Which vapes have been verified to have a clean airpath from independent breakdowns (besides dynavap and Sb vapes)?

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
@staircase slight of hand
If you read, it says "from their website". So, yes, its a standard warranty.
From their website....."STORZ & BICKEL GmbH guarantees end customers (hereinafter referred to as “Customer”) in accordance with the following provisions that the product (MIGHTY+, CRAFTY+, VOLCANO HYBRID, VOLCANO CLASSIC, PLENTY) that has been delivered to the customer is free from defects in material, of manufacturing or construction faults within the time period of three (3) years (MIGHTY, CRAFTY = two (2) years) from the date of delivery (warranty period)." So yes, Storz and Bickel would like you to replace your device every 2 or 3 years.
Then theres the fact that if you open it to try to clean it properly (apparently not possible) it voids the warranty. Does that suggest S&B want longevity in their expensive products? Why no 10 year warranty? (most other big companies are not much different, but no one else seems to claiming medical superiority).
So, yes, they would like you to buy more of their plastic and aluminium to vape through.
No massive aluminium heater core but yes i do own a vape that contains plastic and electronics in the airpath. I dont use it anymore because of that fact. It was a good learning curve for a beginer.
For occassional use i dont think its a problem. I use my vapouriser every hour for pain, so i want a clean, long term solution if i can get it.
I now have that solution, but for the O.P. Im not sure baller injection vapes would be suitable for using safely in bed.
The desire for a heavyweight portable and the high opinions it recieves are making me save for a Tinymight2. It may take some time.....
I do question the wisdom of using an aluminium heater core , long term.
I dont like spurious medical claims used as advertising, leading to products being pushed by medical professionals who have no clue about either cannabis, vapourising, or material science.
I can appreciate that it was one of the first commercialy succesful vapourisers. Doesnt make it all good design.
Could you provide any info on what these regulations you’re referring to? I’m not finding anything past or present that matches what you describe.
Again, the clue is in the post.....Trading and Industry Standard, notice i said "or was" at the end, indicating possible change.
The 5 year figure is an (UK and EU?)Trading and Industry Standard for goods, or was.
Here,have another spoonfull...
In the top few results on DuckDuckGo or Google (if you look)
Theres also this.
If you want to spend time looking up regulatory archives prior to 2007 be my guest. Please share your results.
Not that big companies have to pay regulators much mind. Just pay them backhanders.

Last edited:
Curious Gorilla,

vapirtoo

The whole Vapolution line was all glass, but the market left them behind.
I still use my Vap2 with the all-in-wonder-bowl when my finicky friend comes
over.

staircase slight of hand

If you want to spend time looking up regulatory archives prior to 2007 be my guest. Please share your results.

Nah, I’m good. Your initial comment made it sound like you had concrete info about product lifespan being tied to product safety (or claims to that effect), but if this is just about conspiracy theories and suspicions of shady back room deals I’m a lot less interested.

Curious Gorilla

Nah, I’m good. Your initial comment made it sound like you had concrete info about product lifespan being tied to product safety (or claims to that effect), but if this is just about conspiracy theories and suspicions of shady back room deals I’m a lot less interested.
Your initial comment made it sound like you bothered to look something up and actualy read what was written.
Facts are not conspiracy theory, its about lack of understanding of materials and greed. I gave you concrete info tied to material science. Look it up or try asking for more information politely. Or maybe You do some research and put some useful information up yourself to show me im wrong.
I want people to show me im wrong when i am. I enjoy a good debate. i suspect you cant be bovered.
Its obvious S&B consider the life of their product to be 3 years or the warranty would be longer.
I’m not finding anything past or present that matches what you describe.

If good is not bothering to read the post fully or look up what you say you have,then your good. You keep sucking on your turkey bag and trying to work out how to clean inside the aluminium heater blocks little holes without scratching the anodised surface. Unless you like it dirty.
Or is that conspiacy theory?

Curious Gorilla,

staircase slight of hand

You keep sucking on your turkey bag and trying to work out how to clean inside the aluminium heater blocks little holes without scratching the anodised surface. Unless you like it dirty.

I don’t own a vape from S&B, and have never claimed to. All I did was politely ask for a citation when you mentioned a specific regulation. Honestly, it seems like you have some psychological issues with distinguishing reality from fantasy, which I wish I’d realized sooner so as to not waste my time on your delusions.

staircase slight of hand,

Curious Gorilla

Your first response -You claimed to have looked something up when you clearly hadnt bothered to. Its not polite its deceptive. and you didnt even seem to have read the quotes you used. You asked me to provide information so I did. Who is it that shouldnt have bothered?
Your second comment was just rude and dismissive.So i replied somewhat in kind.
Your third comment you appear to be seeing your reflection in your monitor......and at no point have you offered any useful information or explained how i am mistaken in what i say.
If you think they are delusions, address them and prove me wrong. I suspect you wont bother to try. But ask a mate who knows about cars and has some practicle knowledge about metalwork. You might hear it from them. Or go look under the bonnet of a car at exposed aluminium.
Honestly, it seems like you have some psychological issues with distinguishing reality from fantasy
I do not have the words to describe how hard i've laughed, you've made my night....... but if people think i sound like a conspiritorial lunatic, or what i write is too complicated (and im not that smart so i doubt its that,but i do have expierience and knowledge, as we all do.) someone else let me know and i will go easy on any science or materials info. Or just point out if i am wrong, when i am.
Never joined or posted on any social media before F.C. about a month ago so im new to all this. Are you my first troll? Should stop i feeding you?

Curious Gorilla,

PeteyS

Vape safety is always in the back of my head. I mostly use my dynavap because of this. I figure its the simplest in form, and has a clean air path.
However, does any one have info on the anodizing process dynavap uses to color their vapes. Is it possible for the color to chip, or to somehow vent into the airpath over time, or with abnormally high heatups

PeteyS,

Curious Gorilla

Titanium anodization builds up a thicker layer of oxide on the surface of the metal than forms normaly in air, it is one of the hardest surfaces around.
The colours are an interference pattern dependant on the thickness of the oxide layer, but the oxide layer is actualy see through and can look grey at certain angles.
It can be worn off, but doesnt generaly break down of its own accord. It can degrade if the titanum piece has been marred/damaged with certain types of steel.
Titanium dioxide has been used in paint, cosmetics and toothpaste amongst other things. You wouldnt want to inhale it as a powder(possibly carcinogenic?) but titanium metal is stable to a higher temperature than stainless steel. You dont realy want either red hot in your air path too much but at lower temperatures should be ok if you are not sensitive to either metal.
The colours on titanium shouldnt cause any health issues, as far as i know. Every vape,titanium nail and baller head will be coloured from the heat. Voltage colouring is more stable, if anything, and i believe harder wearing.

PeteyS

I guess it wouldn't matter too much if the stem was anodized, as you are inhaling through the tip and then straight into the condenser and out the mouthpiece.
I think a sticky brick would be fairly clean. As long as you are aware that you may be inhaling butane. Not any different then when people smoke out of a bong, or pipe. But something to think about non the less.
Also, I would take S&B's medical certificate with a grain of salt. Its only valid for 5 years and after that they expect you to buy a new one.
Im not sure what changes after 5 years of usage, but possibly that is when the heater, wires, plastic can start to degrade.

Last edited:
PeteyS,

staircase slight of hand

Also, I would take S&B's medical certificate with a grain of salt. Its only valid for 5 years and after that they expect you to buy a new one.
Once again, I’d love to see a source for this claim (especially the idea that the unit is no longer safe after 5 years).

Reactions: Planck

hinglemccringleberry

I think S&B's internals are just fine after many years and there's nothing to worry about there.
The thing to worry about is getting price gouged to buy a device that is inefficient with your herb and a royal pain in the ass to clean, from a company that can't be bothered to at least update the Mighty and Crafty to include replaceable batteries FFS...

Last edited:

ontopofclouds

we're creeping up on the mighty being 10 years old and people are still having the exact same discussions about it as 10 years ago

some of you need to learn to let it go lol

sickmanfraud

You should consider a Titanium and acrylic stem tip from The Rogue Wax Works. Something like this:

It will keep the stem from burning the patient's lips. You may also want to consider a short Titanium stem from @dzoinp.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: GoldenBud

Curious Gorilla

Once again, I’d love to see a source for this claim (especially the idea that the unit is no longer safe after 5 years).
I’d love to see a source for this claim that the unit is safe after the warranty has expired.
On the volcano its 3 years S&B warranty,according to their site.
It looks like according to storz&BICKEL theres no way to clean inside it.
Or can you point out where the instructions from S&B are on how to do that?

Curious Gorilla,

staircase slight of hand

On the volcano its 3 years S&B warranty,according to their site.
Are you under the impression that warrantees have something to do with product safety? In the US, they don’t. I’d love to hear about any countries where the two were linked in any way. Barring that, I fail to see the relevance of the warranty length.
Or can you point out where the instructions from S&B are on how to do that?
Sorry, I don’t own any S&B products. Maybe you should contact them directly?

staircase slight of hand

I’d love to see a source for this claim that the unit is safe after the warranty has expired.
If you want someone to prove a negative assertion, I’ve got some bad news for you buddy. Perhaps you should start with a source for the wild notion that the warranty has anything to do with product safety.

Just to make sure we’re on the same page: my car came with a 36 month warranty on the transmission, which has since lapsed. Do you truly believe my car’s transmission is no longer safe to use? Because that’s what you’re arguing.

Curious Gorilla

If you want someone to prove a negative assertion, I’ve got some bad news for you buddy. Perhaps you should start with a source for the wild notion that the warranty has anything to do with product safety.

Just to make sure we’re on the same page: my car came with a 36 month warranty on the transmission, which has since lapsed. Do you truly believe my car’s transmission is no longer safe to use? Because that’s what you’re arguing.

Can You prove the positive assertion that it is or can be made safe after its 3 year warranty expires, brother? do you think it doesnt ever need internal cleaning? Or maybe ask storz and bickel how long it is medicaly safe for?
If Your gearbox causes problems it would be far more obvious than small particles from a vapouriser over a 10 year period.
Does Your car manufacturer claim it is a safe medical device, and is therefore superior to other medical gearboxes.
Do they take any responsibility once the warranty is finished? What is the period past which they bear no liability?
Your not vaping your car exhaust i hope.
You seem to keep demanding evidence and information while offering none yourself.

I am not saying the Volcano is unsafe to use any more than any other vapouriser with a large aluminium heater core in the pathway.
However.
Storz & Bickel are the only ones to have claimed medical superiority through having paid to have the volcano tested, and are having them advertised to medical patients by Clinics and Doctors in the UK.
Which would seem to be against certain regulations regarding advertising that are being ignored.

For some the air path is more of a consideration because of health issues, heavy use, or both.
If someone tells me vapourising through glass may be bad for my health, I have to give it consideration. I want to still be vaping when im 150 years old.
For the most part, healthwise almost any vapouriser is far superior to smoking........in my opinion.

Curious Gorilla,
Reactions: Cheebsy

yogie

Vapman has just wood (choose your species), stainless, gold plated copper, hold together by friction and whatever mouthpiece you throw on it: (POM, Inox (SS), Titanium, Borosilicate Glass).
This..... my wife says it looks funny, but I love this vape.

staircase slight of hand

Can You prove the positive assertion that it is or can be made safe after its 3 year warranty expires, brother? do you think it doesnt ever need internal cleaning? Or maybe ask storz and bickel how long it is medicaly safe for?

Once again, it sounds like you’ve got questions for S&B, not some rando on the internet. None of this has anything to do with the warranty, unless you’ve got a very confused notion as to what a warranty is.

Curious Gorilla

Once again, it sounds like you’ve got questions for S&B, not some rando on the internet.

I believe your opinion could be worth so much more than that.
I am truly curious as to your knowledege, experience and opinion, even if you dont feel it is worth giving .
What do You consider the medically safest airpath choice?

Curious Gorilla,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
What do You consider the medically safest airpath choice?

Simple pure materials, ideally that are all fully cleanable, most of the time you need to look to the artisan vapes for these features, and yeah the supposed medical certification on a complicated mass produced device like this is pretty meaningless in this situation...

Top Bottom