• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What's your favorite torch or lighter to use with the Vapcap?

Mr. Me2

As I continue to get engrossed by the Vapcap thread, I learn something new everyday. But it's a long thread and finding info isn't always so easy. But fc'ers (and in particular, @Squiby and @natural farmer to name a couple) are UNBELIEVABLY helpful in providing info.

I thought I'd start this thread to get the expert and experienced info from those in the know about their favorite heating devices and methods. I thought of this because of a couple of @Squiby's recent posts with torch suggestions.

So please list your faves. And pictures, links, and videos will be much appreciated too!

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
Hey Mr. Me2!
It's been a few months since I'm using this lighter :
xikar-tech-lighter-525cl-clear_3_.jpg

For now, it's seems reliable. The build quality is excellent,the tank is big and there is a little wheel on the bottom as you can see, in order to ajust the flame.

I've the double jet version, and this is my favorite lighter for now :)

@emmdeemo, wow this is massive! Be careful to not solder the cap :D

Last edited:

Baron23

I like the Vertigo four flame and three flame (in a line) that George sells. Seems about as cheap as anywhere or close.

I have bought a couple of these three flame in a triangle lighters on Amazon and they work very well also.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CPPJ4YQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

What I have found is that each different type of lighter interacts with the VapCap in an oh-so-slightly different. I combusted with the triangle triple flame Vertigo when I first got them because I just didn't believe that I got the click that damn fast.....so, respect the click...ALWAYS.

Other than that...its personal choice and budget.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I started this thread because this is another area I need to learn.

And jeez, @emmdeemo ! Your fave looks like a welder's tool! ;):lol::cool:

Thanks for kicking this thread off!!

Its the torch I use for my quartz banger so its always the closest to hand when I'm at home :)

Dont worry! I ALWAYS respect the click ;)

EDIT:
so, respect the click...ALWAYS.

Hell yeah. I really need this on a tshirt :)

poonman

Squiby

I have had my best luck with Honest brand lighters. Here are some favorites.

For out and about I use this single jet lighter. It has a good sized tank for being a small lighter and has been reliable so far. For me, it is the most practical lighter for out and about.
$_1.JPG

I love this Honest lighter. She's a beauty. It has a smooth heavy metal body that fits perfectly in my hand, but the tank is small, so it's not very practical and I love it just the same. I have it with my setup by the tub. It has a very narrow fine single jet and therefore requires a more coordinated heating technique; twirling the VC in one hand while moving the single flame up and down over a portion of the cap, starting with the bottom half and moving toward the top of the cap with successive heating cycles. I enjoy the ritual.
2997834279_905204476.jpg

The Dynavap quad is excellent. I've used it a lot and I find the quad offers a quick even heat up and coolest flavor bowls, if you want. Or you can go for high heat clouds. It comes with an attractive heavy woven sleeve that would nicely match a carbon body VC. Quads rock!

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/accessories/quad-torch-lighter

1px.gif

My current favorite for indoors is this Honest quad desk lighter. It offers pure laziness. Just rest the Vapcap on the open lid and twirl. It heats to a perfect click in two seconds flat retaining flavor through multiple tokes. The tank is huge and it sits square and stable. I'm going to get another for back up. I'm really enjoying this one.
UONJQSV.jpg

I do find the quad lighters to be the most versatile and easiest to use. It is quickest to the click. I would recommend a quad to a novice Vapcaper as it requires the least technique with great results.

Single jets require more technique, that can be refined with practise and the ritual is enjoyable. I have friends that do not have the coordination to twirl in one hand while moving the other hand up and down. So, single jets may not be for everyone.

Mr. Me2

I have had my best luck with Honest brand lighters. Here are some favorites.

For out and about I use this single jet lighter. It has a good sized tank for being a small lighter and has been reliable so far. For me, it is the most practical lighter for out and about.
$_1.JPG

I love this Honest lighter. She's a beauty. It has a smooth heavy metal body that fits perfectly in my hand, but the tank is small, so it's not very practical and I love it just the same. I have it with my setup by the tub. It has a very narrow fine single jet and therefore requires a more coordinated heating technique; twirling the VC in one hand while moving the single flame up and down over a portion of the cap, starting with the bottom half and moving toward the top of the cap with successive heating cycles. I enjoy the ritual.
2997834279_905204476.jpg

The Dynavap quad is excellent. I've used it a lot and I find the quad offers a quick even heat up and coolest flavor bowls, if you want. Or you can go for high heat clouds. It comes with an attractive heavy woven sleeve that would nicely match a carbon body VC. Quads rock!

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/accessories/quad-torch-lighter

1px.gif

My current favorite for indoors is this Honest quad desk lighter. It offers pure laziness. Just rest the Vapcap on the open lid and twirl. It heats to a perfect click in two seconds flat retaining flavor through multiple tokes. The tank is huge and it sits square and stable. I'm going to get another for back up. I'm really enjoying this one.
UONJQSV.jpg

I do find the quad lighters to be the most versatile and easiest to use. It is quickest to the click. I would recommend a quad to a novice Vapcaper as it requires the least technique with great results.

Single jets require more technique, that can be refined with practise and the ritual is enjoyable. I have friends that do not have the coordination to twirl in one hand while moving the other hand up and down. So, single jets may not be for everyone.
Thx @Squiby ! Do you know if the small metal Honest lighter fits in @Ratchett's vapcap case?

nalls

I like the Vertigo four flame and three flame (in a line) that George sells. Seems about as cheap as anywhere or close.

I have bought a couple of these three flame in a triangle lighters on Amazon and they work very well also.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CPPJ4YQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

What I have found is that each different type of lighter interacts with the VapCap in an oh-so-slightly different. I combusted with the triangle triple flame Vertigo when I first got them because I just didn't believe that I got the click that damn fast.....so, respect the click...ALWAYS.

Other than that...its personal choice and budget.
I want to try the 3 inline flame at some point but I agree with you on the vertigo triangle flame on Amazon. Its cheap, durable, clear tank, lasts all day and hasn't let me down in the year of use. Once I thought about turning it so the one flame was on the end of the cap and the two towards the condenser it was a total game changer. Quick big consistent hits.

I have a cheap single that I don't care for because it takes 2-3x's as long until click and sometimes the flame doesn't go out which is a slight hazard. The vertigo quad from George is also pretty good but I didn't get to test it too much as I don't remember where I left it lol

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
My favorite is one of those cheap single flame "jet 1300-C Butane lighters" from china (with POWER written in black on the tank) from places like 'DX DealeXtreme'. Bought six of 'em 3 years ago and have only opened 2, both of which get used regularly(one daily for those 2 years) and still work like the day I got 'em, they also run off of the cheapest drugstore crap butane with no problems.

Another favorite of mine... and my on-the-go torch is my Vapman torch that's never failed me either although I kinda save it to use with the VM it works great with my VapCaps too.

I have a couple of double and triple flame torches and don't care for how (for me) they heat too much of cap at one time or how they eat up butane, the single flame's though slower to heat to vaping temp seem to provide me with a lot more control leaving Dark Brown as opposed to Black AVB from my V'caps.

:peace:

Last edited:

Baron23

I want to try the 3 inline flame at some point but I agree with you on the vertigo triangle flame on Amazon. Its cheap, durable, clear tank, lasts all day and hasn't let me down in the year of use. Once I thought about turning it so the one flame was on the end of the cap and the two towards the condenser it was a total game changer. Quick big consistent hits.

I have a cheap single that I don't care for because it takes 2-3x's as long until click and sometimes the flame doesn't go out which is a slight hazard. The vertigo quad from George is also pretty good but I didn't get to test it too much as I don't remember where I left it lol
I actually do the opposite...two flames toward the cap and one on the digger outer because the first time I used this lighter I combusted not believing I was getting the click that fast. Seems that the flame was hotter when brand new and has settled down some but still about 2 seconds to click...sometimes three but with this lighter more often 2 seconds.

I respect the click ALWAYS now.

Mr. Me2

Look away and back away from the computer before TAS (Torch Aquisition Syndrome) sets in.
Thanks. I'm still shaking a little...

Does anyone know or can they post the lighter that looks a little like the Tin Man's oil can that was posted in the Vapcap thread? I couldn't find it to add it here.

Really like the look of that Honest double torch (and @Squiby's desktop). Thanks @Morty !

Cowputer

This single flame eagle torch is what I use on a daily basis with my OG great flame control and tank capacity.

OEA86Tj.jpg

One of the back up a quicker 2 flame eagle torch with small tank but a small discret size.

YN7vtpK.jpg

I had a couple of triple flame units including one from George but they have failed on me.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
This single flame eagle torch is what I use on a daily basis with my OG great flame control and tank capacity.

OEA86Tj.jpg

One of the back up a quicker 2 flame eagle torch with small tank but a small discret size.

YN7vtpK.jpg

I had a couple of triple flame units including one from George but they have failed on me.

I have 4 of these eagles I use with the OG. I don't understand why I have to turn the flame up as the tank gets lower. In turn it makes a bigger flame that just drains the tank faster lol.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Okay so I'm not saying I've spent a lot of time looking at torch lighters, but I've spent a lot of time looking at torch lighters.
My Hong Jing has been my first love even tho we had a little open torch surgery to replace or reconnect little bits of silicone tubing.
@invertedisdead I had the same problem with this torch and had to reposition the adjuster to get a consistent flame thru the whole tank. For less than £2 it's been money well spent. The windshield mod made it even better twice the burn time out of the tank and it's a proper windproof torch with it.
UxLc9wKm.jpg
mnH6HOcm.jpg

I've now got these to play with a little more expensive £3ish each.
kuYKNzZm.jpg

They feel better quality and the tank is bigger so it'll be good to see what they end up being like, with and without wind shield.

I've also been looking at the tabletop style like you have @Squiby, but from a different angle.
Vector sell crystal bases for these, but a custom wood has to better.
delWvpa.jpg

After my post in the VC thread about heating and flame length I had a thought that it may be worth a try at getting all VC'ers to understand how we all use our torches. Power, distance and if multi jet where the jets are in relation to the cap. We all have a common denominator, the cap.
So to explain how my torch is used here's a description using my new triple jet.

VC an inch away from the top surface of the torch, inner blue flame 8/9mm or two thirds of the diameter of the cap, single flame cap end double on the digger side, same as @nalls.
Hit and run bowl single flame between the D and Y, doubles land between the N and A. Done in 2 or 3 cycles with the second being the money shot for thick vapor.
Longer session bowl is basically the same but I move the single flame to the groove or so it licks the flat surface of the cap. Done in 6 or more I think 10 has been my max, most cycles are lite and tasty to neutral at the end.

Mr. Me2

Okay so I'm not saying I've spent a lot of time looking at torch lighters, but I've spent a lot of time looking at torch lighters.
My Hong Jing has been my first love even tho we had a little open torch surgery to replace or reconnect little bits of silicone tubing.
@invertedisdead I had the same problem with this torch and had to reposition the adjuster to get a consistent flame thru the whole tank. For less than £2 it's been money well spent. The windshield mod made it even better twice the burn time out of the tank and it's a proper windproof torch with it.
UxLc9wKm.jpg
mnH6HOcm.jpg

I've now got these to play with a little more expensive £3ish each.
kuYKNzZm.jpg

They feel better quality and the tank is bigger so it'll be good to see what they end up being like, with and without wind shield.

I've also been looking at the tabletop style like you have @Squiby, but from a different angle.
Vector sell crystal bases for these, but a custom wood has to better.
delWvpa.jpg

After my post in the VC thread about heating and flame length I had a thought that it may be worth a try at getting all VC'ers to understand how we all use our torches. Power, distance and if multi jet where the jets are in relation to the cap. We all have a common denominator, the cap.
So to explain how my torch is used here's a description using my new triple jet.

VC an inch away from the top surface of the torch, inner blue flame 8/9mm or two thirds of the diameter of the cap, single flame cap end double on the digger side, same as @nalls.
Hit and run bowl single flame between the D and Y, doubles land between the N and A. Done in 2 or 3 cycles with the second being the money shot for thick vapor.
Longer session bowl is basically the same but I move the single flame to the groove or so it licks the flat surface of the cap. Done in 6 or more I think 10 has been my max, most cycles are lite and tasty to neutral at the end.
@phattpiggie , I LOVE where you're going with the lighter inserts. They're just screaming for a base made by... Do I have to say it?

For home use, I think having this functional work of art as a nice coffee table accessory is ideal. And if the inserts with the flip cap can also serve as a rest for the Vapcap while it heats, even better (the way @Squiby describes using the Honest desktop lighter).

Top Bottom