Which temp specific micro dosing vape

Low-toll-microdoser

Hi all
I’m new to vaping,started early this year
Bought a DynaVap m 2018 (March 2020)I think,that is very effective and will/should last years
I use every night and once or twice a month in the day
I can get by on 0.02 - 0.06 of a gram:-)
(Yes some mother’s do have em)
The DynaVap is excellent for micro dosing and only once did I partially combust the goods in the early days which was semi deliberate and experimental (5 count past the click)

What I would like advice on is which vape has specific temperature control so that I can dial in on different effects of thc/cbd and control dosing and medication (is that what you call it ?!)

Not bothered if portable or otherwise
I am not necessarily looking for large clouds,less clouds but tasty and still strong and effective are fine by me

Vapour quality are priority

Thank you all in advance look forward to advice recommendations etc
🌈🎶

Low-toll-microdoser,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Welcome to FC. Plenty of good options for the use you describe. My first choice would be a Tinymight for the consistency, convenience, and easy operation.

Many of the experienced folks on FC like to recommend log vapes for microdosing, but I don't like the ten to fifteen minute heat up time and the lag between adjusting temps. While it's true the Tinymight only has a little dial marked from 1 to 10, the range is really usable so you'll still be able to do precise lower temp extraction or stony high temp hits as you like. And unlike log vapes adjusting to a different temp setting is instant.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Welcome to FC. Plenty of good options for the use you describe. My first choice would be a Tinymight for the consistency, convenience, and easy operation.

Many of the experienced folks on FC like to recommend log vapes for microdosing, but I don't like the ten to fifteen minute heat up time and the lag between adjusting temps. While it's true the Tinymight only has a little dial marked from 1 to 10, the range is really usable so you'll still be able to do precise lower temp extraction or stony high temp hits as you like. And unlike log vapes adjusting to a different temp setting is instant.

Just had to add depending on the log vape it can heat up in 5 minutes, and once it's heat up you can have it on 24/7 but yeah that's not precise temp control at all, though the voltage can correspond well if you experiment?

Might be worth looking into the desktops that use a enail, like flowerpot, herborizer, and supreme, I think they can work with precise temp control, but I have no experience with them!

ejackyou

Hamilton
I luv My tried and true Arizer 'Solo II', maintenance free, tons of power both as a portable, or plugged in as a desktop.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Just had to add depending on the log vape it can heat up in 5 minutes, and once it's heat up you can have it on 24/7 but yeah that's not precise temp control at all, though the voltage can correspond well if you experiment?

Might be worth looking into the desktops that use a enail, like flowerpot, herborizer, and supreme, I think they can work with precise temp control, but I have no experience with them!
Those desktop setups sound like a lot of kit for vaping less than .1g though. And it was @Shit Snacks who finally prompted me to get a Tinymight so it's worth noting he's also a big fan.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
For something cost effective you can pick up a titanium Dynavap tip imo its taste is better than the m, has a adjustable size bowl, paired with a low temp cap and if you got some money to burn pick up a IH.

ginolicious

I really like on demand convection for microdosing. Pack a bowl. Take a hit. Come back hours later for another one. Sometimes I even have hits from the bowl 1-2 days later.

darbarikanada

the mighty, with a 'liquid pad' and (possibly) dosing caps, can vape small loads, control the temperature to single digits. no guesswork. (I have a vapcap - never use it anymore)

Low-toll-microdoser

I luv My tried and true Arizer 'Solo II', maintenance free, tons of power both as a portable, or plugged in as a desktop.
Thanks to all responses thus far
(Sorry if quoted are wrong not used to this forum/posting/replying) will have to get more familiar with it)

The tiny might I have seen videos and read about,I like the idea of that one,on demand,small amounts,low mid high temp,form .....but not in stock in uk price£250 ish ...is it tried and tested reliable? ?

The solo 2 also I have seen,much bigger but I’m not really concerned with size/portability as long as it fits in a ruck sack or at least a car haha!
What is smallest amount the solo is compatible with and is it correct that electronics are in the air vapour path?

If the temp of the vape is low say 160/170c and I was to load approx 0.04 like I might in the DynaVap,how many moderate draws am I likely to get/extract ?,this question applies to all vapes recommended so far

I could get maybe 12-20 ok hits from the DynaVap but would be temperatures all over the place/inconsistent,although can sort of control the start middle end

Apologies for long winded ness of this enquiry:-)
Thanks again

Low-toll-microdoser,

Dutch-Mic

Which type of lighter (if you use a lighter) do you use for the Vapcap? I use a single flame torch which helps to have more temperature control. A helpful chart:

posted image

If you love your Vapcap and want a bit more flexibility in the temperature range then I suggest the low temp cap. It clicks on a lower temperature and the taste is (in my opinion) better than the regular cap.

Low-toll-microdoser

What I am asking ,can I expect to get a similar amount of hits from an electronic vape as the DynaVap using a similar amount of dry herb

Can you get more hits from an electronic vape that can be temperature specific and step it up after 2-4 hits compared to my only experience of vaping so far with a DynaVap m

I usually load the D’m and use that for approx 1-3 hours
#1 session 3-7 hits
#2 session 3-5
#3 session 3 ?
Vapour usually none to low #1 and quite a lot vapour cloud by #3 just tough example

Low-toll-microdoser

Which type of lighter (if you use a lighter) do you use for the Vapcap? I use a single flame torch which helps to have more temperature control. A helpful chart:

posted image

If you love your Vapcap and want a bit more flexibility in the temperature range then I suggest the low temp cap. It clicks on a lower temperature and the taste is (in my opinion) better than the regular cap.
Hi
Yes I use single flame and adjust position from top/tip then towards vap end to finish the herb off

Also have had good results using kitchen gas hob on low heat,this has less control than single flame torch but is slower and less intense flame
Can get a lot of hits that way also

Have heard of the low temp VapCap I will probably get one of those as well as temp adjustable electronic vape

Thank you for the advice:-)

Bortz

I've owned a number of different vapes over the years and have found they each have their own quirks and characteristics. Don't really know until you run a device for a bit, especially with microdosing. I also have a dynavap titanium tip that I like as well for it's own reasons. I find that the Arizer products can be capable of a similar "how the hell is this still hitting" effect. "Hybrid" heating styles for both devices. I find efficiency to be comparable between the two, my consumption doesn't change between them indicating that they provide the same amount of "hits."

I think that the Arizer Go is a pretty solid fit for what you are looking for. It is a slower rhythm than the dynavap, a different experience. Total digital temp control, great flavor, glass airpath, etc. Arizer's are solid vaporizers. For microdosing, I shape a 5/8" (maybe 1/2"?) SS screen into a cup and insert into the stem. Pack plant material between the screen and the line you see near the tip. About the same capacity as a VapCap.

I love mine, would highly recommend a few extra batteries, they can be had online for ~$5 a piece. A water pipe adapter and water pipe are quite nice and gentle on the lungs. I like temps between 373F and 393F, typically going up in 5-10 degree increments. Totally just personal preference. Digital temp control can be really nice. Heat up is about a minute, plus thirty seconds if the device is cold from ambient temp. Convection devices can have faster warmup (Tinymight, Fury Edge), food for thought, depends on your requirements.

Just my current go to, I have been running this since 4/20 as my sole vaporizer. A typical day is about 18 hours, two batteries. I don't really measure by loads, it depends on session time. I will idly carry this around and puff on it most of the day. Been excited about it, so here is my review of sorts :lmao:

There are many other excellent options: Fury Edge, Arizer Solo, Log Vapes, Tinymight, etc. Some really solid advice from everybody else in this thread. You really can't go wrong with any of them.

Have fun!

argoscreen1.jpg
argoscreen2.jpg

Low-toll-microdoser

I've owned a number of different vapes over the years and have found they each have their own quirks and characteristics. Don't really know until you run a device for a bit, especially with microdosing. I also have a dynavap titanium tip that I like as well for it's own reasons. I find that the Arizer products can be capable of a similar "how the hell is this still hitting" effect. "Hybrid" heating styles for both devices. I find efficiency to be comparable between the two, my consumption doesn't change between them indicating that they provide the same amount of "hits."

I think that the Arizer Go is a pretty solid fit for what you are looking for. It is a slower rhythm than the dynavap, a different experience. Total digital temp control, great flavor, glass airpath, etc. Arizer's are solid vaporizers. For microdosing, I shape a 5/8" (maybe 1/2"?) SS screen into a cup and insert into the stem. Pack plant material between the screen and the line you see near the tip. About the same capacity as a VapCap.

I love mine, would highly recommend a few extra batteries, they can be had online for ~$5 a piece. A water pipe adapter and water pipe are quite nice and gentle on the lungs. I like temps between 373F and 393F, typically going up in 5-10 degree increments. Totally just personal preference. Digital temp control can be really nice. Heat up is about a minute, plus thirty seconds if the device is cold from ambient temp. Convection devices can have faster warmup (Tinymight, Fury Edge), food for thought, depends on your requirements.

Just my current go to, I have been running this since 4/20 as my sole vaporizer. A typical day is about 18 hours, two batteries. I don't really measure by loads, it depends on session time. I will idly carry this around and puff on it most of the day. Been excited about it, so here is my review of sorts :lmao:

There are many other excellent options: Fury Edge, Arizer Solo, Log Vapes, Tinymight, etc. Some really solid advice from everybody else in this thread. You really can't go wrong with any of them.

Have fun!

argoscreen1.jpg
argoscreen2.jpg
Hi
Thank you for the info
Is that the Arizer go in the pics ?
Can I use a small amount and use over 2-3 hours,maybe 3-5 hits per 30-60 mins?
Be well :-)

Low-toll-microdoser,

Bortz

Hi
Thank you for the info
Is that the Arizer go in the pics ?
Can I use a small amount and use over 2-3 hours,maybe 3-5 hits per 30-60 mins?
Be well :-)

Yup, that's it in the background. I think it would be well suited to your proposed use. The extreme Q I think is a larger bowl size, I would guess the arizer portables to be better than the Q.

If you are going desktop, a log vape (Ed's Woodscent's Aromalog, Underdog, ENano) would be my vote (contemplating one myself). Many good solutions to the same problem.

Low-toll-microdoser

Have fun!

argoscreen1.jpg
argoscreen2.jpg
Yup, that's it in the background. I think it would be well suited to your proposed use. The extreme Q I think is a larger bowl size, I would guess the arizer portables to be better than the Q.

If you are going desktop, a log vape (Ed's Woodscent's Aromalog, Underdog, ENano) would be my vote (contemplating one myself). Many good solutions to the same problem.
Does the Arizer go give good flavour most of the way through the load/session or is it more like my experience of the DynaVap,where the flavour is nice for 2-4 small hits then goes off quite a lot but doesn’t get harsh until near the end or too much temperature passed the click ??

Low-toll-microdoser,

Doktor Dub

If you want to stay with your micro doses, I think the vapcap was a great choice.

it’s the opposite to what you asked for, but I guess a vapman could be a great vape for you, read a bit in the thread.

The other obvious choice would be a woodscents log as it uses a DynaVap tip and it’s fully compatible to your m.
Pricey but a lot to discover and experiment for you.

many other great vapes out there, many can do small doses but your dose will feel unnatural in many vapes I think

as always - just my two cents

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Does the Arizer go give good flavour most of the way through the load/session or is it more like my experience of the DynaVap,where the flavour is nice for 2-4 small hits then goes off quite a lot but doesn’t get harsh until near the end or too much temperature passed the click ??
I'd recommend avoiding the Arizer session vapes for your purpose. For microdosing it's handy to have a more modern on demand convection heater so you can heat up in just a few seconds and only roast your herb while you're hitting it. The Argo/Air/Solo all take a minute to heat up and have smaller, weaker heaters that won't give you the ceiling for flavor or vapor quality.

Did you say €250 for the Tinymight was over your budget?

Low-toll-microdoser

Thanks again to all for the info and suggestions

It’s a mine field of choice ,which is a good thing but I’m getting nowhere slowly

Seems to be some of the usual suspects being recommended

If the tinymight ,mighty and Arizer were all the same price what would you go for ?

Some people think some vapes are suitable for micro dosing and others think those same vapes aren’t so I have to take it that there is a way to make just about any vape suitable for my needs some just maybe more than others

Consistent and variable temp control is a top requirement and vapour quality/extraction

Cloud size(seems like a waste of herb) isn’t top of list but flavour retainment is
Om mani pame hum
Thanks to all

Low-toll-microdoser,

Low-toll-microdoser

I'd recommend avoiding the Arizer session vapes for your purpose. For microdosing it's handy to have a more modern on demand convection heater so you can heat up in just a few seconds and only roast your herb while you're hitting it. The Argo/Air/Solo all take a minute to heat up and have smaller, weaker heaters that won't give you the ceiling for flavor or vapor quality.

Did you say €250 for the Tinymight was over your budget?
Hi
Thanks that’s worth knowing about the Arizer

£250 not over my budget for tinymight,looked at vapefiend site earlier and I think it said new stock available in August @£219/229 ? ?
Not sure how reliable those are but the form and function seems good to me

:-)

Low-toll-microdoser,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hi
Thanks that’s worth knowing about the Arizer

£250 not over my budget for tinymight,looked at vapefiend site earlier and I think it said new stock available in August @£219/229 ? ?
Not sure how reliable those are but the form and function seems good to me

:-)

It's easier to just order the TM on the site, and wait a few weeks, then scramble to get them when they come in stock at vape fiend btw... And yeah hands down more efficient and effective than mighty and solo for me!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: bossman

Low-toll-microdoser

It's easier to just order the TM on the site, and wait a few weeks, then scramble to get them when they come in stock at vape fiend btw... And yeah hands down more efficient and effective than mighty and solo for me!
Hi shit snacks
How long have you had the TM ?
Is build quality high?
What is minimum and maximum load?
Do you know what the lowest temp extraction is and is it good for that?

When people review vapes they always concentrate on how big the clouds are but I’m more interested in how little to use for maximum effect and flavour,obviously the economy comes into it also

Cheers :-)

Low-toll-microdoser,
Top Bottom