Would like to make Afghan/Moroccan style hashish

Hey, folks. I fucking LOVE the old-school, traditional type hash - Moroccan, Afghan, etc. I'm well aware of the technical superiority, at least in terms of THC content and "purity", with bubble hash and other concentrates, but I've never *enjoyed* bubble - frankly, too strong for me.

I'd like to learn how to make my own hashish in the Moroccan / Afghan styles (even to a lesser degree, Lebanese). I've seen a couple of vids on youtube that show *somewhat* how it's done, but despite trying, I've not succeeding in coming anywhere near the desired results. Maybe there are more that I've missed, or better ones elsewhere.

As a note - I'm not interested in simply pressing (and baking) Kief - I want that gummy/pliable hash.

Does anybody know how to do this, or has anybody come across good resources for this? If you've found videos / guides / etc., anything would be appreciated.

Looking forward to your replies - and hope the summer's doing you well.
Cheers.

BeOptimistic,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
In Morocco traditionally plants were harvested and left to dry in the sun until winter, which is partly why the traditional moroccan hash tastes the way it does... The moroccans use large fine mesh screens and then press it with or without heat. They do the sieving on frosty winter days when the resin crystals can more readily fall off the weed. They use the finest mesh to produce "00" quality which is soft and sticky, and then pass the remaining material through increasingly more coarse screens to produce lower quality dry, powdery hash, and finally kief.
IDK about how the Afghans used to do it. Afghan hash always tasted more skunky and was more sticky and black, making me think they did a better job at drying the weed or maybe used the Indian way of rubbing the resin off fresh buds instead.... either way is primitive and requires large quantities of herb...

Just use the ice bubble mesh system but put whole plants in and harvest them early or select a high CBD, low THC strain ?

Last edited:
Haze Mister,
Top Bottom