Whip Tubing Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

easystreet25

Is medical grade PVC tubing safe to use? I currently have a Vapir One(Volcano is already being saved for), and Im worried the tubing that goes with the product is emitting toxins when heated. My biggest concern is that the tubing sort of warps and almost melts under the highest operating temps. I'm not very science savvy but Ive read that PVC can emit dioxins which are very toxic to humans.

easystreet25,

easystreet25

I read the forum. It doesnt really say much about PVC being toxic or any dangers. Does anyone have anything they could add to ease my concerns? Im worried because the plastic tube has started to warp at the end

easystreet25,

easystreet25

Why would a company like vapir send you pvc then? Can't this stuff emit toxic fumes like dioxins when heated?

easystreet25,

OF

Why would a company like vapir send you pvc then? Can't this stuff emit toxic fumes like dioxins when heated?

Tubing and applications are not the same in all cases. Some tubes do emit stuff you don't want to breathe. Vapor can be over 400F, way past most tubing ratings.

So, IMO safe calls for tubing that won't be a problem worst case? Lucky for us, it's also mechanically better in most cases as well.

OF

OF,

max

Out to lunch
Is medical grade PVC tubing safe to use?
Yes. Even food grade is fine.

Im worried the tubing that goes with the product is emitting toxins when heated.
I would stop worrying. The temps that vape tubing are exposed to during use are much lower than you think. Once vapor is produced the temp drops rapidly from there.

Get some high temp and affordable silicone tubing if you're uneasy with OEM tubing. The Silcon brand is affordable- http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/search.aspx?search=silcon tubing&page=1

easystreet25

Basically, the tube isn't getting hot enough to emit toxins? Assuming you aren't putting the tubing directly on the heating element

easystreet25,
Reactions: ataxian

Hexi

What's the right size to buy for a vape to bubbler attachment as shown above?

Hexi,

max

Out to lunch
Max, thank you. Can't wait till I got enough saved for a cano
My :2c:- save your extra $ for a portable or whatever, and get a herbalAire or Extreme if you want bag fill. They do just as good of a job for a lot less money. Those new to vaporizing frequently gravitate to the Volcano, as the 'best', but the industry has advanced a lot since it was introduced, and you really don't have to pay that much for a quality vape. The herbalAire and Extreme have been around now for years and are solid, proven designs that also allow you to use direct draw.

Hexi said:
What's the right size to buy for a vape to bubbler attachment as shown above?
Standard vape size is 1/4" ID, 3/8" OD. 3/8" ID, 1/2" OD also works with some models.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom