• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Which grinder is easiest on the hands?

mistressofvape

heard about a stoner using an electric coffee beans grinder every day, AFAIK it works well!
Must've been me, lol. That's what I've been using but came on here to see what other options there are. Now looking at the Flower Mill! The coffee grinder works ok but like @Lobby said the result is fluffy but on the fine side. A little too fine for my needs.

mistressofvape

Will throw my vote in for the flowermill especially with the large size grind plate. Rips through bud like butter and you don't need to pick out any stems.

The stem thing is a game-changer! So you would say get the extra milling plate set? What about the 4th piece for kief collecting?

Sure. I have nerve damage to my left hand which has left it's grip very weak. I had been using a Space Case grinder and decided to replace it when the large size of the BCG came out. I purchased a large one and it was simply too slick for me to hold on to. I tried the rubber pads used to open jars and other things, but I never managed to actually grind a nugget with it. To be fair, the regular size BCG might have afforded me a better grip. But, I sold it.

I purchaed a Flower Mill grinder and still own it. It does a good job on dry weed. But, I like to keep mine a bit moister ( 62%) and it has a tendency to ball up. It will eventually grind it, but it's a LOT of work. If you like your weed on the drier side, it will do a good job for you.

Someone here or on Reddit told me about the Phoenician. I purchased a large with the added rubber bumpers. It grinds very quickly, has quarter turn locking threads so it doesnt get stuck shut and hard to open. Changeable screens. AND I can hold on to it!

All of these grinders are good at what they do. Just with a weak grip, I find the Phoenician to be best for my needs.

This is all very helpful! I'm still leaning toward the Flower Mill. I can always let the weed dry a bit. To me, no aluminum involved is a plus. I've been a little concerned about tiny bits of aluminum getting in there when you grind with aluminum teeth.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The stem thing is a game-changer! So you would say get the extra milling plate set? What about the 4th piece for kief collecting?
I have the extra plates and I use them. To me it is worth it for different vapes, but I bet you can get by without them.
I have the kief screen. I took it out because I now prefer the kief on my weed.
To me, no aluminum involved is a plus. I've been a little concerned about tiny bits of aluminum getting in there when you grind with aluminum teeth.
There is still aluminum involved as the outer shell is aluminum, to reduce the weight. The milling surfaces are all SS, though. There are a few completely SS grinders out there although the FM is unique.

Madtater

This is all very helpful! I'm still leaning toward the Flower Mill. I can always let the weed dry a bit. To me, no aluminum involved is a plus. I've been a little concerned about tiny bits of aluminum getting in there when you grind with aluminum teeth.
My uncle used the flowermill today for the first time. When he picked it up he said “this thing feels like a tank”. He turned it twice and checked thinking there would be flower inside and was surprised to see it was gone.

I cant even think of a reason why i didn’t get a flowermill sooner…and it ain’t the price because that thing is totally worth it.

I can totally understand why that was one if the recommended grinders in this thread. For someone with arthritis, using the flowermill is almost effortless.

840_divided_by_two

Totally is! The milling plate kit was worth it and I'm a sucker for a kief catch but now I just buy dry sift to top my bowls with anyways lol. I'd skip the kief catcher it's very very fine and takes a while to accumulate.

Madtater

Totally is! The milling plate kit was worth it and I'm a sucker for a kief catch but now I just buy dry sift to top my bowls with anyways lol. I'd skip the kief catcher it's very very fine and takes a while to accumulate.
I have the milling plate kit. Trying to find my groove with the different sizes. Only used the standard, fine and very fine. Very fine is PRETTY fine. I have the fine in currently and it’s pretty nice.

I also have the kief catch. The screen is pretty fine, and ya it will take a while…..but i dont think super long. I dont know if the kief catch is worth it yet. if i had to do over, i think i would forgo it…but it definitely wont hurt.

Madtater,
Reactions: LesPlenty

OyVape

+1 for the Flower Mill. I just scored a complete Premium kit from another FC member, and this is the best ever! Truly astounding how easy it is to use and what a great job it does!

I’m finding the Medium plate to produce almost too fine a grind for the Airvape Legacy Pro.

Lobby

I just ran close to 2 grams through my large BCG and was surprised at how easy it was to twist. After the start it was like it was empty. I am very impressed with how easy the BCG is on my hands. I won’t be filling it so full in the future but I just had to see how it worked with a full load.

Weedaholic

My Lift grinder is very easy on the hands.
Looks like they will be available again in June.
Wonder how many $400 stainless steel grinders they will sell.

https://lift-innovations.com/collections/grinders/products/black-3-piece
I still think the BCG is the easiest on my hands....yeah 400 is a lot of money for a lift grinder...

You could buy a stainless steel BCG and a old mate grinder and still have 150 in the pocket left over.

Nice looking grinder do for sure.

Madtater

My Lift grinder is very easy on the hands.
Looks like they will be available again in June.
Wonder how many $400 stainless steel grinders they will sell.

https://lift-innovations.com/collections/grinders/products/black-3-piece
14 weeks from order date to ship date is a LONG time for a grinder. I read their process and i am sure it is VERY well built, but at $400 there are equal SS grinders out there for far less…..and quicker delivery.

I do like how it has different sifting screens though. Always wondered if it would make a huge difference and what the results would be….i dont think $400 is worth that ability though.

Last edited:

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
14 weeks from order date to ship date is a LONG time for a grinder.
It's actually 14 months...
Now, that is a long time! :o
Imagine all the things that can happen or be done in that timeframe...
Sure looks like a great piece of equipment but out of my price-league for a grinder tbh! And also out of my patience-league actually... 14 months, i mean, c-mon guys! wtf

oldfool

14 months from order date to ship date is a LONG time for a grinder. I read their process and i am sure
it is VERY well built, but at $400 there are equal SS grinders out there for far less…..and quicker delivery.
Yep. I have an Old Mate on order and my Lift has SS plate/screen and blade.
I do like how it has different sifting screens though. Always wondered if it would make
a huge difference and what the results would be….i dont think $400 is worth that ability though.
I have all three. Tried them all, only use the medium now.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
It's actually 14 months...
Now, that is a long time! :o
Imagine all the things that can happen or be done in that timeframe...
Sure looks like a great piece of equipment but out of my price-league for a grinder tbh! And also out of my patience-league actually... 14 months, i mean, c-mon guys! wtf
Seems like a relaxed business model. I wonder what the the price and waiting time for a titanium version would be. :shrug:

Haze Mister,
  • Haha
Reactions: LesPlenty
I'm late to the game, but have been using the Flowermill for a couple weeks and find it easy to use and mild flower really well.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Seems like a relaxed business model.
This is their premium 'look at what we can do' product and it takes 3 weeks per piece of grinder to be case tumbled separately to get that shine and 2 seconds to spoil it.
A lot of time is involved, hence the high price but people still keep buying them so why blow a heap of money on more case tumblers (they have already purchased and worn out quite a few) just to speed things up for their boutique item?

I will add that my Old Mate Aroma-3 is easier on the hands to spin than my large BCG (the scalloped edged top helps heaps), the BCG is nicer to hold due to the convex shape but I don't think BCG does that anymore anyway so that plus is now not available, and more reason to get an OM.:2c:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I will add that my Old Mate Aroma-3 is easier on the hands to spin than my large BCG (the scalloped edged top helps heaps), the BCG is nicer to hold due to the convex shape but I don't think BCG does that anymore anyway so that plus is now not available, and more reason to get an OM.:2c:

I don't think the bottom of the OM is any more comfortable in the hand than the new BCG bottom for whatever that's worth... So I'm not sure that logic tracks exactly? It does seem like the OM is the most effortless to turn though from the entire design together

Top Bottom