Wooden "Vapor Tower" Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_professor

Hello,
First off, I did a forum search on the topic, and only came up with "V-tower extreme" and idk wtf that is but it is not what i have. Anyways, I was hoping some one else has this model

http://www.vaporstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=VaporTower

My wife and bought this wooden thing and it is great, and awesome, but so inconsistent. I dont understand what it is that we do differently from the first pack to the next 2 or 3 but it only seems to work for the first pack. I do everything the same, and it only vaporizes for the first screen pack. the next two are nothing , just bown nugs.

Also, its supposedly heats up "in 5 minutes" but this takes more like 10-15 to warm up. Just wondering if this is normal or if mine is jacked up and should be returned.

Instructions recomend setting of 10 o clock, but that is not nearly hot enough (idk, i don't think it is, no vapors), but 1 o clock is to hot and you get charred nuggets with no vapors.

I'm sorry if this already exists in a thread somewhere, like i said i couldn't find it. If anyone owns this thing please help me out with these questions. or link the thread that exixts regarding the wooden vapor tower and not the super extreme mountain dew stainless steel vapor tower of amazing digital awesome performance for 900$ :)

-What is the right temperature or dial setting for optimum hits, or any hits at all?
- is 10 15 min warm up is normal (as opposed to "hot in minutes!" advertisement?

Thank you, great forum!

the_professor,

max

Out to lunch
I do everything the same, and it only vaporizes for the first screen pack. the next two are nothing , just bown nugs.
Vapor Tower's a good box vape. Are you saying you load three bowls and only get vapor from the first one? Strange. So how often do you get the 'vapor, no vapor, no vapor' cycle? If you turn it off for a while does it start over again? You're not packing the bowl too tight I hope.

Also, its supposedly heats up "in 5 minutes" but this takes more like 10-15 to warm up. Just wondering if this is normal or if mine is jacked up and should be returned.

Instructions recomend setting of 10 o clock, but that is not nearly hot enough (idk, i don't think it is, no vapors), but 1 o clock is to hot and you get charred nuggets with no vapors.
A lot of models benefit from some extra warm-up time. How hard are you hitting it? You know you lower the temp when you draw air through the herb, right? There should be a range on the dial where you can get vapor without burning. If it's burning at 1, I would think you'd start to get vapor at 10. You can always contact Vaporstore. They don't just sell that model, they make it. They have good service and I'm sure they'll take care of the problem if you do have a bad unit.

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
the super extreme mountain dew stainless steel vapor tower of amazing digital awesome performance for 900$
The Extreme has a new name. :lol:

I do everything the same, and it only vaporizes for the first screen pack. the next two are nothing , just bown nugs.
Sounds like the temp is dropping off after the first bowl and not heating back up fast enough. Though, if your herb is turning brown, usually that would indicate that it is being vaped... weird.

vtac,

the_professor

Thank you for the tips/ suggestions.

One last thing i wanted to ask...

are the vapors invisible? Always?
I think mine is broken. I feel high, the nug is semi brown, but I don't think it gets hot enough to produce this elusive "vapor"

My wife and I both "feel it", but don't see anything. regardless of the temperature, it does nto seem to matter after the second day. no difference between 10 o clock or 1 o clock.

I like this, but seems to inconsistent and difficult to get to work properly or consistently. I think its broken

no vapors :(

the_professor,

the_professor

Nevermind! Like a streek of genius i figured it out, i feel so dumb....

Ours (noty sure about everyones) has to be cranked up to 1 o clock, and let it sit with the nug on it for 5 mins. then come back to it and POW! Awesome! we love this thing. thanks guys~!

the_professor,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hehe hi professor ;) welcome here !!
happy to see new vaporist here !!! you'll see vapor will leave you adict to the taste and effect ;)

Enjoy !

Clear_Dome,

max

Out to lunch
Ours (noty sure about everyones) has to be cranked up to 1 o clock, and let it sit with the nug on it for 5 mins.
You shouldn't have to do that. Some models would vaporize half the herb in that time with ambient heat. You can use it like that if you want, but I'd contact Vaporstore myself.

max,

the_professor

Thanks for the tips everyone. I'll contact vapor tower people and see if mines ok having to be cranked up to 1.

And the video... I watched it before, and the part of it that throws me off, (and lead me here) is that the dude hits it right away after he puts it on the ceramic filament, and if I do that we don't get much of anything. The key, liek i mentioned before, is to let it cook or "roast" we call it, for a couple misn before taking a hit. But then it is amazing. Haven't used a a lighter in 6 days.
my wife and I both notice not have any black tar or mucus , which would come from regularly burning it.

the_professor,

max

Out to lunch
the part of it that throws me off, (and lead me here) is that the dude hits it right away after he puts it on the ceramic filament, and if I do that we don't get much of anything.
But you should be able to do the same unless you're hitting it too hard or there's something wrong with the unit. It doesn't seem to have the normal vaping range as far as temp goes.

max,

ozwiz

owner Vaporiser World NOW live Australia
max said:
Ours (noty sure about everyones) has to be cranked up to 1 o clock, and let it sit with the nug on it for 5 mins.
You shouldn't have to do that. Some models would vaporize half the herb in that time with ambient heat. You can use it like that if you want, but I'd contact Vaporstore myself.
Mine too . 1 o'clock & let it sit 5 mins . Tried it at 12 o'clock no vapor to speak of really , flavor but no vapor , go the other way & 1.30 fuck combustion !!:lol: This vape handy car vape after surf or such things . Very sturdy can knock it around a bit .:)

ozwiz,

max

Out to lunch
ozwiz said:
Mine too . 1 o'clock & let it sit 5 mins . Tried it at 12 o'clock no vapor to speak of really , flavor but no vapor , go the other way & 1.30 fuck combustion !!:lol: This vape handy car vape after surf or such things . Very sturdy can knock it around a bit .:)
I guess that's normal then? Seems like they could get their instructions and video inline with the way the units actually work. :/

max,

blazin

I have the same vaporizer. At 10oclock its good for the aroma bowl but not for vapeing. You can vape at 11:30-12:00 but you have to inhale slower than normal, and for some reason it works better without the mouth piece. Weird cause my freinds vaporbrother works better without the mouth piece too. Anyways i smoke blunts for many years. I use my vapor tower on 1oclock never higher than that unless my weed is a little moist, but i always bring it back to 10clock after about 2 hits. Sometimes ill take the weed out after 2 hits and put it back in the grinder to get it finer and wow youll get crazzy vapors. It really like its weed very very crushed and youll like it even better.:ninja: Lastnight i did a test on the vaportower. It seems that it vapes better once the whole unit is warm. So it does take around 20-30 mins to completly get warm. If u wait the 2min they say you wont get any vape just flavor. I never noticed this because i always let my vaportower warm up for a long time because im always doing someting around the house. They might wanna go back and change the instructions to let it warm up longer.

blazin,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom