Which vaporizer should I buy?

Flomin

A friendly hello to all,
I have been lurking around here for a while now and decided, that it would be a lot faster to ask for a direct public opinion rather than gathering bits of information myself. To summarize, I am looking to buy a vaporizer that will be my only device, I am willing to spend around 400 euros on it and I want it to be portable. The thing I care about most is efficiency, I want to smoke as long as possible with as little weed as possible. The other things that are important to me are battery life, safety both during use and while idle, sturdiness and build quality, nice even full extraction and that it hits well. Features that are nice, but that I can live without are on demand, fast heat up times, a smallish form factor, great flavor, good accessories and simplicity. I am mostly at home and sit in front of a screen all day, or walk around in my yard, so I am looking for something that I can carry around the house, take on longer trips or to a friends house, and share with people that visit. It should ideally be able to produce as many hits as possible with as little weed as possible, or to produce a huge amount amount of hits with a full bowl. I realize there is probably nothing exactly like what I imagine, and I don't have much experience with vaping, except owning a DynaVap, which I didn't like at all and trying 2 vapes, which were both similar in design to the XMax Starry, therefore I have done some research and prepared some candidates based on what I have seen and read, so you could share your opinions on which would fit my needs best.

Tinymight 2- heard mostly positive things, but am not sure if its the right device for me, because I have seen people destroying bowls in 3 hits

Mighty+ - as I understand this is a safe bet, but doesn't quite perform as some of the others in this price range

MiniVAP- I am not someone who chases flavor, but I have read that this device can be very efficient with weed and still produce clouds

Tetra P80 by Lamart- I actually waited for this one, because it seemed like a jack of all trades, and because getting things from Switzerland is quite easy for me, but then they suddenly just sold another product and moved the deadline for this device to April, also I had trouble finding videos of people using this device

Arizer Solo II/ Air Max - I get the feeling that these two are not heavy hitters like the rest, but are also cheaper, they have been described as sipping vapes and that seems like a concept that is very close to what I am looking for, also they seem to be very efficient with weed

These are my current picks, of course I am open to suggestions, but I do want to note that I want an electric device. I smoke exclusively right now and I want to stop, I originally only smoked weed, but in Europe its common to add tobacco to lower the amount of weed wasted, which turned me into an occasional smoker over time. Ideally I want the vape to mimic the pace of smoking a real joint, with a few small breaks in between. The DynaVap was okay as a one hitter, but would combust too easily if pushed even a little too far and wasn't that efficient with weed at all. I got the impression that its just all gone within 2-3 hits and that all I do is refill bowls all day and I didn't care for constantly buying lighters or wasting another 50 euros on some device they have for instantly heating the cap. I hope you can all share your experiences and wisdom with me and help me make an informed decision on which device to buy. I would also like to hear the comparisons of those, who own 2 or more of the devices I listed. I have already skimmed through the threads regarding these devices, but it was far from enough to make up my mind.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Welcome to the forum @Flomin, I smoked tobacco/cannabis joints for 25 odd years and at first owned an Arizer Air...great tasting sipper but leaves you wanting if after pain relief. Then a Plenty was used as vaping 5grams+ at once is hard to beat when you want pain relief.
My main squeeze is now the Roffu, I liked it so much the company offered me a job! We had a few teething problems but it is pretty well sorted now.
Sipping on a j-hook at low to mid temps during the day and bumping up the temps at night on the bong covers most of my needs.
I still never use the max temp setting with the Roffu but it is nice to know it has the power to spare.
The unit is also quite stealthy when used with the OG cooling unit that uses a zirconia spiral in the assy to cool the vapor to the point you have to be careful not to overdo a puff.

Edit, you don't have to spend a fortune to get a great vape experience in today's market, the Roffu is about US$126 for the full kit(you still need to buy a WPA separately for 10 bucks) ATM and has been on sale even lower.:2c:

mod note: edited to remove rule-breaking content.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDankness

Extremely Moist
Hey @Flomin. Welcome!

Like you, I was a joint smoker for years, puffed the occasional bowl. I quit burning over three years ago and haven't looked back.

The Arizer Solo II was and still is my go to for portable use. I also have an Arizer Go for portability when I need it. The Solo is a way better device, but it's less discrete, if that's important to you. I get good clouds and great flavor from the Solo. It is a sipper or "session vape", but if you heat soak for a couple of minutes before going in and take long, slow draws, you can get a surprising amount of vapor out of it. Lately I've been using one of the 3D glass stems for extra cooling, though the straight stems work just fine. I have a small bubbler for it as well.

All that to say, the Arizers have a lot of accessory options for changing up the way you use it based on the mood or whatever you have going on.

Today, I'd probably consider the Arizer Air Max for its new ceramic heating chamber and USB charger. The Solo still uses a barrel-style plug, but the battery in it is a monster and will last for days of regular use on a single charge.

I'm intrigued by the Tiny Might 2, but have a hard time justifying the price given that I have a system that works and does the job. I've never been sold on the Mighty+ despite the hype.

Good luck on your quest. Let us know what you end up with.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Tinymight 2- heard mostly positive things, but am not sure if its the right device for me, because I have seen people destroying bowls in 3 hits

You can make the bowl last longer, set the temp dial lower, it has a full range, I start as low as possible and turn it up tiny bit by tiny bit for each hit to get many hits on a bowl, best used with plain glass stem for WPA through a hook or other aftermarket glass cooling stems... Best option for you where you are, readily available, the most pure and powerful and versatile (Tetra will have another drop soon and more coming with other wood options but I find the TM a bit more versatile for my needs personally anyway I only really use my Tetra for quick rips through water more one hitter bowls and I tend to savor my TM bowls moreso, although both can do both)

Flomin

You can make the bowl last longer, set the temp dial lower, it has a full range, I start as low as possible and turn it up tiny bit by tiny bit for each hit to get many hits on a bowl, best used with plain glass stem for WPA through a hook or other aftermarket glass cooling stems... Best option for you where you are, readily available, the most pure and powerful and versatile (Tetra will have another drop soon and more coming with other wood options but I find the TM a bit more versatile for my needs personally anyway I only really use my Tetra for quick rips through water more one hitter bowls and I tend to savor my TM bowls moreso, although both can do both)

Which one would you describe as being more efficient with weed? I am aware you said that both can perform similarly, but lets say which device forces you to finish your bowl quicker and which device allows you to take more time or potentially gives more hits? Do they both extract the weed fully and evenly in your opinion? What do you think of the other options mentioned and did you have any experience with them?

Shit Snacks

Which one would you describe as being more efficient with weed? I am aware you said that both can perform similarly, but lets say which device forces you to finish your bowl quicker and which device allows you to take more time or potentially gives more hits? Do they both extract the weed fully and evenly in your opinion? What do you think of the other options mentioned and did you have any experience with them?

They're both 100% capable of everything you describe, extremely high-end versatile, the difference is should be pretty apparent, the TM is more portable and analog simpler.. secure stem connections with the o-rings, Tetra is a bit quicker with ground glass connections which is why I like to use it with water pieces at home more probably? And also has a bit more heat soaking so I cruise and use it like a lighter on top of my bowl, TM I use more on demand as is designed holding down the button then taking my hit letting go of the button keep clearing to clear the hit... both can do everything, but as I said I use the TM more to milk the bowls, and the tetra more to crush them quick personally... They are both much higher end than the other options mentioned, more versatile with much better vapor quality imo (I do not really like purely session style devices like the mighty personally, when you see those settings in other devices like these it really is just holding down the button for you on demand style, however the xmax xlux units can be a bit more session oriented with their features and can work well on demand they are much more budget style reflective of the price, pure vapor quality cannot compare) however these type of artisan vapes could have more of a learning curve, as I said they are very versatile so there are so many different ways to use them, so you need to figure out the best way that works best for you to get the experience you are looking for, so in my opinion they are the most capable in general, the others can be more limiting although maybe simpler to use for more people right away (everybody is different)

Flomin

They're both 100% capable of everything you describe, extremely high-end versatile, the difference is should be pretty apparent, the TM is more portable and analog simpler.. secure stem connections with the o-rings, Tetra is a bit quicker with ground glass connections which is why I like to use it with water pieces at home more probably? And also has a bit more heat soaking so I cruise and use it like a lighter on top of my bowl, TM I use more on demand as is designed holding down the button then taking my hit letting go of the button keep clearing to clear the hit... both can do everything, but as I said I use the TM more to milk the bowls, and the tetra more to crush them quick personally... They are both much higher end than the other options mentioned, more versatile with much better vapor quality imo (I do not really like purely session style devices like the mighty personally, when you see those settings in other devices like these it really is just holding down the button for you on demand style, however the xmax xlux units can be a bit more session oriented with their features and can work well on demand they are much more budget style reflective of the price, pure vapor quality cannot compare) however these type of artisan vapes could have more of a learning curve, as I said they are very versatile so there are so many different ways to use them, so you need to figure out the best way that works best for you to get the experience you are looking for, so in my opinion they are the most capable in general, the others can be more limiting although maybe simpler to use for more people right away (everybody is different)

One more question regarding the Minivap this time, I see that you have listed it as a device you want and I remember seeing your comments in a thread about it as well. As it is from Spain, it is also an easy purchase, do you think that the Tetra and the Tinymight outperform it? Have you ever personally tried it perhaps? It seems to be praised quite a lot, when I manage to find information about it, although I am aware that it is not an on demand device, but maybe it could be good for sipping and vaping efficiently for longer periods of time?

Last edited:
Flomin,

Shit Snacks

One more question regarding the Minivap this time, I see that you have listed it as a device you want and I remember seeing your comments in a thread about it as well. As it is from Spain, it is also an easy purchase, do you think that the Tetra and the Tinymight outperform it? Have you ever personally tried it perhaps? It seems to be praised quite a lot, when I manage to find information about it, although I am aware that it is not an on demand device, but maybe it could be good for sipping and vaping efficiently for longer periods of time?

Yeah that's why I have been tempted by it, because it seems like it could be one of the nicest session vapes, I'm just not sure I like session style enough to spend that kind of money on it? And it is not purely perfect, there are so many different versions, with different pros and cons, even the people who've said really positive things about it here, have come to prefer other devices I believe which has cooled my desires to grab one for now though I would still like to try one someday! On demand just fits my style better and is much more versatile too

Zipford

I have the TM 1.5 and love it, and agree with @Shit Snacks that you can use it very efficiently. I would just add that given that battery life was one of your main criteria, the TM goes through batteries pretty fast. It has a replaceable battery, so it is very easy to just swap in a new battery, but in my experience you need to charge or change the battery roughly every 5 sessions (obviously this will vary depending on how long your sessions are, what temp you use, etc.) Spare batteries make this a non-issue, but you should be aware of this if long battery life is important to you.

Flomin

I have the TM 1.5 and love it, and agree with @Shit Snacks that you can use it very efficiently. I would just add that given that battery life was one of your main criteria, the TM goes through batteries pretty fast. It has a replaceable battery, so it is very easy to just swap in a new battery, but in my experience you need to charge or change the battery roughly every 5 sessions (obviously this will vary depending on how long your sessions are, what temp you use, etc.) Spare batteries make this a non-issue, but you should be aware of this if long battery life is important to you.

Is it possible to use it while connected to a charger or to a powerbank, so that I don't have to buy a lot of batteries? Like said I am mostly at home and would be using it throughout the day, but it isn't really a huge deal if it can't be used this way.

Shit Snacks

Is it possible to use it while connected to a charger or to a powerbank, so that I don't have to buy a lot of batteries? Like said I am mostly at home and would be using it throughout the day, but it isn't really a huge deal if it can't be used this way.

No, and you should not use any of them that way, because it's still runs on the battery power and it is just going to put extra strain on the battery.. it is better to have an external charger with spare batteries ready to go, I am always using at home pretty much for the past years and it is easy to have single batteries ready to go (Molicel) and you can expect four to six bowls for pretty much all of these single replaceable battery vapes vapes on one battery give or take depending how you use it exactly though... to find a true pass-through vape, like what the MV has, is not so common, and not so necessary, like you could just get a desktop at home really but yeah portables are fun and I use mine a lot especially during the day at home... You can charge with external power bank using USB of course though you cannot really use while charging with an on-demand vape you don't really need to anyway? All around manageable

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
Yeah I fought the whole extra batteries and separate charger thing for a while... Didn't want to deal with it. Once I gave in and picked up a couple extra Molicels and a Xtar VC2SL, I haven't looked back. I spent under $40 altogether.

If you ever decide to share your vape with a friend(s), the additional batteries really help keep things flowing along.

Good luck!

Zipford

As others have said, I don't think this is recommended. I just bought a Nitecore UM2 charger and two spare Molicel P26A batteries, which is plenty to ensure I always have a fully charged spare battery ready to go.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I'm afraid to say, you will probably never find a vaporiser experience that matches joint smoking. If you want to give up smoking that's great, but you should be mentally prepared to change your ritual too. When I gave up, I thought I wanted to emulate joint smoking too, it wasn't until I adjusted my expectations and tried a number of different devices that I found something that I really liked, and it's nothing like a joint experience. I spent 30 yrs more or less with a joint in my mouth or within reach.

The way you describe a slow session, makes me think that you'd prefer a slow cooking session conduction device like a solo or mighty. You could probably find a reasonably priced second hand solo if you wanted to try one. I ended up preferring a very quick extraction. Vaping is more work than joint smoking, it needs more attention through the session. I found that getting quick extraction, and intense, long lasting effects, meant that you don't need to be continually vaping and thinking about your consumption.

Vaporware

On the other hand, if you do try for something that will give you a long, slow session, remember that the majority of what you breathe in and out while smoking is just burned plant material with no positive effects I know of.

If you try to get big clouds of exhaled vapor to match what you see when you smoke you’re going to go through a lot more flower and a lot of it won’t end up in your lungs. Instead you’ll see it in the air when you exhale.

You’ll still get more into your lungs with a hit like that, and some people would rather taste it more and get a more immediate and dramatic effect by intentionally using more material at once, but if you want to get a lot of draws out of a small amount of flower you shouldn’t expect to also see a lot of vapor when you exhale or get very strong effects from an individual draw.

I hope that helps to put the differences between smoking and vaporizing more into perspective for you. :)

Flomin

It seems so far that the Tinymight and Arizer solo II/Max have the most support, even though they are very different vapes. I'm surprised that I got more details on the Tetra, but heard nothing from a MiniVap user. The Tinymight option with batteries seems to be a good combo, but I am also surprised to hear that the MiniVap can be used while charging and on the go, I do think that is a nice option to have, since its a session vape, I could just keep the charger nearby to put it back and the battery seems to be capable of running a few hours when I move around occasionally. The Arizer devices seem to meet my needs just fine as well and as I have read, they can be easily shared, but I am a bit afraid, because I am a smoker, so I feel like I do need something that can pack a little more of a punch sometimes, otherwise I might lose interest if the falloff is too drastic as mentioned by some previous users. I know that I can't expect the same feeling as with smoking weed, but for me its more about the tempo and that it can be shared in social situations. By tempo I mean that I want something that I can keep hitting for a while, rather than constantly tinkering with the device or refilling the bowls, which will use the weed very efficiently. I do not care about giant clouds or such, just that i can achieve a normal high and keep it going, but it is nice if the device is capable of delivering such power once in a while. That's why for now I am leaning towards the Tinymight, as it got recommended a lot and seems to be able to do what I ask for by temp stepping, while also providing a lot of other features. I'd like to thank all of you for helping me make my decision so far, but I'd also like to wait for someone with more experience with a MiniVap and maybe an Arizer Max to voice their opinions as well. As it will be my only device, I don't want to spend 400 euros on a product too hastily.

Shit Snacks

It seems so far that the Tinymight and Arizer solo II/Max have the most support, even though they are very different vapes. I'm surprised that I got more details on the Tetra, but heard nothing from a MiniVap user. The Tinymight option with batteries seems to be a good combo, but I am also surprised to hear that the MiniVap can be used while charging and on the go, I do think that is a nice option to have, since its a session vape, I could just keep the charger nearby to put it back and the battery seems to be capable of running a few hours when I move around occasionally. The Arizer devices seem to meet my needs just fine as well and as I have read, they can be easily shared, but I am a bit afraid, because I am a smoker, so I feel like I do need something that can pack a little more of a punch sometimes, otherwise I might lose interest if the falloff is too drastic as mentioned by some previous users. I know that I can't expect the same feeling as with smoking weed, but for me its more about the tempo and that it can be shared in social situations. By tempo I mean that I want something that I can keep hitting for a while, rather than constantly tinkering with the device or refilling the bowls, which will use the weed very efficiently. I do not care about giant clouds or such, just that i can achieve a normal high and keep it going, but it is nice if the device is capable of delivering such power once in a while. That's why for now I am leaning towards the Tinymight, as it got recommended a lot and seems to be able to do what I ask for by temp stepping, while also providing a lot of other features. I'd like to thank all of you for helping me make my decision so far, but I'd also like to wait for someone with more experience with a MiniVap and maybe an Arizer Max to voice their opinions as well. As it will be my only device, I don't want to spend 400 euros on a product too hastily.

If you want more opinions on the MV, I suggest skimming backwards through the Ask FC section, I think there are some posts specifically for comparisons between it and the TM, also others.. that is where I've seen more of the members I know talk about the MV and how I made my decisions about it, I think there is more there than in the actual MV thread, to maybe answer the questions you have practically?? Good luck

Vaporware

If I were buying one thing that covers fast extraction and slower sessions and I needed to get it soon (my favorites take a while to get and aren’t the easiest to share with inexperienced users, but they’re most similar to the TM), I would probably go with the TM or Firewood.

The Firewood 8 has little ceramic capsules you may not want to deal with though, and the cleaning process is a little more involved, but it has a hybrid heater you might appreciate. You might prefer the 7, but I’d be wary of buying a used one of that model unless it was a backup or you know you can trust the seller.

I don’t think there are as many Minivap users here, which is one reason you haven’t seen a response from them, but it would probably cover your session needs well if you just want to rely on your Dynavap stuff (if you still have it) for times you want faster extraction…not sure if the MV can get through a load in 1-3 draws or not, but reading what’s already here about it like @Shit Snacks said will probably give you that answer.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The MV vs TM question has appeared a few times. This one is even from a someone looking for a "joint smoking" experience:

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
These are my current picks, of course I am open to suggestions, but I do want to note that I want an electric device. I smoke exclusively right now and I want to stop, I originally only smoked weed, but in Europe its common to add tobacco to lower the amount of weed wasted, which turned me into an occasional smoker over time. Ideally I want the vape to mimic the pace of smoking a real joint, with a few small breaks in between.
Some good suggestions already but i kinda think it's a shame you are only looking at electric devices tbh.

Especially since you are a converting (joint) smoker and might benefit from having a vape that mimics the ritual of smoking.
Personally i think my Sticky Brick Runt helped a lot to quit combusting since it can come very close to a smoking-experience: Huge, on demand clouds with a flick of the torch, i like the ritual of stirring in this particular vape, you can go pretty long on a big bowl and with a little training you can easily cater your hits: flavor or dense clouds and anything in between with some torch skills.
Fine grind, coarse grind, full nugs? No problem! Just throw it in!
It's a beast!

I see it like this: if you are planning to have only one vape, a Runt is the perfect back up device! :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom