do not like the harshness of smoke, nor i think it's any good. Actually, even if minimal, i do feel some disconfort in the throat for a while.
So here are my priorities and plan:

- Want softer experience for throat and lungs
- Minimal amount of weed used; one or two hits is enough
- Efficiency not a problem
- Torch, battery, plug... Whatever works, no real preference
- Fast and convenient to prepare, use and put away is better
- Less than $200 would be ideal

So with this in mind, i was thinking to get a VapCap and a torch lighter; i have been considering a Solo 2 or even a plug-in but i think the VapCap would be a better fit and even cheaper.
One doubt i have is regarding the smoothness of the vapor: will i find it nicer on my throat than the pipe i'm burning with now?
Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for the help, best
Lemming.
I still vote for Dynavap and through water.
From experience, if you ever combust your bowl, you will have the visual in front of you of the combusted smoke going into the glass. Its all of a sudden rush and pretty distinct in color.

If within your budget, I'd say Dynavap, Induction Heater and a small bubbler. Pretty sure you can do all of that under $200. If not, torch and glsas to help with something softer.

I find the Dynavap more versatile.

shopdognyc,

GoldenBud

I still vote for Dynavap and through water.
From experience, if you ever combust your bowl, you will have the visual in front of you of the combusted smoke going into the glass. Its all of a sudden rush and pretty distinct in color.

If within your budget, I'd say Dynavap, Induction Heater and a small bubbler. Pretty sure you can do all of that under $200. If not, torch and glsas to help with something softer.

I find the Dynavap more versatile.
it's the best vape in the world comparing to its size, but why you need to heat the material without inhaling if you are in your house? it only makes you lose terpenes/trichomes

GoldenBud,

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Losing trichomes in a vape is new to me. The terpene loss may depend on usage (better a single flame than a IH imo), but thricomes loss is a "mechanical" thing I believe, no? :hmm:

Franco,
Reactions: GI

Lemming

Thank you for all the comments; i placed the order for a Lotus J-Hook set with the adapter and a water filter.
Indeed the more i was searching through the site and the net, the more i was getting confused. Now i feel this will be at least good for my specific case if not great with all the info i got here.
In the EU is quite difficult to find, and i got it from Vapefully; they cleared all the doubts very fast in the chat and shipped within a few hours of placing the order. I'll update once i actually get it.
And i might have to ask some questions, although it seems pretty straightforward and just needs some practice.
Losing trichomes in a vape is new to me. The terpene loss may depend on usage (better a single flame than a IH imo), but thricomes loss is a "mechanical" thing I believe, no? :hmm:
I thought the same thing...
Best,
Lemming

GoldenBud

my bad. meant while you heat it some thc is lost. thc has a boiling point of the 160~ and while you heat it to 170(low temp cap)/180/190/200 you lose some thc. heating without inhaling.

glad you brought a Lotus @Lemming you will enjoy it :tup:

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Franco

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
Thank you for all the comments; i placed the order for a Lotus J-Hook set with the adapter and a water filter.
Indeed the more i was searching through the site and the net, the more i was getting confused. Now i feel this will be at least good for my specific case if not great with all the info i got here.
In the EU is quite difficult to find, and i got it from Vapefully; they cleared all the doubts very fast in the chat and shipped within a few hours of placing the order. I'll update once i actually get it.
And i might have to ask some questions, although it seems pretty straightforward and just needs some practice.

I thought the same thing...
Best,
Lemming

Awesome! You'll love it!

Alexis

Hi all, new member here.
I've read quite a bit recently and searched the forum too; i still think i'd be better off with some guidance and suggestions on my case.
I've quit tobacco many years ago; have had weed very little and intermittently since.
Nowadays i starterd growing for my own use, mostly CBD strains; i make edibles but having weed around, some inhaling is inviting ;-)
Currently if i want a hit, i just dig an old stone pipe i stored in the garage, add a tiny bit (very little) of weed and get one small hit.
That's it; no sessions, no people around. Just me in the garage at the end of the day for one or two tiny hits.
I want to start vaporizing, since even in this minimal scenario i do not like the harshness of smoke, nor i think it's any good. Actually, even if minimal, i do feel some disconfort in the throat for a while.
So here are my priorities and plan:

- Want softer experience for throat and lungs
- Minimal amount of weed used; one or two hits is enough
- Efficiency not a problem
- Torch, battery, plug... Whatever works, no real preference
- Fast and convenient to prepare, use and put away is better
- Less than $200 would be ideal

So with this in mind, i was thinking to get a VapCap and a torch lighter; i have been considering a Solo 2 or even a plug-in but i think the VapCap would be a better fit and even cheaper.
One doubt i have is regarding the smoothness of the vapor: will i find it nicer on my throat than the pipe i'm burning with now?
Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for the help, best
Lemming.
Im sure you have already had tons of great replies here, but my first thought...and this is unusual for me actually...was to suggest the simple vapcap.

It will DEFINITELY be much smoother, gentler on throat and lungs vs your pipe.

It's not top tier vapor quality IMO. But good enough for what you ate looking for I feel.

I never combust with my vapcap, unless loud music and I miss a click.

It's cheap, fast, discreet, reliable, durable, dependable, just keep working torches and gas on hand. It's pennies a year in terms of gas cost.

I just feel that for once, in this case, it may be exactly what you want, are seeking.

Edit- I see you are going with a Lotus. I won't contend that, although I would suggest it may have a slightly higher degree of difficulty and learning curve.

But from all I hear, it should pay off by providing better quality vapor than the vapcap.

GoldenBud

Edit- I see you are going with a Lotus. I won't contend that, although I would suggest it may have a slightly higher degree of difficulty and learning curve.

But from all I hear, it should pay off by providing better quality vapor than the vapcap.
I love my vapcap and will use it on the go, but it feels more like an oven to me than a vaporizer. a very discete, smart, tiny oven for herbs.

GoldenBud,

Rab

As a previous pipe smoker, A dynavap/cap sounds perfect if you enjoyed your pipes. It gives you a more or less identical experience without the combustion.. it wont be quite as harsh as a pipe and it will be 100x tastier, and youd be hard pressed to find a more convenient vape for having sneaky sessions behind closed doors.

Personally I enjoy the harshness

Lemming

it may have a slightly higher degree of difficulty and learning curve.
I actually look forward to that too ;)
As a previous pipe smoker, A dynavap/cap sounds perfect if you enjoyed your pipes.
I gave up tobacco many years ago, and use the pipe sporadically now with weed only for lack of alternative, but hate the smoke. The more different from it and smoother, the better.

Lemming,

Rab

Well its certainly different. However the THC cough should be separated from the smoke cough as it will happen even with smooth vapor if its strong enough. You should be able to adjust the vapor/dose with practice, there are induction heaters for it too which make the process much simpler and should still fit your budget while looking somewhat inconspicuous in the garage. Also note when people say the vapor quality is low on it they are prob referring to the taste/how consistent is is. The vapor is very potent in effects(more comparable to smoking if you aim for full extraction). And If you hit it just right the taste will be up there with some of the best, but it might not be super consistent if you are using a lighter.
"Slower" vapes will give you smoother vapor with more hits ( its not exclusive but one usually kind of means the other) while things like the dynavap are kind of trained to your ritual/needs (from my slightly inexperienced use its definitely harsher but I aim/train for that, with microdosing and onehitterquitters not smoothness)

A log vape might be an option too if you can afford a socket. They look so nice it would be a shame to keep one in the garage but they are really versatile and people can rarely tell they are vapes if you hide the mouthpieces, they are pretty hard to get here though..

Last edited:
Rab,

Lemming

A log vape
I'm having a bit of a hard time wrapping my head around this kind of device, and also i don't seem to find any readily available in the EU.
If i get to enjoy this whole vaporizing thing and find it sustainable, the torch and 'pipe' look of the lotus will still have to stay in the closet (garage), but something more stylish and less ambiguous, yet still convection and good quality vapor might get out more in the open...

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I'm having a bit of a hard time wrapping my head around this kind of device, and also i don't seem to find any readily available in the EU.
If i get to enjoy this whole vaporizing thing and find it sustainable, the torch and 'pipe' look of the lotus will still have to stay in the closet (garage), but something more stylish and less ambiguous, yet still convection and good quality vapor might get out more in the open...
I am pretty new here myself, but can at least answer as to what a log vaporizer does/allows. Its essentially a large convection heater designed to be used with stems or WPAs--the manual for the Woodscents has some nice diagrams to illustrate--scroll down about half way to the "How to use" section.

You turn the heater on and give them a few minutes to preheat (quite a few folks seem to leave them on all day as well), load your stem/WPA and either hold the stem over the heater in the log/invert the log and place it into the WPA attached to your glass of choice. Take a few puffs and enjoy. They're known for being spectacularly efficient even with tiny doses but quick to reload if you want an extended session (https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/...-low-tolerance-user.50784/page-2#post-1539143 @BrianTL explained his workflow when I was asking some questions, and its matched pretty much spot on with my experience, though I've only had mine for a few days now).

It sounds like you're set with the Lotus for the time being. It looks mighty slick in photos! The logs I've seen all seem a bit more discrete, but honestly rather than spend a lot of money if I were in your shoes I'd use what you have until you start thinking, "Man this would be so much better if it just xyz or didn't abc" to guide any further purchases.

P.S. Not sure about shipping to the EU. The maker of the WS, Eds TNT, mentions it in a faq so its at least an option there. The Musa also looks to be a log, but I have no first hand experience (I swear I saw someone suggest it in a log thread for an EU member when I was doing my research before making a purchase)--its made in Germany, so you'd probably save on shipping and VAT and such.

Edit: Just fixing the link. Does anyone know what the format is besides the shortcut button? I'm so used to [linkText](https://link.url.here) but that isn't the case here.

Last edited:

Lemming

It sounds like you're set with the Lotus for the time being. It looks mighty slick in photos! The logs I've seen all seem a bit more discrete, but honestly rather than spend a lot of money if I were in your shoes I'd use what you have until you start thinking, "Man this would be so much better if it just xyz or didn't abc" to guide any further purchases.
Thanks for the info on logs; indeed for the time being i'll be practicing with the Lotus that seems more than good enough for my needs. Yet it's nice to get a grip on all the kinds of vaporizers available and pros and cons of each.
If like many here i'll end up suffering from VAS, the log would be high on the list; but it would be months down the road at least and i don't tend to suffer from those syndromes anyways...

Top Bottom