When did you start vaporizing over combustion?

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
And what turned you on to it?

I always knew vaporizers were a thing, but the investment seemed like too much to bother for me, initially. Which is funny, because I've never liked smoking. Weak lungs and a damaged esophagus (long story) means that even bong hits are typically pretty painful for me, and I hate the smell of smoke sticking to my clothes. Still, all my friends smoked, so I've just associated the enjoyment of the high with the pain that comes with getting there.

I had a friend in college who would always call me to smoke, but knew how much I hated he. He invited me over one day and, as if sensing that I would decline, mentioned he bought a vaporizer. So the MFLB was the first vape I tried and, man... it was definitely different, but the realization that I could enjoy smoking without the smoke part was MINDBLOWING.

Over the last two years, I'd look into a few vapes, never pulling the trigger. Around June of this year, though, found a local selling their grasshopper for dirt cheap and picked it up, found the "grasshopper fixes" resource on here, and never looked back.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I was in class and some stranger next to me saw my desktop that had a folder that said "MFLB Warranty Stuff". And he goes, is that for the magic flight box? I was like wow yeah it is! He invited me to his dorm to try a "real" vape. It was the E-Nano. I got so fucking stoned, I basically never smoked again and bought two vapes for the conversion, and E-Nano, and an Arizer Air.
Obviously, him and I are good friends now, and it's years later.

blackstone

In Amsterdam 2013 I saw young American tourists using Volcano bags and like many passers by I was amused.
I had seen it somewhere maybe on USA medical vids.
At that time I thought it was mostly taste they were getting, and (tobacco mix) joints were my thing for the rest of time.
I also photographed some early portables in a window there and I had seen the concept somewhere else.
Although familiar with the sight of the Verdamper from the 90s, I thought it was a pipe.

Later when medical and dental people constantly pressured me on smoking, I knew I'd have to go one step above pipes so I went looking.
If you told me back then I'd one day have a Volcano and some great companions for it I'd say you were on drugs.

First vape I tried was a Vaporbrothers back in 2010. A friend owned one and would bring it out every so often. I thought it was cool and started doing research, but didn’t jump in right away. I also used a MFLB around that time. Finally bought my first vape in October 2012 (Da Buddha) and never looked back!

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
2004 while in Nevada working to tax & regulate cannabis for adult use. The State level non-profit under MPP forced us to quit smoking... Haven't looked back at combustion as a logical way of consumption since then. Vaping was much easier to conceal and has saved me thousands of dollars since then along with my lungs and health.

CANtalk

I started vaping ~5 years ago now. I had a friend who was big into cannabis (combustion). This was also the same time of the release of the Crafty and Mighty vapes :nod:. Both of them exploded onto the vaping scene with S&B quality, usefulness, simpleness and highly rated reviews... all in a portable evape. My friend was open-minded and willing to take the plunge based on the information and feedback I gave him... a quality portable evape hit his sweet spot for convenience and the budget wasn't a huge deal.

I still remember the first time vaping and never looked back either :tup:. It was with my friend's new Crafty evape, the day he got it (and at the same first time as him). The bowl size seemed small (compared to a J) :lol:. It was a confluence of new events too for me with new sources of quality flower (available by the strain instead of unknown). The result of that combination was a powerful, potent and awesome experience :science:.

(I agree with the vaping studies I've observed finding it be ~50% more efficient <higher dose> than combustion).

I sought vaping out every time I could after that :nod:. I bought my first vape two years later, simultaneously enjoying more at-home recreational cannabis :peace:. There's basically been no combustion for me since then. I bought my second vape two years after that. And I have all my bases covered from discrete ultraportable to premium desktop.

Cannabis is legal here, mail it, grow it at home (most everywhere), fly with it and your portable evape... there's specific guidance and allowances all of this. Bless / Hail Canada and legal cannabis :peace::leaf:.

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I started with a MFLB a friend borrowed me, bought one myself soon afterwards, loved it a lot. Then I upgraded to a Davinci IQ, loved it even more. But while I was able to cut down the amount of joints per day substantially, it couldn't make me stop – the effects where the same, they were actually even better than smoking, but it still felt so different from having a decent lungfucking smoke. That changed instantly the day I purchased my Dynavap M18: the handling of a j, the throat hit of a j, being able to put it away for a while like I could with a j → that did the trick for me. Since then I have never combusted again.

kuzko

Originally, my high school buddies and I heard vaporizers made so smoking weed didn’t smell lol. That was over 15 years ago when vaporizers were unheard of and were all globes or boxes with whips. It quickly became apparent that it still smelled super dank when vaporizing. I would vaporize on and off for a few years before I just continued smoking.

Eventually though, I became disgusted with smoking. I was coughing and had nasty phlegm and smoke breath. Then I got a Volcano and never looked back, negative symptoms went completely away and I could consume in comfort. A whole new outlook on cannabis and smoke. Went from daily smoker in my youth to now I refuse any smoke offered to me even if there’s no other option. Vape life.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I'd primarily smoked spleefs, bowls and one hitters for a very long time and then I was at a friends home and his buddy stopped by with a Volcano in a travel case! It was pretty early in the afternoon and oh what and afternoon that turned out to be. I'm not sure how long I plotted on where and what to get for a first vape. For privacy I was uncomfortable with mail order and then was on a ski trip in British Columbia which my non-skiing wife tagged along for. While I was skiing she hit up a couple of head shops, flicked her hair and got some great advice. On the way to dinner that night she dragged me back to the shop and in short I ended up buying 7th Floor DaBuddha which I still own to this day. That was in 2010.

The last time I combusted was at a reggae show on the island of Jamaica. It tasted like an ash tray, luckily I had a friend in attendance who had a Pax3 with him. Now I keep a DaBuddha, a DynaVap M and a Vivant Alternate down there. Those will soon be joined by an RBT Splinter Z and a NewVape Weedeater. #FuckCombustion! Cheers my fellow vapers! <He raises his stereo matrix with freshly loaded bowl and takes a draw from the NewVape ShowerHead>

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I used to love smoking pot when I was younger, then I didn't use it for many years. It was 6-7 years ago when it all hit me at once. The fact that I lived in a medical state and had a qualifying condition, the fact that you could vaporize it rather than smoking, and that I could actually walk into a store (dispensary) and buy weed over the counter.

That first time where I walked into the dispensary was unnerving and magical at the same time. It just blew my mind that I had come home with legal marijuana. It smelled so good, just like it used to, only better.
Hello old friend. :clap:

My first vaporizer was the Vapor Brothers box vape,which was great but a bit bulky. I now own a graveyard of vapes along with a few daily drivers, and I'm still playing the field.

dron19

I smoked since I was 15. Always coughing always getting bronchitis. But kept smoking. For 30years. Then I saw vape critic he made me laugh and I started reading about what's the difference in vaping and smoking. In the meantime I quit smoking cigarettes because I finally just had enough. Then I switched to vaping. Now I don't have asthma problems, no interest in smoking anything. And I feel so much better it's ridiculous. Best thing I ever did.

strech

About 10 years or so ago I picked up my first vape. A MFLB from there it was vape on. I used that box for like 3 months straight then at a party I combusted. Man o man did it taste bad. I remember even telling the guy how bad his weed was cause it tasted so bad. Then the next day I packed a spoon at home and realized hey that nasty taste was the combustion. Fast forward 10 years and a handful of vapes, I'm still vaping and now have added a joint every night while out walking the dog. The joint is usually a nice nightcap. I know I know fuck combustion but one doobie a day can't hurt!

dron19

About 10 years or so ago I picked up my first vape. A MFLB from there it was vape on. I used that box for like 3 months straight then at a party I combusted. Man o man did it taste bad. I remember even telling the guy how bad his weed was cause it tasted so bad. Then the next day I packed a spoon at home and realized hey that nasty taste was the combustion. Fast forward 10 years and a handful of vapes, I'm still vaping and now have added a joint every night while out walking the dog. The joint is usually a nice nightcap. I know I know fuck combustion but one doobie a day can't hurt!
And one a day is a lot better than five a day (plus for me add 2 packs cigs a day).

dron19,
Reactions: rnartian

strech

And one a day is a lot better than five a day (plus for me add 2 packs cigs a day).
Yes, 1 a day ain't bad. I did walk the dog twice yesterday so I did roll 2 up. With winter setting in the dog doesn't like the cold. So my joint consumption will drop to maybe 1 a week.

I'm lucky I never took up cigs. I did however chew. Quit that last year and happily haven't looked back.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Yes, 1 a day ain't bad. I did walk the dog twice yesterday so I did roll 2 up. With winter setting in the dog doesn't like the cold. So my joint consumption will drop to maybe 1 a week.

I'm lucky I never took up cigs. I did however chew. Quit that last year and happily haven't looked back.

I'm not interested in smoking joints anymore, but I do still like the smell of a lit joint. It reminds me of my college days and such.

Top Bottom