Wolkenkraft FX Mini Ultra (Fury/Fenix/HR), or man-up and go Tinymight...?

Navyblueboss

TLDR: I'm in doubt the financial difference between the Fx mini ultra and the Tinymight (3x the price) is worth the upgrade, since it's a lot of money for me, but I do use daily...

Okay so before you all start yelling that I need to go for the tinymight, please hear me out...

I owned a Storm vaper, the old one shaped like a flashlight. This in itself is also a remake/rebrand of another 10 brands I believe. This thing got me started on vaping and I had a blast with it (but I got rid of it a few years back). Later I bought a Dynavap M and upgraded to Ti mp with a custom stem which i have been rocking for the past 5-8 years.

I want to go back to an electric vaper, or at least have the option to choose. Mostly for ease of use and control over temperature. I was looking at the Utillian 620, because of its ease of cleaning. I found out (here on the FC) this is just a rebranded HR/Fenix/etc and saw a little too much posts about it breaking down here on FC. The little brother of this vaper seems to hold up better and from what im reading should have a pretty OK flavor. The only real tradeoff seems to be the battery life, and the mouthpiece getting a little hot. The latter shouldnt matter since I used the Storm Vaper before and that one even had a shorter glass MP, which also got warm/hot and I didnt really mind since I use it solo and take it slow (its primary for my ADHD) so it never got to hot anyways.

Now, I can't buy all of the brands, but Wolkenkraft is available to me. I noticed they have an upgraded version of the FX mini, the FX mini Ultra. This one has USB-C, charges faster, and can be used while charging. Therefore I don't think the battery problem is a big deal. Also it has a TI chamber now and some other small upgrades.

But... It's still a chinese vaporizer, and im not so sure about its longevity (altho it has a 5 year warranty now). And you basterds introduced me to the TinyMight and god that looks and sounds good. So now im split, buying a "cheap" 129 euro vaper... Or allmost triple the price for a TM. There is always something better and sometimes good is good enough, the price is really high for me and I would need to wait 2 or 3 months before I even could buy the TM.

Do you think the difference in day to day use would be that big? Or is this something thats only noticeable for the elite users? How would you fly about making this decision?

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
The HR Fury/Fenix clone is a conduction, session vaporizer. Will take you two 6 min heat cycles to get through a load. Also has non replaceable batteries and a limited charge that may not last you a full day.

The TM is an on demand, convection vape. Replaceable 18650 batteries.

You’re really comparing apples to oranges.

edit: let me clarify by saying I had a Fury Edge and found the session time too long for my use and I sold it at a loss. I replaced it with a Milaana 3 ( convection, on demand, replacement batteries) which is still in my regular rotation.

Last edited:

Navyblueboss

Thanks for the reply. Could you explain to me why the fx mini is conduction? I read it's convection everywhere, the heating element is underneath/before the chamber if I'm right. Also heat up time should be less then 30 seconds, so why would it take 6 minutes to get thru a load? Is it because it can't keep up while vaping or something?

I know these two devices are totally different, but so is the price tag.. How would I experience the difference? Like, how would the user experience and work flow differ? Maybe someone could walk me thru this, so I could make a better choice for one or the other.

Navyblueboss,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Could you explain to me why the fx mini is conduction? I read it's convection everywhere, the heating element is underneath/before the chamber if I'm right. Also heat up time should be less then 30 seconds, so why would it take 6 minutes to get thru a load? Is it because it can't keep up while vaping or something?

Despite the claims it is a hybrid at best, it is small metal there, session style so it is cooking for you, the heat radiates and conducts to the load... TM you are using the button, with a much larger heater, more power faster to heat and only heating as you inhale hot air through the load pure convection on demand... So yes it takes the clones you're looking at longer to extract, they don't have to power, the TM can also go slower if you lower the temps, more control over how you extract with the full temp range dial and button on demand control, plus fully removable cleanable glass stem chamber, better made materials, will produce better vapor quality so aside for more power it will taste better and feel better, a better high likely (although nothing is universally perfect for everyone)

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
The HR Fury... will take you two 6 min heat cycles to get through a load.
I'm really surprised by this. I know it's not exactly like for like, but my OG HR Rogue could blast through a dosing cap from a cold start in about 60 seconds at 220° with three enormous lungfuls that left AVB the colour of cafe au lait. (Although you could sip at lower temp for up to 240 seconds before it would turn itself off). Really hadn't realised what an enormous step up the Rogue was. And although I was very fond of it, I'm not sure if recommend that either

TedJones

Do you think the difference in day to day use would be that big?
Yeah, most definitely if it’s going to be your daily driver. Might as well enjoy every sesh rather than think what could have been. Like most things, you get what you pay for. I don’t have the TM, but do have a POTV one, which suits its purpose for rare stealth pulls out & about, if needed. But that’s about it.

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
I also owned a HR Fury Edge and much, much prefer my TM2 with aftermarket stem. I agree the Edge has a good amount of conduction going on. TM2 is essentially all convection, and much easier to maintain.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
“man-up and go Tinymight...?”

Definitely… man-up!

“There is an old adage that states, "buy once, cry once." It is a term to describe the purchasing of an expensive item, of excellent quality. Implies that the owner will initially, have reservations or guilt for buying ... Yes expensive, but of great quality.”

RustyOldNail,

Navyblueboss

Might as well enjoy every sesh rather than think what could have been.
Oh man you guys are killing me...

Oke so I will sleep on it, but I think I will go for the TM after reading you replies. Was hoping some would say the fx mini would be good enough, but reading this I can't buy it and not wonder what could have been, like Ted said.

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
My first vapes were a Dynavap and an HR Fury Ii. The Fury didn't stay in the lineup past a year as the flavor was never good and I'm not a session guy. 2/5; would not recommend, would not buy again.
Get the good tool.

feralcomprehension,

Dutch-Mic

I never used the TM, but another and less pricy EU option is the Dreamwood Glow 18 with a box mod. It is basically a wooden on-demand convection vaporizer with different mouthpiece options, from artisan wooden mouthpieces to XXL cooling mouthpieces.
It heats up in a few second, taste is nice and especially the glass mouthpieces are easy to clean.

newola

I started out with the wolkenkraft fx mini several years ago. A cracking little device. Good battery, heats up quick and I just turned it off after a couple of pulls. Nice and discreet size too.

I've still got it somewhere.

newola,

Petrolhead

Stay away from Utillian 620/or fenix pro, same item with other name. My 1rst and 2nd vaporizer (replacement) had the same issue with buttery after a year of use... great champer design but for trash. After this again in my favorite style, still exist with 10 years guarrantee, smono 3 from eu shop @ 89 euros. Now cost 99 euros. Because is small and well known for the use

Petrolhead,

XpeeN

How about xmax v3 pro? xlux ruffo? avlp? And like Dutch mic said, if you're not afraid of 510s, a glow 18 will solve your problem easily.

XpeeN,
Top Bottom