Why No Ultrasonic Vapes?

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
As we head into woodheat season here in the far north, I've grown tired of winter dry heat bloody noses and finally bought myself a humidifier. In the process I learned that there are three basic types of humidifier: Wicked evaporation, steam via heat, and mist via ultrasonic vibrator, with the later two being most common. Our cannabis vapes all operate on the principle of heating material to the point that the good canna molecules become volatile. Shouldn't it be possible to volatilize the cannabinoids using targeted ultrasonic vibrations? Wouldn't that make for healthier vapes? Why don't we hear more about technological alternatives to heat for canna vapes?

Polarbearboy,
Reactions: shredder

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
What you are describing is the difference between a vaporizer and a diffuser/nebulizer.

Cannabis diffusers and nebulizers have been out for a while. The main issue with them is you need pharmaceutical grade preparations - pure enough to work on the principals of ultrasonic diffusion or nebulization. Because an ultrasonic diffuser is designed to aerosolize pure oils, you can’t just grind a nug and dump it in a diffuser like you can with a dry herb vaporizer.

Tranquility

My super effective search string was "ultrasonic vape" (Without the quotes.).

shredder

Shouldn't it be possible to volatilize the cannabinoids using targeted ultrasonic vibrations? Wouldn't that make for healthier vapes? Why don't we hear more about technological alternatives to heat for canna vapes?

I would guess the price and vape size would be factors, plus eating it is the healthiest, so we do have safe alternatives already.

C No Ego

As we head into woodheat season here in the far north, I've grown tired of winter dry heat bloody noses and finally bought myself a humidifier. In the process I learned that there are three basic types of humidifier: Wicked evaporation, steam via heat, and mist via ultrasonic vibrator, with the later two being most common. Our cannabis vapes all operate on the principle of heating material to the point that the good canna molecules become volatile. Shouldn't it be possible to volatilize the cannabinoids using targeted ultrasonic vibrations? Wouldn't that make for healthier vapes? Why don't we hear more about technological alternatives to heat for canna vapes?
cured out cannabis should be @ max 5 to 10% moisture content @ the center ... there " should " be no steam to make if cured out right ? volatilizing the cannabinoids is how vapor works ... a solid to Gas ( aerosol)

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968

My super effective search string was "ultrasonic vape" (Without the quotes.).
Jeez, learn something new and interesting. Thanks. Just wish it would do cannabis extracts rather than tobacco. That day will come.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
That device will turn (e) liquid into vapor, so unless the substances we wish to inhale are already in some kind of fluid solution, it won't really work.

Ultrasonic e cigs have been out for a while now, I don't think they have become very popular since then though.

Top Bottom