• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Which grinder is easiest on the hands?

Texus

And in case folks weren't aware, the Flower Mill only has a tiny 1/4 turn threading, which is very easy on the hands compared with other more heavily threaded grinders. I would recommend only getting the 3 piece one though if hands are an issue, since the piece with the screen that makes it a 4-piece does have more threads and can be a pain to unscrew.

blackstone

For those on a budget, or if it's difficult or costly to import one of the options mentioned,
The larger Storz and Bickel grinder has been used by myself during some of my most tender jointed and fatigued times these past years and I give it the thumbs up.
It has lots more leverage than the smaller one as it's about 92mm wide.
It cost me about 9.99 and plastic is less likely to be cool to the touch in most environments, something I came to dislike from metal objects at times.
I have seen no teeth chipped or damaged on a larger one over quite a long period but I always remove any stick like objects beforehand.
It can be safely cleaned, or reclaimed from, if the iso doesn’t exceed about 70%.

Pulsing in a coffee grinder or blender seems to be quite popular among the silver surfers on the grow forums I go on but they tend to only grind once a week or so.

heard about a stoner using an electric coffee beans grinder every day, AFAIK it works well!

Reminds me of this story from Australia I think it was!:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
if the iso doesn’t exceed about 70%.
I turned the orange to white with 99.9% iso!
Reminds me of this story from Australia I think it was!:
I found one under the bedside table in a hotel room in Launceston Tasmania a while back with a trichome coating inside it, gave it to a friend that has a few missing fingers (don't buy mince of that butcher). :tup:

bigheaded1

I got a Flower Mill mini today, and holy smokes this thing turns like butter. I put a decent size fairly sticky chunk of herb in it. And there was almost no resistance while it shredded it up. This thing requires very little effort. I'm assuming the bigger version's even more powerful.

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
I would think a large BCG with coarse plate would be near the top for a traditional 3 piece grinder when it comes to easy/fast grinding. Good luck!

Photonic,
Reactions: LesPlenty

howie105

I have pain in my hands and wrists and am wondering which grinder is the easiest to grind with? Sounds like the Flower Mill is the easiest. I am also considering a coffee grinder but am afraid of turning my flower to dust. Are any of the electric grinders worth considering?

I use a B1, Underdog and Dynavap vaporizers. I also would most likely be getting a fine plate for grinding.

I use a 3" Cannabis Hardware Arm Band fine grinder successfully with a Dyna, ELEV8Rs (baller & torch) and an OG E-Nano all which share some similarities to the vapes you have listed. What's good about it is that it is easy to grip, provides good leverage, and at fifty dollars the price is not bad. Downsides, if you are coming from grinders with more parts, you will find have managing the process more hands on. As to coffee grinders, they work, but you need to be quick and be willing to accept some occasional failures.

howie105,
Reactions: acstorfer

kazz

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
As someone who went through several grinders (including BCG and flower mill) trying to find one that I could use with a weak left hand, I understand your issue.

I wound up purchasing a Phoenician grinder with the bumper rings and have been very pleased with it.

When I was using hand grinders I had to use those little rubber thingies that you use to open jars.

Someone should make a nice rubber 'sleeve' that goes over most standard grinders to make it easier to grip. Maybe the youngsters can use these grinders. I don't know about you guys but my hands started going bad in my 50's...... and that was a LONG time ago. LOL

https://www.amazon.com/Gripper-Hands-Silicone-Insulation-Round-Rubber-Grippers/dp/B09WMFGJN9/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=73B95VG44LC2&keywords=rubber+jar+opener&qid=1672606643&sprefix=rubber+jar+opene,aps,465&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExNDFHMkxRWVo3OE9LJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTczNTA1MThaSEJMMlpOVkg4WiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNTg5NzcwM04xWlZaTjg1TjdVMyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Okla68

There is an Aussie guy making stainless steel grinders that uses a bearing and large scallops for grip and ease of spinning,
Wonder how many 1,000's of grinders theyll have to sell just to pay for that machine and at What Price ?

OyVape

As someone who went through several grinders (including BCG and flower mill) trying to find one that I could use with a weak left hand, I understand your issue.

I wound up purchasing a Phoenician grinder with the bumper rings and have been very pleased with it.
@kazz, can you tell us about your experience with the BCG an Flower Mill—and what you like about the Phoenician?

kazz

Sure. I have nerve damage to my left hand which has left it's grip very weak. I had been using a Space Case grinder and decided to replace it when the large size of the BCG came out. I purchased a large one and it was simply too slick for me to hold on to. I tried the rubber pads used to open jars and other things, but I never managed to actually grind a nugget with it. To be fair, the regular size BCG might have afforded me a better grip. But, I sold it.

I purchaed a Flower Mill grinder and still own it. It does a good job on dry weed. But, I like to keep mine a bit moister ( 62%) and it has a tendency to ball up. It will eventually grind it, but it's a LOT of work. If you like your weed on the drier side, it will do a good job for you.

Someone here or on Reddit told me about the Phoenician. I purchased a large with the added rubber bumpers. It grinds very quickly, has quarter turn locking threads so it doesnt get stuck shut and hard to open. Changeable screens. AND I can hold on to it!

All of these grinders are good at what they do. Just with a weak grip, I find the Phoenician to be best for my needs.

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I use a 3" Cannabis Hardware Arm Band fine grinder successfully with a Dyna, ELEV8Rs (baller & torch) and an OG E-Nano all which share some similarities to the vapes you have listed. What's good about it is that it is easy to grip, provides good leverage, and at fifty dollars the price is not bad. Downsides, if you are coming from grinders with more parts, you will find have managing the process more hands on. As to coffee grinders, they work, but you need to be quick and be willing to accept some occasional failures.
I have been using my Herb Ripper (medium plate) for a couple years or so, and was recently gifted a CH grinder a few months ago. I have been gravitating to my CH as of late. The finer grind works really well.

It is a shame it doesn't have a storage compartment, but really not a biggie. I would say my biggest complaint about it is that opening the lid post grind is pretty messy, and often I need a small brush to clear weed out between the teeth. That is probably normal for fine grinders? It is a very comfortable to use grinder.

Brilliant Cut Grinders are very very smooth. I went with my Herb Ripper and sold my BCG but really just because I really didn't like the center post. It's not horrible, I just didn't want to deal with it. I also love my Herb Ripper, but it's small and terrible on the hands.

I think you'll be okay with anything in a natural comfortable hand position will be fine. What you need to do is just lightly pack up the grinder.

acstorfer,
Reactions: LesPlenty

kazz

I purchaed a Flower Mill grinder and still own it. It does a good job on dry weed. But, I like to keep mine a bit moister ( 62%) and it has a tendency to ball up. It will eventually grind it, but it's a LOT of work. If you like your weed on the drier side, it will do a good job for you.

I forgot to mention that the Flower Mill is easy to grip with my hand. Its not hard to turn at any time.

kazz,

Lobby

So I did get a cheap coffee grinder and I find it too hard to control the grind with it. I went with a BCG second and love it. But since getting the large BCG I have hardly been doing any grinding. I had been vaping just CBD flower but recently have added THC flower. Being new to THC flower I find I need very little flower to kill the pain.

I find the BCG easier to use than my Herb Ripper but my Ripper is the regular sized one and my hands like the larger sized BCG better.

Top Bottom