Which vapes meet my requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapeguy

I'm going to suggest my traditional recommendation, Herbalaire. Great temperature control, built in adapters for both size water pipes, blows bags if you want. Runs about .5 grams a charge, comes with extra crucibles so you can swap out and keep on if you're not done. Being true convection you can also shut down mid session and pick it up later.

Tough as nails, glass filled nylon body, Teflon seals, probably couldn't break in on a bet. Simple too, load it up, plug it in, set the temperature, when the lights shift (less than two minutes?) you're good to go. You'll have change left over from your used Volcano, too.

OF

I admit I hadn't looked that much into the HerbalAire, but when you said teflon seals that really put me off. If teflon vapors from a pan will kill birds in the house, why would I want a vaporizer vaporizing that deadly chemical directly into my vapor? I at least hope the teflon is at a place that doesn't get remotely hot for the HA users but in any case I don't want a vape that contains teflon in the airpath, that's quite absurd, and strange that you point it out as if it was a benefit. Plus teflon was set to be banned but the manufacturer put pressure to delay the ban a few more years, how will they keep making it once it's banned? Or does the ban only apply to cookware?

The LSV is still my #1 and I think I'll buy it this week but will research a bit more first.

vapeguy,

OF

If teflon vapors from a pan will kill birds in the house, why would I want a vaporizer vaporizing that deadly chemical directly into my vapor? I at least hope the teflon is at a place that doesn't get remotely hot for the HA users but in any case I don't want a vape that contains teflon in the airpath, that's quite absurd, and strange that you point it out as if it was a benefit.

I've no idea why you might want such "deadly chemical", but want it or not it simply does not exist.

Yes, it's absolutely safe. By several hundred degrees. We 'just went through all this' on the HA tread.

You do understand chocolate will kill your dog, make your children happy or your wife fat.....depending?

Believe what you want. You asked for 'expert advice'. I honestly believe I have offered such advice. It is in no way "absurd" IMO. Feel free to abide by ill informed 'urban legend' if you feel safer.

My wish for your good fortune remains.

OF

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I'm a teflon/chemicals hater too, but that noes not interfered when I bought the minivap.
There is a difference between the shitty coated cookware and non coated full block pieces.

All my cookware is non coated, I only use raw pans, and I'll recommend that to anyone.
But in the case of a vaporizer, I don't think PTFE does represent a risk. It can't go up to the dangerous temperature, and the material is not scratched, abused, and heated like on a pan.
For sure, its always better to get full glass path but it comes with all the disadvantages

Teflon goes to 260°C without any leakage. Vaporization never goes more than 230°C
On a cooking pan, you can easily go more than 260°C, then you get theses nasty fumes, who kill bids, and gives cancer to humans.
The problem is about the scratching on the surface too. Lot of people don't use teflon properly.

Again, its not the product, its the usage. If its used properly (I don't know the herbalaire) there is no reason to worry.
If there was only that ! We always got to keep an eye on all the other sources of everyday chemical contaminants, and there is plenty, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom