whats the best crack pot to buy for the oil extraction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pressure

Im very big on brands, for vitamins, and other electronics. I want to try oil extraction tomorrow and I want to buy a crack pot, but which one? is there one that works better then others or has a feature I should look out for?

pressure,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
What are you planning to do with the oil? Edibles, tincture, vaping, dabbing?

CurryLeafTreehugger

Unless you have like a pound of ABV or buds, get the Little Dipper. It is a one speed small crockpot that comes with a little plastic lid. Used to retail for around $10. You might find it with decorative glass items like flower vases and potpourri in the crafts secion of a Valdemart rather than with cooking gear.

And yeah, I did a double take on the thread title. I was sure I had misread it the first several times, LOL!

CurryLeafTreehugger,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

pressure

Unless you have like a pound of ABV or buds, get the Little Dipper. It is a one speed small crockpot that comes with a little plastic lid. Used to retail for around $10. You might find it with decorative glass items like flower vases and potpourri in the crafts secion of a Valdemart rather than with cooking gear.

And yeah, I did a double take on the thread title. I was sure I had misread it the first several times, LOL!

cool, I see it on walmart. I guess the one speed is better for some reason?

I'd say any of the Republicans running for president, but Donald Trump is probably the top of the line crackpot.

oh dont be so hard on the guy, all hes been doing is exposing the great conspiracy to the American people.

The last 2 debates have been filled with rich donors and lobbyist, and if he wasnt up there, nobody would expose the conspiracies that need to be exposed.

pressure,

CurryLeafTreehugger

cool, I see it on walmart. I guess the one speed is better for some reason?

Not better so much as its all you really need. The high setting on modern crockpots is too high to cook on, IMO. It boils the **** out of stuff. Directions for making THC oil in a crockpot always tell people to use the low ("warm") setting. I mostly cook actual food on low these days - even low can be pretty hot compared to the original Crockpot.

The issue is more about the size of the pot. 2 cups. Makes it easier to deal with small quantities. These are also really made more for potpourri so they don't cook as hot on their one speed.

However if you are going to be processing a lot of "product", go for one of the "regular" crockpots. They come in 2.5 qt and 3 qt sizes, and up. If you need a larger crockpot than 2.5 - 3 qt, you must have quite the capacity, LOL!

pressure

Not better so much as its all you really need. The high setting on modern crockpots is too high to cook on, IMO. It boils the **** out of stuff. Directions for making THC oil in a crockpot always tell people to use the low ("warm") setting. I mostly cook actual food on low these days - even low can be pretty hot compared to the original Crockpot.

The issue is more about the size of the pot. 2 cups. Makes it easier to deal with small quantities. These are also really made more for potpourri so they don't cook as hot on their one speed.

However if you are going to be processing a lot of "product", go for one of the "regular" crockpots. They come in 2.5 qt and 3 qt sizes, and up. If you need a larger crockpot than 2.5 - 3 qt, you must have quite the capacity, LOL!
I just finished reading 48 page thread with a recipe

Seems like these things are not all built the same. Some times even on high they are to low or to high on low

pressure,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom