Discontinued WizVape new portable in 2013

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Piece of crap.

I understand that the Wizvape is a disappointment and it might be ineffective, but let's stick to genuine factual criticisms and not resort to name-calling. The indication here is that this manufacturer is genuinely trying to produce a working vapourizer and this isn't just a scam, since they have offered refunds. They wouldn't be the first to have malfunctioning units at start-up.

This caution is meant for everyone and not just you.

Tweek

This is true. I apologize for contributing to the nonsense. Hopefully they pull things together, and even get a rep over on the forum.

Tweek,
Reactions: pakalolo

smknochk

nosmknochk
I call it like I see it and for 270 I think I can call it poo poo. I wanted it to work as much as they did I stalk their website and pre-ordered and liked em on Facebook hell I was their number two unpaid spokesman. So CRAP it is

smknochk,

Tweek

I like straight shooters, but I understand and respect what the mods mean here. At least the folks at Wizvape have been giving refunds along with paid postage. That at least shows they have some integrity. So we should at least be respectful to them for that, and who knows...maybe with some forum feedback they will develop a great product in the end?

Tweek,
Reactions: pakalolo

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Sure, i can get with that but they might have to put in years more work like the infamous mivape crew, especially with the stiff competition already established

Custom Flower Hardware,

Tweek

Sure, i can get with that but they might have to put in years more work like the infamous mivape crew, especially with the stiff competition already established

I admit, it doesn't look good...but as long as they are refunding people and nobody is getting ripped off, that is the most important thing. Then you can choose as a customer whether to reinvest down the road or get another vape altogether.

smknochk

nosmknochk
The idea is amazing I think the company is good also just a bad decision to release it before they worked the kinks out ...I'm still freshly wounded I needed this to work.

smknochk,

toros23

I call it like I see it and for 270 I think I can call it poo poo. I wanted it to work as much as they did I stalk their website and pre-ordered and liked em on Facebook hell I was their number two unpaid spokesman. So CRAP it is

Would you mind sharing what changed besides the stir thing breaking? I will go out on a limb and call the stirring a complete gimmick but I thought you were getting good taste and light vapor? I couldn't really get any flavor with the heat applied and certainly no vapor.

toros23,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

I asked you to be respectful, now I'm telling you. This is the rule:
  • Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed. State your complaint and move on.
Break it again and you get a point.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I think the fact that this device is not really available through any of the usual methods of distribution (and you have to order it off their website) speaks to the quality. Unless their plan is to only direct sale to customers... which is not the best in the long run. That says to me distributors don't want to carry the product.

I did reach out to them several times stating my interest in getting a unit for testing and review to share here and on video... never got a response.. which also says to me they don't want to really give the product out to reviewers because they know how it might be received.

Unfortunately everyone seems to have gotten a defective unit... or really the thing just does not work. If I was looking at the situation trying to decide if I wanted to buy or not... I would be scared away at this point. Maybe they can sort out the issues...

Slightly Medicated,

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I just want to point out that you can get completely blasted without ever getting visible vapour. The obsession with thick visible clouds comes from expecting combustion results, in my opinion. Visible vapour has a higher particulate content, which also makes it harsher. Harshness is another leftover from combustion that people expect and that I, for one, could do without. There's a comprehensive discussion of this in the MFLB Vaporpedia entry.
You can still blow light vapor clouds which you wouldn't normally see unless under proper lighting conditions. That is what I meant, not the big clouds you get from other ports on higher temps:)

Custom Flower Hardware,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The refunds are a good sign. After what happened to vxl, I'm sensitive to the possibility that the product is not being built to spec by the manufacturer. If that's the case, then there is hope for this product. But at this point it is either this scenario, user error or a bad design that should have never gotten this far. Time will tell.

For now I think we should give the company the benefit of the doubt but not the product. The puzzling thing is that it is being trumpeted as a radiation vape, which would lead me to think it is working as intended but not hot enough.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Personally I think it is just a bad design. My unit got hot to the point where it was uncomfortable to handle, but i could not blow out anything visible for the life of me.

On the other hand, I mailed my unit back on Thursday. My girfriend just said she got an email saying they received it and a refund should appear on the credit card within the next couple days. We will see...

Hopefully nexttime she surprises me itll be with an ascent or something more worthwhile

Mynameismud,

ParadisVapo.com

Retailer
I think the fact that this device is not really available through any of the usual methods of distribution (and you have to order it off their website) speaks to the quality. Unless their plan is to only direct sale to customers... which is not the best in the long run. That says to me distributors don't want to carry the product.

I asked them to buy one for my shop for testing... but they never answer ! :\

ParadisVapo.com,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Can any one who has one take some pics of the product please and if possible some size comparison shots?

lesvape,
Reactions: mrweed

Alex Ramos

Heyy guys. I recently got my wizvape yesterday, i knew i got a defective item the second i packed the bowl and saw no difference in color with my herbs. Really, the design is not to bad, the rotating thingy also get's loosened up the more you play with it but the battery seems to die out very fast! i've bin having trouble contacting, everytime i call them they just say they're not available at the moment. When i do get a hold of them, should i get a refund and go for a solo or ascent, or get a replacement and hope not getting a broken version of it again.

Alex Ramos,

toros23

When i do get a hold of them, should i get a refund and go for a solo or ascent, or get a replacement and hope not getting a broken version of it again.

Your experience sounds similar to others, so if I had to guess I would say it is a poor design and not a broken unit. I asked them to test mine and send me a replacement if it was not working correctly and they opted for the refund. I say put your money elsewhere.. For a true portable, I like the Pinnacle and the INH XP right now for flowers.

BTW - email seems to be the best way to reach them.

toros23,

Mr_Zigzag

Got mine, sent it back still waiting for my money. If I don't get my money they better send back the unit. It was a cool concept, looked nice, but I didn't get nothing out of it, very little taste, no buzz.

Mr_Zigzag,
Top Bottom