Why people say they hate vaping, but keep rollin joints/blunts?

GoldenBud

They're addicted to nicotine? They don't like the organic-sticky vaping?
how bad is tapering off nicotine? never been to it.. harder than canna breaks?
My gf hates vaping, but i'm pretty sure she also addicted to nicotine (5-6 Js per day, 80% tabaccoed)

I'd say most people who does that, are addicted in some how to nicotine. i heard it's pretty hard to get off it

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
If a joint has tobacco in it then it becomes a spliff by the way, a joint or blunt does not necessarily have nicotine, it can be pure weed (and should be, although really it should be put into a vape!) That being said there are plenty of people who prefer to smoke joints, plain weed, then use any type of vape... Yes I think they're all wasting it, but people like the feel regardless!

west-elec

Smoking 5 or 6 cigarettes (spiked but still tobacco cigarettes at 80%), will easily form addiction. I'm no doctor but if doing it to get high it is far better to roll smaller pure joints and ditch the tobacco. I don't know much but I do know smoking pot doesn't have the mortality figures that tobacco has, so why add the known carcinogen to your sessions.
Very common in Europe and people used to add 'spinny' (roll your own tobacco) in Australia but hopefully mostly in the past.
Your GF will have to understand she will likely get some withdrawing symptoms if she goes to pure grass. I would budget to increase your usage so she can smoke a j anytime she gets a craving.
Once she has had a few months off the brown death, then see if she prefers a vape. Get one closest to her routine like a vapcap.
Always tackle one addiction at a time...

GoldenBud

Smoking 5 or 6 cigarettes (spiked but still tobacco cigarettes at 80%), will easily form addiction. I'm no doctor but if doing it to get high it is far better to roll smaller pure joints and ditch the tobacco. I don't know much but I do know smoking pot doesn't have the mortality figures that tobacco has, so why add the known carcinogen to your sessions.
Very common in Europe and people used to add 'spinny' (roll your own tobacco) in Australia but hopefully mostly in the past.
Your GF will have to understand she will likely get some withdrawing symptoms if she goes to pure grass. I would budget to increase your usage so she can smoke a j anytime she gets a craving.
Once she has had a few months off the brown death, then see if she prefers a vape. Get one closest to her routine like a vapcap.
Always tackle one addiction at a time...
yeah, she's addicted to nicotine. 100%. she admits it, but in covid19 times when you are isolated mostly it's really though to say goodbye to the nicotine. she won't take a vape for that reason, nicotine is her main ingredient lol. will see after these tough times.

but when we first met, she never admit that she's addicted. she just said "i don't like vaping" after using few sessions in fury 2 for example. i wonder how often people lie to themself about their addiction to nicotine vs "i like the smoking cannabis high"

Farid

It makes complete sense to me. Smoking is primal. Weed, fire, smoke. It's simple, social, and for most people it's how weed is meant to be consumed.

I've been using vaporizers since 2010, and for years after that I still smoked 1 hitters regularly. It wasn't until the Dynavap came out in 2015 that I was able to stop, since the vapcap was such a perfect analog to a one hitter.

The one form of smoking I've had trouble giving up is the rare spliff. For me it's the tobacco weed combo, and the experience of rolling that I have a hard time dropping. I find blunts disgusting, and I'm too much of a lightweight to smoke a full joint. I also don't care for the flavor of smoked pure weed since switching to vaping. But a little Peter Stokkebye tobacco rolled up with a little bud is great on occasion. The weed makes the tobacco manageable, and the tobacco makes the weed burn well and taste better (I know it's heresy). I know it's unhealthy, so I only smoke a handful a year, but when I do, I enjoy it. I'm not a drinker, and I've always been good at self restraint with my smoking.

This feels like I'm confessing to something dirty, but I don't care. I find so long as I keep it a rare indulgence and not my primary means of consuming cannabis that I feel no compulsion to use tobacco.

But if every time you smoke weed you also use tobacco, as your girlfriend does, you will certainly develop an addiction. If not a physical one, a psychological one, since you will always associate weed and tobacco together.

justcametomind

Given the opportunity, people like to go on with whatever habit they are onto. Let alone if there's anything addictive involved in it, like nicotine or combustion byproducts.
Why someone who always smoked, has to take vaping into account?
It costs way more than lighters and papers, there's learning involved, there are thousands of different vapes to chose from and not everyone likes to dive into internet forums to know about vaping, or even know where to look for help in the first place.
Add up to that those who tried vaping and were disappointed with poor entry level, plastic smelling or semi combusting vapes, such as early Atmos and the likes. Or those who acquired decent vaporizers, learned how to use them, but combusted alongside, so never made the switch. Because "there's nothing like a joint". People like to go on with their routine unless there's a reason strong enough to change.

Last edited:

MegaMan2k

i tappered off the tobacco / weed spliffs in 2016 with the help of this wonderful forum and never looked back, maybe you could get ur gf on here and see if she can find some inspiration on here aswell.

she is probably addicted to nicotine if she smokes it everyday-
I found the most effective way to combat spliff/nicotine cravings was to take a few days break from thc to lower tolerance, and then resume thc intake with the vaporizor instead of spliffs, this way it hits very hard the first few days when you really need it ^^

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
You know, you can also get her a nicotine vaporizer.
That's how I quit smoking cigarettes many years ago.

Maybe both vapes in combination would help her get rid of the tobacco.

nopapers_justvapors

I'm no doctor but if doing it to get high it is far better to roll smaller pure joints and ditch the tobacco.
Exactly they way I did it before I started vaping. Before that, used to smoke that 'good old European style' with friends, smoked cigarettes too. Then, when I decided to quit and started smoking pure joints, those same friends laughed at me and were disgusted, wondering how could I smoke that 'crap'? For a long time I thought barely anybody smoked that way. When I was older, I found out many others in fact do, including entire countries 😂

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I smoked spliffs for very nearly 30 years. During that time I would only ever smoke a cigarette if a spliff was not possible. I was a daily smoker but in the early days kidded myself that I want addicted. I could easily give up if I went on holiday for a couple of weeks.

I always enjoyed weed toys, but never built up a collection really, I even had an EQ for a number of years before I considered giving up smoking. Spliffs was my way of consuming, I loved the ritual, I was good at it having practiced for so many years lol!

Fast forward to early in 2019 I would wake up every morning with a horrible hacking cough. A few coughing fits and a cup of coffee was my wake up routine. I had build my usage up considerably and it was unsustainable. I bought a VC and an ecig and started to cut down on Spliffs. During the first year I had some mixed success with some weeks not touching my vapes, and others where Spliffs featured quite minimally. The horrible cough dissipated mostly though. As mentioned earlier, I couldn't appreciate the flavours of my weed in a vape other than that first wispy puff. Every other puff was non descript to my taste buds. It all tasted the same. I would always look forward to the first smoke from a new strain and roll a spliff to fully appreciate the flavours. I kept reading here of how enjoyable those later puffs of vapour were, why wasn't I experiencing the same? I wanted to experience this terp tongue I'd heard about!

My partner gave up her tobacco addiction on new year's Day 2020, she totally put me to shame never looking back. This was the point where I started to focus on vaping. It was hard at first, I didn't get the same experience, but it was worth pursuing. I also went to pipes and small joints when I needed to smoke and would only smoke Spliffs in company. then In march, right before lockdown started lol, I quit smoking altogether. During the whole weening off tobacco I had noticed I was able to appreciate much more of the flavour from vaping that previously. When I stopped smoking completely I learned there was a hell of a lot I was missing out on. Almost like I could suddenly pick out the different instruments in an orchestra rather that just hearing the tune.

I'll never go back to smoking, I can definitely get higher this way and I don't cough my lungs up every morning.

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
I'll share my experience here too. I've stopped vaping for about a year and am about to get a desktop to get back into it.

I started smoking tobacco before weed, so vaping didn't come naturally (although I would've preferred it). Smoking is very social and I personally love the ritual of rolling. I always smoked spliffs too, here in Greece pure joints are very rare. I prefer a light tobacco to act as a base for the taste of weed. I love the combination. In fact the last few months I've pretty much exclusively smoked spliffs and not cigarettes. Without the weed they taste so harsh and agitate me.

I'm really looking forward to stopping smoking entirely.

Ramahs

Without the weed they taste so harsh and agitate me.

Weird. Back when I smoked, I found mixing tobacco and cannabis to be so much more harsh than either herb by itself.

That's why I never understood why anyone would want to mix them...and this was back when I used to smoke cigarettes in addition to cannabis.

Greenleaf88

Back in the days when I used to smoke joints and I used to smoke cigarettes also. I hated Tabaco in my joint it changed the flavor of my herb way to much.
Only time I would add a bit of Tabaco was if the material was too wet and didn't burn properly.

Greenleaf88,
Reactions: Ramahs

MegaMan2k

We used to roast the cigarettes with a lighter here before mxing, like toasting above the flame and blowing in the cig, lots of vapor comes out, alegedly the nicotine is removed this way, if done right the tobacco will turn a dark golden color and crisp to the touch

MegaMan2k,

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
I know this mostly comes down to preference but let me put forth one more argument for my case.
I'm a very frugal guy when it comes to weed. I smoke a lot, just never throw anything away no matter how small (except the stems).
So tobacco acts as a base for the weed to sit on. I don't care about wasting tobacco, just the weed.
What I do is first of all create a buffer zone of tobacco between the tip and the rest of the spliff. That way I don't have to smoke all the way to the tip, when the smoke is harshest anyway. So nothing goes to waste.
In addition, I can change the ration of tobacco to weed to control how high I get. I like smoking for a long time so I tend to make my spliffs long and slim. I don't think I could smoke a joint unless it was extremely slim or a one-two hitter.

vaporoufixtras,

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
We used to roast the cigarettes with a lighter here before mxing, like toasting above the flame and blowing in the cig, lots of vapor comes out, alegedly the nicotine is removed this way, if done right the tobacco will turn a dark golden color and crisp to the touch
I prefer to mix weed with light rolling tobacco as I find machine rolled cigarettes too harsh.
But then I also only smoke rolled cigarettes.

vaporoufixtras,

Ramahs

I know this mostly comes down to preference but let me put forth one more argument for my case.
I'm a very frugal guy when it comes to weed. I smoke a lot, just never throw anything away no matter how small (except the stems).
So tobacco acts as a base for the weed to sit on. I don't care about wasting tobacco, just the weed.
What I do is first of all create a buffer zone of tobacco between the tip and the rest of the spliff. That way I don't have to smoke all the way to the tip, when the smoke is harshest anyway. So nothing goes to waste.
In addition, I can change the ration of tobacco to weed to control how high I get. I like smoking for a long time so I tend to make my spliffs long and slim. I don't think I could smoke a joint unless it was extremely slim or a one-two hitter.

See, I can't seem to understand that. It still takes the same amount of weed to get me high. So, whether I was smoking a quarter of a joint that is all cannabis, or an entire joint with tobacco that is only a quarter cannabis, I'm still smoking the same amount of weed. So, why would I want to contaminate the flavor of the weed with tobacco?!?

And I felt exactly the same way pack when I smoked cigarettes. I didn't like to mix the two because both tasted worse when mixed, and it was soooo much more harsh on the throat to mix them.

To be honest, I'd never even heard of anyone else trying to mix cannabis with tobacco until I heard about it here on FC in the last couple of years...and I've been a cannabis user for almost 20 years. Though, back when I was younger and working as a ground hand for a foundation pier drilling company, I used to sometimes mix a bit of cannabis with the tobacco from a black and mild cigar (a HEAVILY cased tobacco), then refill the cigar with that mix and smoke that while I worked. Even though it tasted bad, it hid the cannabis smell enough that I could work under the drill rig and walk around the job site smoking it and no one would notice. But I'd never heard of anyone else doing it at the time.

west-elec

Some use Damiana or passion flower or other beneficial herb as that 'base' filler to avoid the nicotine and perhaps get some benefit from the other herbs, rather than a known carcinogen. It would be cheaper even than tobacco and all the tobacco products you buy are tainted by evil additives especially pipe and roll your own. If you are going to add tobacco consider growing your own chop. Another money saver.

west-elec,
Reactions: Vaporware

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Where I live we just hardly do joints w/o tobacco, it's not really a thing here (I never even learned how to roll pure joints), so when you do weed daily, you are definitely addicted to tobacco too. Tobacco addictions are very hard to get rid of.

When switching it's important to understand that both habits have to be taken care of in one way or another, but you can't solve them at once. For me both vaporizers and e cigs were the key to stop smoking.

Top Bottom