Will I enjoy Purple Days with a high tolerance?

pngwyn

Sooo I am about to receive my PD this next week and I am SUPER stoked. I am just somewhat worried I won't enjoy it fully because my tolerance is somewhat high. I like to stay medicated sometimes throughout the entire day, and I have heard that it may not be the best vape for high tolerance users.

My understanding is the 4-5 PD stems is 1 MFLB trench.. if it usually takes me 2 MFLB trenches to be considered good does that mean I will have to do 8-10 PD stems to achieve a proper medicated level?

EDIT: Got PD today, posted results below.

pngwyn,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Log vapes are more efficient so you get more baked off little herb.. I was doing 0,5 g per session (3 hits) on my MW with bong.. Now i do just 0.2 (2-4 loads) to get the same level.. which i must say now seems to me too much cause i go longer way .. Its not an instant fuckup hit.. :)

Abysmal Vapor,

Nebulous

I wouldn't usually recommend the Purple Days to a high tolerance user. However, you've primarily been using a MFLB, so the Purple Days will seem like a significant upgrade. If you're not satisfied, a 7th Floor vape or the Cloud might be better suited for your tolerance.

Nebulous,

Bouldorado

Nebulous said:
I wouldn't usually recommend the Purple Days to a high tolerance user. However, you've primarily been using a MFLB, so the Purple Days will seem like a significant upgrade. If you're not satisfied, a 7th Floor vape or the Cloud might be better suited for your tolerance.

Agree. Your biggest complaint will be the bowl size. Hits great but you have to reload every 2-3 hits.

Bouldorado,

Sour Deez

Abysmal Vapor said:
Log vapes are more efficient so you get more baked off little herb.. I was doing 0,5 g per session (3 hits) on my MW with bong.. Now i do just 0.2 (2-4 loads) to get the same level.. which i must say now seems to me too much cause i go longer way .. Its not an instant fuckup hit.. :)

You pack it up, 0.5g in 3 hits wow!!! I load 0.1g in my SSV and that goes for 10+ hits.

Sour Deez,

Puget

mollusk
My experience:

Bought the MFLB first; a full trench seems good, maybe four good hits (through a one foot whip).
Then I got the PD which I learned to love with a bong and a 13.8 VDC regulated supply. One hit consumes a stem and I'm good. I wake-n-bake so I usually slip in another stem while making breakfast, just because I enjoy it.

Puget,

weedemon

enthusiast
im in your situation too. the pd can get you there but you will need several stems to get ya there. and if you are in a rush this wont be ideal. but i will suggest this to you.

if you are in to rush hit a bunch of stems and see how many it takes to get ya there.
or
get high using w/e vape you want. then once your there try using the PD to maintain your buzz threw out the day. this will work well :p

vapor bonging with the pd will improve things helping achieve bigger rips too!

weedemon,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I consider myself to have a fairly high tolerance. One PD stem in the morning is plenty for me. It is enough to get me lifted for sure. At night I tend to vape 4 to 6 stems as I use MMJ for insomnia. When I really want an attitude adjustment I'll vape more stems, but that is rare.

:2c:

Stu,

SD_haze

no matter your tolerance, that *first* sesh of the day never ever takes very much THC, so thats what I love my log vape for especially.

SD_haze,

Nebulous

Puget said:
My experience:

Bought the MFLB first; a full trench seems good, maybe four good hits (through a one foot whip).
Then I got the PD which I learned to love with a bong and a 13.8 VDC regulated supply. One hit consumes a stem and I'm good. I wake-n-bake so I usually slip in another stem while making breakfast, just because I enjoy it.

Puget, I was wondering where you purchased the 13 V power supply. Also, have you found the power supply to damage your Purple Days in any way?

Nebulous,

pngwyn

Sooo.. I got my PD today so I thought I'd update a little..

First I just gotta say how surprised I am at how small the filling chamber is.. I knew it was small, but it definitely looks and seems smaller in person, especially after packing what seems like a miniscule amount of herb.

I am a big Volcano fan, so I had my doubts when I ordered/received this, but holy moly I gotta say it is quite amazing so far. I have done around 5 stems total, and though I don't think I'm getting super thick hits, or hitting it 100% correctly quite yet, but I am finding I am very very medicated after just 1-2 stems..

It is a little more work, but I have found that emptying and reloading is incredibly quick anyways.. love this thing so far, my wallet is going to thank me too in the long run.. I can't really understand the science behind it though.. seems to me the PD can be similarly effective as the MFLB/Volcano while using significantly less herb.

pngwyn,

SD_haze

the stem is small but the herb should be quite finely grinded (like ground pepper almost) so you can actually fit a decent amount in there.

if you have a coarse (normal) grind that works with a lot of other vapes, it'll seem like you cant pack very much at all in it PLUS the rips will be much lighter.

needs surface area :D

I thought my grind was fine enough when I first got my log vape but now im doing finer and its working insanely better

SD_haze,

Puget

mollusk
Nebulous said:
Puget, I was wondering where you purchased the 13 V power supply. Also, have you found the power supply to damage your Purple Days in any way?
The power supply is intended for bench testing automotive accessories. I likely bought it from Parts-Express, years ago. It is a Zurich DPS-1012, which is no longer available (unless you buy a bunch from the factory in China).

I've been thinking of buying the "Pyramid PS15KX 10A 13.8-Volt Power Supply with Cigarette Lighter Adapter" as a backup (Amazon has a better price).
I typically leave the power on 24/7 so I like the idea of a fairly heavy duty supply--this is way more current capacity than needed. The transformer inside provides an excellent heat source for gently dehydrating herb placed in a ceramic dish.

After about four months of steady use on the PSU, my walnut PD still seems like new. No smell of wood char.

Puget,

Nebulous

Puget said:
The power supply is intended for bench testing automotive accessories. I likely bought it from Parts-Express, years ago. It is a Zurich DPS-1012, which is no longer available (unless you buy a bunch from the factory in China).

I've been thinking of buying the "Pyramid PS15KX 10A 13.8-Volt Power Supply with Cigarette Lighter Adapter" as a backup (Amazon has a better price).
I typically leave the power on 24/7 so I like the idea of a fairly heavy duty supply--this is way more current capacity than needed. The transformer inside provides an excellent heat source for gently dehydrating herb placed in a ceramic dish.

After about four months of steady use on the PSU, my walnut PD still seems like new. No smell of wood char.

Wow, I didn't realize you were using such a heavy duty/expensive power supply. I was looking for one which is similar to the standard Purple Days power supply, in size and cost.

Nebulous,

Puget

mollusk
The wire is so thin on the Jameco 12V that I broke it in less than two weeks (bong hits). It makes economic sense to buy those two at a time from Jameco. Doing that (and I did but haven't used them), the 10A Pyramid is only about twice as much after shipping.

The Pyramid PS9KX 5A would work fine but after reading the reviews I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving it on all the time.

I tried sliding heat shrink tubing over a new Jameco but it was just a bit too tight and I gave up.
I'm glad the Jameco rig broke because it prompted me to pull the Zurich out of storage and I'm now pulling very nice hits through a Magic Glass Buster Monumental.

Puget,
Top Bottom