Which portable vape should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalFlower

Hey guys,

Let me start off by first saying that I've read through a bunch of other threads about this topic but I haven't found what I'm looking for, so I thought I'd start my own thread.

Basically I've owned an Arizer V-tower for about 2 years, it's pretty good and I can get some decent hits from it. However, I'm thinking about selling it in favour of a portable vape.

Money no option, what I really want is something that can deliver good, hard hits like the V-tower, but be stealthy enough for me to easily fit it in my jeans pocket, and sit in the back of the cinema without drawing attention.

Most of the other threads seem to conclude that the Arizer Solo is the best bet, but it just looks too big and bulky to me.

I've compiled a list of potential vapes that could suit me, but was just wondering if you guys had any first-hand experience with any of them, and what you thought.

So here goes:

- Arizer Solo
- Ploom Pax
- Puffit
- Inhalater INH004
- VaporBlunt
- Thermovape
- AtmosRaw
- Persei

I think the last two are butane-powered, but I think I'd rather stick to the convenience and safety of battery-power.

So yeah, just wondering what you guys thought of my options.

CapitalFlower,
Reactions: Newcastle

sodope28

I had the same debate and concluded eith the pax. I have no experience with any of these vapes but after a lot of research i went with the pax for these points. Very small, longer battery life ( 2 hours continuous use) , delivers great hits and looks awsome

sodope28,

max

Out to lunch
what I really want is something that can deliver good, hard hits like the V-tower, but be stealthy enough for me to easily fit it in my jeans pocket
There is no portable that can equal a full sized home whip vape for big, free flowing hits, especially a pocket portable. The Solo is an 'in between' model-good hits but restricted compared to the V-Tower. As for your list, I'd cross off #3, 5, and 7, and go from there.

I think the last two are butane-powered
They're not.

max,

CapitalFlower

Thanks for the replies guys,

Sorry forgot to mention I'd be vaping bud, nothing else.

Why is there so much love for the MFLB? Why is it any more stealthy than the Pax, given the hits are of the same density?

I think I've narrowed it down to either the Pax, or the Inhalator. The Thermovape (either original or Evolution) battery life seems too poor to me; 15 hits. Being in the UK, the Pax might be hard to get hold of.

Thanks

CapitalFlower,

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist
Thanks for the replies guys,

Sorry forgot to mention I'd be vaping bud, nothing else.

Why is there so much love for the MFLB? Why is it any more stealthy than the Pax, given the hits are of the same density?

I think I've narrowed it down to either the Pax, or the Inhalator. The Thermovape (either original or Evolution) battery life seems too poor to me; 15 hits. Being in the UK, the Pax might be hard to get hold of.

Thanks
The MFLB is on the low end of the price spectrum, has an incredible warranty and is pretty easy to conceal.
The inhalater is a really heavy hitter, so you'd have to keep it on lower settings or you'd be broadcasting smells all over.

I love/d my inhalater (mine just spectacularly died, but I'd still definitely recommend it) the vapor tastes clean, can be incredibly dense, and its so easy to use and convenient to charge.

deadc0ffee,

CapitalFlower

To be honest is there really anything better than the Pax? I really want one but it's not available in the UK.

I guess I could wait ages for it to be available or buy something like the Inhalater, but then I'd just be wishing I'd bought the Pax.

Ah dilemmas, dilemmas :|

CapitalFlower,
I don't know that I'd ever be able to give up a home unit, and I used portables exclusively for almost two years.

The MFLB is a good portable unit - especially for the price. I don't personally find it very stealthy, but there are a lot of proponents of it's stealthiness here on FC and admittedly with good technique you can probably hit it anywhere. Combine with a PA for decent at home use. Not sure why it didn't even make your list. Plus the lifetime warranty rocks.

I'd rule PUFFiT out for every day use. It simply charges too slowly. Two MAYBE three bowls and then another 2-3 hour charge doesn't work for my consumption needs.

Atmos RAW has had almost universally bad reviews. It's a really cool electric pipe, but it's a pretty terrible vaporizer.

Thermovape T1 is a great little unit. I tried it out a local vapor lounge two weeks ago. I love that the whole thing can be dissasemnled and boiled down for cleanliness. It's also built like a tank. There's a good chance this will be my next portable. The only negative as far as I'm concerned is the small chamber.

Pax seems to be a big portable favourite. This is also at the top of my list for my next portable.

It depends on your budget, but I really wouldn't rule out the MFLB.

kingofnull,
Reactions: Peloton

CapitalFlower

My budget is upwards of $200. The MFLB is too cheap for me, I want a better unit.

Also, the Thermovape battery sucks big time so I ruled it out.

CapitalFlower,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I'd probably be looking between the inhalator and the Pax. Since the Pax is more stealthy, that's actually the one I went with. Should be coming next week :-D. I also have the WISPR which is good, but I think the Pax will blow it out the water.

newVaper420,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have the solo and the pax, and I can say that when it's working properly the pax delivers the goods. Discrete, small, works really well making light to rich vapor depending on what heat setting you choose. It is by far the easiest vape I have ever used, aside from keeping it clean. Every unit will have its limitations, depending on your expectations and needs. I would pick Solo as second, as far as reliability and good tasting vapor. There will be nice accessories for the solo coming soon from PlanetVape. They aslo say they are working on a way to use the pax w/a gong stem. I am using a short section of 1/2" silicone tubing right now to use my pax w/my ion, works well enough. I know I am still getting used to my pax, first one showed up a dud, had to get a replacement, so I got to use it a few times, had to send it back, then had to wait a few days for the second one, and now I am really getting to know this little vape. Mine is putting out exceptional vapor. I don't know if my comments are helping you choose, but I wanted to at least pop in and say the pax is a good vape, small, pocket friendly, and can milk a chamber better than some of my desk vapes.

here is a slow milk vid I took of the pax/ion today, purposely pulled really gentle, to make it load nice and slow.

for contrast, here is a video using the Solo set on high (7), w/ion to get a vapor comparison.

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist
My budget is upwards of $200. The MFLB is too cheap for me, I want a better unit.

Also, the Thermovape battery sucks big time so I ruled it out.
Then research the inh004. I went with it and love(d) mine.

It, the pax, and the solo seem to be the best higher end portables.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I updated the solo vid in my last post... made one to match the ion/pax so you could get a better comparison of vapor.

jambandphan03,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I have to say that pax video is video is pretty impressive...... Damn it jam now I might need a pax lol :)

Vape-Nation

Since money is no limit I'd vote Pax, but the Magic Flight Launch Box is super durable, reliable and very tiny. I've used it in a cinema and it worked great, without any problems or attention drawn. Both are good options, Pax is easier to hold and take relaxed hits from but it's 2.5x the price.

Vape-Nation,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Damn jam...great vids! I love how clean your matrix is and that nice slow draw.makes me feel like an amateur with mine!

Damn jam...great vids! I love how clean your matrix is and that nice slow draw.makes me feel like an amateur with mine!
yes kudos on a clean piece. Always hate seeing dirty glass, though it's hardly the issue here that it is at GC.

kingofnull,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom