Which Dynavap for someone with asthma?

westchop

I’m going to get a Dynavap for my first vape. I’m also going to get DDave’s long water wand and a water piece. In case I’m able to tolerate vaping some times without water, I’m wondering if the vapor from an Omni XL is noticeably cooler than say an M with a ti tip and ti mouthpiece. And if so, is there enough difference to justify almost doubling the price? How about the long water wand used dry with just a tip and cap? Does anyone know how the vapor temp from that setup compares to the other 2 options?

Thanks for any help you can provide!:)

ps In case it matters, I'll be vaping high-cbd hemp flower. My asthma is well controlled on 1 puff a day of high-dose Advair and the only time I needed my rescue inhaler was recently when I tried smoking the flower in a bong.

westchop,
Reactions: Helios

Ech0_

I don't own a dyna vap so I can't comment on which one to get, however there is a technique called mouth to lung, where you use the dyna vap like a cigarette, pull vapor slowly into mouth, inhale when you've pulled in all you can, but making sure to inhale just enough to clear vapor, then repeat until your lungs are full etc, it is supposed to help alot with cooling the vapor sans a water piece.

I would message natural farmer on here and ask for link to his video that shows it, I tried searching the dynavap thread but wasn't having any luck finding it.

**Edit: Found video -

Additionally, alot of irritation can be caused by plant matter making its way into your lungs rather than vapor temp, you can purchase degummed hemp wick stuff, roll it into a disk and put it between the bowl's grate and air way so it stops anything coming through.

I have asthma and irritable lungs, when I mouth to lung on my Mighty I can take higher temps to start with for what its worth...

westchop

Thanks Ech0. That's really helpful. :) What a great video! I can't wait to try this technique and the hemp fiber too.

westchop,

westchop

Thanks Ricardo. Yeah, I'm almost ready to order everything. I'll check out that bubbler. :)

The only reason I'd get the Omni is if the vapor is noticeably cooler than through the M or through the long water wand fitted with a Ti tip. This would be so I could try vaping dry to see if my lungs can tolerate it.

westchop,

Ricardo

Actually that's not the same one a few of us were raving about a while back, or the one I got, but they have loads of glass.
I don't find the Omni necessarily less harsh than the M, I think what you put in it is more pertinent.
Some good tips above from @Ech0_ re toking techniques....you'll figure it out :tup:

westchop

Good news! I just placed my order for DDave's Complete VapCap Water Wands Kit with the Showerhead 14mm Water Pipe! What a great deal! I can't wait to try my first vape!

Thanks you guys for answering my questions and helping me figure out what to get. :)

KC2K

Sorry I'm late to the show but I have asthma too and I have an M and a Ti Woody S. IMO the main issue with the M is the draw, it's like sucking an egg through a straw if the right technique isn't used (mouth breathing or using the carb hole). You can also file the tip to make it easier. The restricted draw occasionally kicks off my asthma. The woody or the omni maybe better due to ease of draw. There's a couple of really good ideas in the 'best of ' thread for VapCaps which covers the help filter, filing etc.

Hope that helps, my M and Woody are my every day runners, feel free to pm me if you have any other questions :)

KC2K

@westchop no I have the 2017 but there really isn't much difference in the functionality, as far as I'm aware it's more cosmetic difference between the body of the M's. Not used a 2018 cap or ss tip.

Like I said, I love my M. You just need to do mouth to lung which helps to cool the vape a little. If you prefer device to lung just leave the carb open at least 50%, this way often kicks my asthma off but I've never tried through a whip or a water tool. You can also file a few grooves in your as tip to help with air flow.

If you are going to using water you can buy a tip for your vc so it will fit a 14" adapter instead of buying a vong. I think the tip\cover for your mouthpiece is about a dollar/ £

westchop

Thanks. I think my main use will be with M tip and cap on the water wand through the bong. The water wand has no carb and I was advised that that makes it work better through a bong.

Is the Ti Woody S an easier draw natively or just through water? What gives it an easier draw? Is it the Ti tip or is it something else? :)

westchop,

KC2K

The Ti Woody is so much easier. It's all in the Ti tip. It has more grooves for air flow.

personally I love my M using a Ti tip, best of all worlds :)

As far as water tools are concerned, I am sadly lacking

westchop

KC2K

Nice, heard a lot of good things about the Ddave set up but unfortunately I'm over the other side of the pond. I think you'll love it, it's a great bit of kit. It does take a little learning but that's what people are here for.

Check out 'The best of' dynavap thread if you haven't all ready. The actual dynavap thread is monstrous but some awesome people on it who will help.

Tbh i have the M, Woody and a Mighty. I'm finding it really hard to justify buying anymore vapes because the three i have cover all the bases....Damn you awesome vapes!!!! Ha ha

Welcome to the club :)

westchop

Thanks for all your help. I'll check out that thread. I agree, lots of awesome people here. I was completely lost until I found this place. :)

westchop,
Reactions: KC2K

Vapor4me

I have DDave's set, which I was running on a M 2017, but I find the draw restriction to be too much.

In the meantime I also got a M2018, and the air flow is much better. I can see this setup working better with DDave's set.

One of the things I like about the VC's is the hot vapour. I'm asthmatic too, and the hot vapour has had me chocking before. This is considerably reduced when using water.

V4M

Vapor4me

:) Thanks V4M, that's good to know. Do you ever feel a need for a larger bong to cool it even more?

It's a personal thing. Bigger water pipe and more percolation mean a cooler, smoother hit, but flavour is lost, and you need more lungs to clear the chamber... and I love flavour. For flavour hits, I heat the VC for a bit longer, but further away from the fire: By the time it clicks vapour will be wispy, but the flavours :razz: you can even use the glass without water, that alone with cool the vapour.

V4M

abcd5432

I don't know how many users in this thread have asthma, but me personally op, I would prefer a longer path. I'd use the dynavap with water, or spend more and get another vape with a longer whip or something. Using my dynavap direct is hit or miss for me. I don't have the lung strength to even pull and get a good hit sometimes. If it was me, I'd invest as much as it takes to make sure I protect my lungs.
Especially since I just got out of the hospital for a worst asthma attack I've ever had. Still recovering, can barely breath after a small walk. Granted I had a couple of other factors going on, but I could easily order some bud and smoke right now but because I only have my dynavap and no water piece, I'm not going to risk it.

I like to have precise temperature control usually especially when I'm direct drawing into my lungs.

KC2K

Asthma is so specific to the individual, it's more a case of suck it and see what works for you. Just don't take chances with asthma, if you can feel it affecting you then try something else.

I'm fine most of the time using my VapCap native and yes I do have asthma :)

KC2K,
Reactions: westchop

westchop

I don't know how many users in this thread have asthma, but me personally op, I would prefer a longer path. I'd use the dynavap with water, or spend more and get another vape with a longer whip or something. Using my dynavap direct is hit or miss for me. I don't have the lung strength to even pull and get a good hit sometimes. If it was me, I'd invest as much as it takes to make sure I protect my lungs.
Especially since I just got out of the hospital for a worst asthma attack I've ever had. Still recovering, can barely breath after a small walk. Granted I had a couple of other factors going on, but I could easily order some bud and smoke right now but because I only have my dynavap and no water piece, I'm not going to risk it.

I like to have precise temperature control usually especially when I'm direct drawing into my lungs.

abcd5432, I know what you mean about protecting your lungs. My asthma isn't anywhere near as bad as yours and I don't want it to get worse. I was hoping to be able to use the dynavap natively but I definitely need a water piece. If you have any suggestions on one that's easy to clean and sanitize so I'm not inhaling any mold or other organisms, I'd love to know. :) Seems like ice catchers, percs, etc get in the way of cleaning.

Asthma is so specific to the individual, it's more a case of suck it and see what works for you. Just don't take chances with asthma, if you can feel it affecting you then try something else.

I'm fine most of the time using my VapCap native and yes I do have asthma :)

KC2K, I wish I could use mine natively. I picked the dynavap because there's no question of there being any plastic, batteries, circuit boards, etc. in the air path which, I was surprised to learn, is rare among vapes.

abcd5432

I hate to do this to you, but if you can get a mobius clutch knock off so it. I broke mine. It was the best dynavap piece ever out of all of my glass pieces. I have maybe 10+ so not a lot, and a number of those are recyclers, but God... That pairing rocked.

I'm using my 16 inch mobius with a matrix perc in the middle normal mobius downstem. It only has 1 spot on the matrix perc in the middle where I can not for the life of me get a piece of gunk to come off. Otherwise the piece is clean.

I think the gunk is from when I combusted as it was my first glass piece. I just want to smoke though, and don't want to risk anything, so I'm using the big mobius and not worrying about flavor. Sky high though.

The dynavap has been my hardest vape to pair with a bubbler or bong effectively. It seems to be picky.
My minivap, da Buddha which is now replaced by a flowerpot never had a problem. The dynavap was the first thing I used with pieces where I was disappointed. I think the mobius clutch has the least water of all my pieces, so I'd go with that guideline. The popular choices probably work well.
My portable experience currently is the expensive minivap (both of mine need to be sent back... Now that I'm active again I need to talk to them asap and get those boys back in business) and the dynavap. Wish I had more experience to help you, my next pickup is gonna be the da Vinci miqro to see how that works. You can attach a water mouthpiece to it quite easily or dock it into a bubbler or bong.

It seems I didn't even give you my full story which would be useful to someone with asthma like you or anyone else who is looking into vaping weed coming from smoking. I got my big bong because I had asthma and was trying to protect my lungs. I was burning bowl after bowl, and I was in Texas, where I just wasn't getting the quality bud I was used to. Not that this really matters, I was going to build up tolerance too anyways.
Then, I broke down and look into ways to extend the efficiency of my weed and came across vaping. I don't I had made it to this forum yet or maybe I had, but I luckily made a great choice in the da Buddha vape. Boom, wrecked off a quarter of the bud. The taste? Amazing... It's like I was eating the thing. What? It doesn't have to taste burnt?when I get good smelling bud... I taste that smell!? Crazy!
Then Temps. Wow... So much easier on my lungs. I had to actually get smaller pieces now! Thank God I made it here at that point, because I couldn't afford another mobius. Well didn't want to pay for one that's for sure!

After that, I changed my opinion on vaping completely. Any price was worth it to vape. So I next got the minivap, which even has better flavor. I think it still may be my best flavor vaporizer, ask @stickstones, he's got it as well as some of the other new ones. The minivap as my portable go to. Big battery, not discreet though. Also, it doesn't have the attachment lid that you can custom buy, you have to attach the glass by whip attachment. It's not terrible, but the lid was expensive and worth it to me to keep using my piece easily with glass, because while the minivap was amazing and didn't need water... I did feel times my asthma hurt a bit with the whip, or I just wanted to bang a bowl out, and wanted to use the big mobius.

Obviously, if budget is an issue the dynavap is an amazing choice, otherwise... Vaping, as long as the vapor quality is top notch, I'll pay for it. A great convection vaporizer with amazing taste and easy on lungs, it's really hard to ignore it.

It changed Marijuana for me to the next level. I went from OK... I like this, to this is the shit. The highs are different, my roommate noticed too and he isn't a smoker but he felt the same way I did after a couple of times. It's cleaner. It feels like a cleaner high. With so little downsides once you introduce vaping, and with the efficiency of your bud going so far you spend far less money... I mean... I remember wondering how kids in college could just throw away so much money every week. Especially when for me 1 hit would wreck my back then. Now... With vaping it's stupidly affordable. Anyone who wants to smoke can smoke at my place, I don't think about it. Now that I'm in Cali... Jesus.... The last shit I got was 1/4 the price of what I pay for an ounce in Texas which isn't that bad. With these kind of prices.. I don't even know how you stay in business if everyone whiches to vaping. I actually started to get worried when I got here and saw some of the prices, but then, the general public is still extremely behind. I've never met a smoker in real life that actually knows anything about vapes, bongs, or grinders. Everyone uses joints, blunts, or a really crazy cheap contraption. I really don't understand it.

One technique, probably obvious, but start low Temps if you're really worried if you have temp control. The minivap made it easy for me to do that with the 4 temp settings. Sadly, with my flowerpot, with a literal digital temp in front of me, I still was dumb enough to send myself into an asthma attack just starting at my typical 625. With precise control though I could start at 500 end at 700 and always pull controlled hits until all my bud is completely vaporized (tried saving it and using it, got nothing from it, granted it's not like I'm ever not vaping....).

I mean, I only really got myself sick from also not taking care of myself well. Otherwise, I've vaped for awhile with no issues whatsoever to my asthma.

That's a wall of text I'm sorry I can tell. I like vaping too much now.

abcd5432,
Reactions: westchop
Top Bottom