Wood bowls?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I've used many wood bowls and I like them. Most of the times they are pretty neutral, but occasionally I get one that has some flavor. The SB twist bowl had a distinct cherry flavor but I think I was one of the first people to get one.

I typically use the same method to clean wood bowls as I do wood stems. I remove the screen and soak it in iso. Then I slather the whole bowl with wax (usually a combination of beeswax and mineral oil, but there are lots of good options). I leave it alone for an hour or so and then wipe off the wax. Resin is fat soluble and it usually just gets pulled right into the wax. The bowls always come out as good as new.

My favorite wood bowls right now are made by DFreez Designs: https://www.dfreezdesigns.com/s/shop The One bowl is great with most of my 18mm injectors. I think it is their best bowl. The Couchlog bowl is good with the CouchLog, great with the Underdog Alpha.

The Ed's TNT injector bowl is great although I don't have the most current version. The injector has to be held in place but it has a good seal despite resting only on the lip of the bowl. It also works pretty well with 14mm injectors if you drop the metal CL herb chamber in it.

I typically use the same method to clean wood bowls as I do wood stems. I remove the screen and soak it in iso. Then I slather the whole bowl with wax (usually a combination of beeswax and mineral oil, but there are lots of good options). I leave it alone for an hour or so and then wipe off the wax. Resin is fat soluble and it usually just gets pulled right into the wax. The bowls always come out as good as new.

My favorite wood bowls right now are made by DFreez Designs: https://www.dfreezdesigns.com/s/shop The One bowl is great with most of my 18mm injectors. I think it is their best bowl. The Couchlog bowl is good with the CouchLog, great with the Underdog Alpha.

The Ed's TNT injector bowl is great although I don't have the most current version. The injector has to be held in place but it has a good seal despite resting only on the lip of the bowl. It also works pretty well with 14mm injectors if you drop the metal CL herb chamber in it.
Thank you! Have you noticed a difference in how the woods of varying hardness levels function/absorb resin? Curious if the super hardwoods are easier to maintain or just harder to make and more durable.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Thank you! Have you noticed a difference in how the woods of varying hardness levels function/absorb resin? Curious if the super hardwoods are easier to maintain or just harder to make and more durable.
That's a good question. I have not noticed a difference, but I might not have tried enough different wood stems and bowls. Although I don't observe a difference here with the various woods for my bricks either.

I suspect it really depends on many factors, including density. I think age, cure, and oils all would make a difference.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
I would like to add one of those bowls to my toolbox but everything I ever see on these threads is always sold out :\
I kinda wish the shops would take 'em off the site instead of taunting me with pages and pages of SOLD OUT goodies, lol.

Haze Mister,
Reactions: cosimo

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I'm not sure it has to do with hardness really, some woods are hard but porous, there are a lot of different structures to the wood grain... furthermore certain woods can be a sensitizer, potentially worse, depending on the person... you might notice using a wood bowl that the vapor feels harsher off gassing (this has been my experience with some types but others can be more neutral)

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I would like to add one of those bowls to my toolbox but everything I ever see on these threads is always sold out :\
I kinda wish the shops would take 'em off the site instead of taunting me with pages and pages of SOLD OUT goodies, lol.
Dfreez designs let's you filter to just items in stock. But why not just reach out to the artists directly if you don't see what you want available? The worst they can say is, "no."

Grass Yes,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

coolbreeze

Dfreez micro diffuser bowls are awesome. They reduce the bowl size and concentrate the heat to the load. You can get a fully-roasted one-hitter of various sizes, or a couple-three hits at a slower pace. Really allows me to use my Zeals at a dosage more appropriate for me.
IMG-5838.jpg

Top Bottom