WhatsApp ??

MinnBobber

I used it a couple years ago but now need to again. Their info seems to say you can only use it over your phone.
I swear there was a tricky work-around where I was able to use it on my Samsung tablet.

Any guidance from WhatsApp users?
I need to use it Minnesota to Amsterdam connect.
Thanks

And you can use phone or send texts, correct??

MinnBobber,

HD Springer

All I know is the WhatsApp app has given me the opportunity to "butt dial" my good friend @phattpiggie at least 2 times from across the pond. I'd say they make it entirely too easy for my iPhone skillz or lack there of.

HD Springer,
Reactions: macbill

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@MinnBobber as @Stu says you need a mobile. I'll look into the PC side of it, thanks Stu.

@HD Springer and myself have been using it for a while, it helps if you don't drop your fone often.
HD's camera has one or two issues now.

It makes global communications so easy and it's 'free', all part of your existing mobile or home contracts.

I've got a few FC'ers in my contacts now.
WI, KS, MS, PA and PR to the UK would cost a fortune to fone without it.

No advertising and crap as with another app called Line.

Edit, my fone decides what font size to use as and when it feels like it on here.

MinnBobber

I have a basic smart phone (TRAC fone) and a basic Samsung tablet and my laptop.
Use from tablet would be great.
My phone is a piece of sheeeet and bad hearing so don't use much. Text is possible but I hate the small/tight keys etc.

WhatsApp from tablet and laptop would be slick.
thanks for any help to get good instructions how to setup.

MinnBobber,

Doktor Dub

@MinnBobber Generaly Whatsapp is bound to a telephone Number, so you first have to set it up on your Phone. After doing this, there are apps and a web / Browser Version for Mac / PC / iPad / Android Tablet (like your Samsung) which you can use.
These Apps act like a remote control for your Phone, so this has to be in the same Network.

If you still have troubel to set this up write me, my GF has a Samsung Tablet and uses it all the time for WhatsApp.

Have a great Day!

Top Bottom