Who's your LG? Guide to medical producers and strains in Canada

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Who's your licensed grower? Does their stuff rock your socks off? What's your favourite strain and what do you use it to treat? I'm hoping thread can help people navigate their way through the Canadian medical marketplace and find strains to help treat their conditions.

I have 3 LG's and I like them all, my third I got a couple of months ago. I'll start with my oldest LG Aurora and its 2 extended brands MedReleaf and CanniMed. Prices are fairly reasonable and quality is high mids to low end high scale and between the three brands they got like 20-25 strains plus oils, carts and just recently live resin. Aurora has the best prices vs the other two and selection isn't bad. I vape for depression and anxiety but mostly for insomnia so here are my favourite strains #1 and probably my all time favourite strain is Aurora LA Confidential, it is deeply deeply calming, soothing and relaxing without a ton of couch lock and not the most psychoactive but that's not to say it isn't strong, its high makes me think about chamomile tea grown with nuclear fertilizer. Suitable for evening sessions but also ok in moderation for daytime a wonderful all around indica. #2 Aurora 91 Krypt OG melon a very nice sativa that makes a wonderful mood elevator, excellent for daytime and has a slightly relaxing edge but I wouldn't call it couch lock. Those are my two most recommended but other notable strains include Aurora MK Ultra and Blue dream, MedReleaf Sedamen as well as their selection of cbd and 1:1 which I'm in the process of trying and enjoying, as for anything CanniMed I haven't tried...... everything is hybrid my least favourite kind of weed so I haven't been inclined to try their stuff. I will say with Aurora vs MedReleaf, Aurora typically has better size nugs because a lot of the MedReleaf is popcorn nugs but they aren't lacking in potency and I'm a micro doser anyway and one nug can be a session or two for me so I kinda forgive it despite their prices being higher then Aurora. Everything comes pretty dry, sometimes bone dry, in the past they included a boveda pack for every jar but I haven't received any with my last few orders so I'm not sure if they discontinued that? Everything can be gotten at a discount from all three brands if you are low income or on disability 20% off I think for the compassionate care program. Free shipping starts $99

My second LG is Broken Coast, super high quality, wonderful flavour, super smooth, expertly cured, hand trimmed, somewhere in the top 10 best weed experiences of my life. Higher end prices and free shipping doesn't start till $150, this is what stops me from getting it more frequently and I only get it a couple times a year but when I do I throughly enjoy it. Hard to single out anything its all been fantastic but if I have to choose one I guess it's the Frost Monster, I always get it. Really you can't go wrong with any of their bud its all wonderful but it is a limited selection of 5-10 strains. With prices and availability it's a little harder to recommend this LG as your one and only unless costs aren't a factor for you and you can afford to order when what you want is in stock.

My third is Canna Farms and all their extension brands there's quite a few but I don't feel like listing them all, just got them but so far it's been pretty good. Bud isn't trimmed quite as nice as Aurora and is a little leafy but good size nugs and unlike Aurora this stuff comes nicely hydrated, I just wish it came in jars and not bags. Free shipping starts at $50 and they have a low income discount of 25% on Canna Farms and Beacon products, not redeemable with sale items which they have bi weekly. Everything I got off them was quite good and I'm still vaping my supply, even though it's a little leafy I'd say it is just about as good as Aurora. Don't let their public online page of strains fool you the selection isn't that good and they have around 20 strains, oils and some concentrate. Difficult to make any strain suggestions since they only grow a limited supply of certain strains and one off batches of others. Still a pretty solid offering, very good for those on a budget.

C No Ego

well that certainly puts a kink in the access to the Dude LOl ... known growers who are growing for you into the future = Hell fucking Yeah ... Can we have that everywhere please ! pretty please with loads of cherries on top !!!

C No Ego,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
well that certainly puts a kink in the access to the Dude LOl ... known growers who are growing for you into the future = Hell fucking Yeah ... Can we have that everywhere please ! pretty please with loads of cherries on top !!!
My cousin still buys black market bud off his dude........ stuff is never fully cured, tastes of green and fert :puke: potency is okay I guess? Hard to say because it’s usually some sort of balanced hybrid, his dude isn’t super into weed because he never remembers the names the growers tell him a he just calls his supply 1,2,3 smh

my cousin also buys off me, I’m on disability and take advantage of the discounts so I get my bud for pretty cheap so I grab for him at cost. My prescription is for 3G’s a day at each grower! And I’m a .08 a day micro doser of thc and more recently maybe .5 cbd so I can grab for him anytime but his dude is also one of his best friends and he feels kinda obligated to buy off him at least some of the time.

There is no going back for me I’ve been pretty impressed with my legal offerings most of the growers I’ve tried have been good, better than acceptable for sure. I love the variety I have available to me and even ordering from a grower across the country I can still get it as quick as 2-3 days. I definitely don’t miss the old days.

E9EB4293-7442-4E30-903E-1CFAC05414E5.jpeg

Top Bottom