Who has tried the Frenchy Canolli "Guizoz" recipe?

daoist

I saw this recipe for making hash edibles called "guizoz". I have made hash milk before. but not with the alcohol mix in it.
So did anyone try this recipe below? because supposively it is super potent. I am sure some of you have an idea.
I know when i ate hash dissolved in chocolate milk i was totally fucked up from 0,25gr. So i would be careful with your edible dosing.
He seems to put a lot in there. You definately want to calculate the milligrams of THC before your launch yourself into space.

Last edited:

shredder

I wonder if the cooking decarbs the hash. He said something about decarbing, but I didn't catch it all. That much hash even not decarbed is quite a load.

I know coffee (caffeine) adds a little extra kick as well. I put infused mct oil in my coffee most mornings.

shredder,

daoist

Hashish is basicly decarbed kief. So no need to decarb. If i make edibles i just melt it in oil or milk for a few minutes (au bain marie)until the hash melts and i drink it.

daoist,
Reactions: shredder

shredder

Hashish is basicly decarbed kief

How so? My decarbed kief kief is decarbed kief, lol. If I squeeze it, it's undecarbed rosin until I decarb it. Now undecarbed rosin will get me high, but not as much as decarbed rosin.

I don't think ive ever ate bubble hash that wasn't first decarbed. And that ball of hash Frenchy was working with didn't look decarbed, unless maybe it was old and naturally decarbed.

About ten years ago back when bad kitty was on the weed forums I tried her hash recipe for capsules. It was something like 15 capsules filled with 5 grams of bubble hash. Decarbed bubble hash with coconut oil and lecithin. It was about as high as ive ever been, lol, uncomfortably high. I only ate one.

In the video it looked like Frenchy had more than 5 grams in one cup of coffee, it was mentioned that was a two day dose, but still.

Last edited:

daoist

You should watch the hasish workshop videos from Frenchy Canolli. He explains every detail to make hash.
from collecting kief to decarbing and pressing and curing (yes, curing hash indeed).

If kief/rosin is not decarbed it is protected by the co2 molecule. Thats why it does not smell or release it's medicinal values.
you need to decarb first, otherwise your body will not absorb anything of the goodies. Even if you vape/smoke you still need to decarb it for around 70% (according to frenchy).

I think it is a bit more complex than just the theory though. It all starts with the ingredients. garbage in garbage out.
like michelin star chef sandwhichis probably a bit higher level as your home made sandwhich, if you know what i mean.

Last edited:
daoist,

shredder

You should watch the hasish workshop videos from Frenchy Canolli. He explains every detail to make hash.
from collecting kief to decarbing and pressing and curing (yes, curing hash indeed).

As i explained you need heat for decarb, such as a old bottle filled with boiling water. Or just put a glass cup of tea on top of a little bit of some kief you will see it happening. your own hash in the making. of course the more kief you have the longer it will take.

Been there, done that. I have a bubble hash wash machine and a bag set, and before rosin and hash rosin that's what I used. I mostly use a tumbler now and make sift hash that I press into hash rosin. Not quite the quality of full melt bubble, but way easier to work with.

I don't believe rolling a hot water bottle over it is a good decarb. Have you seen any testing data on this? Like I said I can get high eating plain rosin, but a proper decarb takes it to another higher level. I suspect it's the same with bubble hash.

Every once in a while I make rosin capsules without first decarbing. I like the effects. Depending on the variety it's good for pain, uplifting and energetic, but you don't get as high, but more clear headed, as the same decarbed.

daoist

Frenchy Canolli, who unfortunately past away this summer, was a hasish cannasoir who has visited many hash producing countries and has first hands experience in making hasish the traditional way. So i would not doubt his knowledge or skills. I have never seen such shiny and dark hash temple balls in my entire life.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
@daoist

Don't think this is doubting frenchy (although I don't have an issue doubting anyone. That's how we increase our knowledge).

It's questioning the process decarb. I'm with @shredder and am confused.

I also have made hash the Frenchy way. Never eaten it but I would decarb it first if I did, just as I decarb my rosin for edibles.
I don't think rolling with hot water would decarb it.

Certainly makes the balls of hash glisten but I don't think the looks of the hash indicates it has been decarbed.

Not quite Frenchy quality but after a few months curing it was very moreish....

IMG_20210109_151547070.jpg

daoist

That is a nice ball,a bit light in color though, but decent enough to enjoy i am sure.

But that ball is already decarbed. I think the decarbing makes the weed brown. the cbn is oxidant.
you onlydecarb half or so. the other half decarbs while vaping. that the Frenchy way.

daoist,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
That is a nice ball,a bit light in color though, but decent enough to enjoy i am sure.

But that ball is already decarbed. I think the decarbing makes the weed brown. the cbn is oxidant.
you onlydecarb half or so. the other half decarbs while vaping. that the Frenchy way.
How is it decarbed exactly? Even if only half decarbed!?

I'm not looking for an argument here but you are not clarifying your point.

It was more than decent enough to enjoy!
I'm really not after your approval, just some clarity.

Chicken No Name,

daoist

It is decarbed by a hot water bottle. I already tell you the whole time.

daoist,

shredder

@daoist

Don't think this is doubting frenchy (although I don't have an issue doubting anyone. That's how we increase our knowledge).

It's questioning the process decarb. I'm with @shredder and am confused.

I also have made hash the Frenchy way. Never eaten it but I would decarb it first if I did, just as I decarb my rosin for edibles.
I don't think rolling with hot water would decarb it.

Certainly makes the balls of hash glisten but I don't think the looks of the hash indicates it has been decarbed.

Not quite Frenchy quality but after a few months curing it was very moreish....

View attachment 15095

Nice ball of hash! I bet you enjoyed it very very much, lol.

A few years ago I made a ball for a patient/
friend who always talked about temple balls he seen and used in Vietnam back in the late 60's. He also said they had opium in them, IDK.

Now he tells everyone about that hash ball I gave him, and that was like 5 yrs ago, lol. He's still kicking it with hash rosin daily at 75yrs of age.

daoist

Do you have anything to actually back up that opinion with? Decarbing is an objective, chemical process. It can be tested (and indeed, must be tested if we’re to truly know). If you have data to support your feelings, please share.
I have put a link to the video where it is explained by the Master himself but you did not bother to watch it.

daoist,

daoist

Not nice. Warning point issued.
i don't really agree with this. I tell people a few times where to find hot water bottle decarb method info and how it works. But continues to ask stupid questions about it, because he does not believe it and does not read the information or watch a video with all the info abpout the decarb.

Well Sir how else can i not help you today. I think i was very polite to be honest.

Have a nice day.

daoist,

justcametomind

A hot bottle would probably (and partially) decarboxylate only the surface of the block of hash.
Frenchy Cannoli may have had a lot of practical skills and made it available but he was not at all to be taken as a theorist or a pharmacist, imho.
That's not decarboxylation.

Last edited:

justcametomind

you can even decarb at room temperature. it just goes a lot slower.
Right, if weed or the resin collected from it, is left sitting at room tempreature for months/years it decarboxylates by itself, with no use of hot bottles. Or heat sources. That said we made our points clear enough and thanks for the vids.
Peace Sign GIF

Hugs Love GIF by joeyahlbum

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
going to give this a shot tonight, no decarb and only a few tweaks to the recipe. I used some of the last of my Bacardi 151 to soak the bubble hash and microwaved it a little a few times just to warm slightly so the hash dissolves more readily, I only started this morning so it won't be a overnight deal, its already mostly dissolved. I'm going to boil some homogenized milk with nutmeg then turn it off and add the hash/alcohol and mix to heat the hash through, then add a fresh 1/4 shot of the 151 and 2 shots of espresso and maybe a little sugar and enjoy. I'll report back

pretty-chill

Just wanted to jump in real quick about the decarbing by rolling with a hot water bottle. This is simply not hot enough, and indeed the master himself produced this data confirming that:

Check out the THCA and THC values, they pretty much do not change from the loose unpressed resin and the pressed resin. Even after 6 months of aging, the level of decarboxylation is still extremely minor. So for oral use, I would say some partial decarbing is a must, but I think keeping some of the THCA may add some interesting effects to the mix!

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
well I tried it and......... it works!! did a couple more tweaks, as the milk and nutmeg warmed up I took a Lindt, lindor chocolate truffle and grated it into the milk with a micro plane rasp and also added some sunflower lecithin.

onset was as described in the video and I was feeling it by 20 minutes, very much reminded me of green dragon that way. the rush was quite unique between the alcohol , hash and espresso. I was pretty high for a couple hours but then it kinda felt like it fell off a cliff ???? I didn't feel super high but I was feeling particularly well........ was wondering what happened???? at first I thought maybe it was short feeling because a had a few large dabs of the same hash that morning and maybe my tolerance had already jumped up from that??? or maybe the microwaving and sitting in the hot milk was not not enough of a decarb???? was this all it had to offer???........ decided to play my ace in the hole and took a very hot shower, they always make me feel higher if I'm already high so I thought I'd try that rather than vaping. got out of the shower and felt baked again ! for me if the edible dose is to much I get so high I don't feel that high, to hight to know I'm high if you know what I mean lol. I used at least 1/8-1/4 gram of the bubble hash and I'm a .05 load flower micro doser :rofl:all in all a fun experiment

Top Bottom