• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What's in your vape right now?

JBone65

I'm trying a 28% sativa (according to the label) called Sweet Delta. It's marketed in certain Colorado dispensaries.

According to their website it's actually a sativa dominant hybrid with super lemon haze roots. What it lacks in strong terpenoids it makes up for with strong THC. 🤯 It doesn't give a strong terpenoid hit at the lowest setting (220°f) but it does tend to get one "too stoned" at higher temperatures. I might have focused on the terpenoids too much for the past 50 years. Can't post a stock photo right now.

Lately have been mixing strains. Anyone else do that?

Last edited:

florduh

Just had a big rip of Tax Cherry topped with CBG kief from WIsconsin Hemp. Had a bit of a "vape hangover" from some late night indica action. The CBD/CBG cleared away all those THC brain cobwebs nicely.

Yep. Adding hemp flower to my dispensary weed produces pleasant effects. I also make my own "hybrids" by mixing sativas and indicas.

CANtalk

I'm trying a 28% sativa (according to the label) called Sweet Delta. It's marketed in certain Colorado dispensaries.

According to their website it's actually a sativa dominant hybrid with super lemon haze roots. What it lacks in strong terpenoids it makes up for with strong THC. 🤯 It doesn't give a strong terpenoid hit at the lowest setting (220°f) but it does tend to get one "too stoned" at higher temperatures. I might have focused on the terpenoids too much for the past 50 years. Can't post a stock photo right now.

Nice, enjoy! Love the Super Lemon Haze follow up :tup:. 220 F is really low! If you like the entourage effects, try another similar strong sativa with similar roots. If you like the high THC content, try another high THC strong sativa but with different roots. See how it all goes and what you think.

Thx for the update. I've tried all types of cannabis over the years and for most of the time, sought out big THC strains.... very familiar with big THC strains and batches. More recently, I've been going the other way and am more into a good terpene and overall cannabinoid content. I finally definitely feel like I know "my" THC high and have also regularly observed its contribution to the overall high when vaping cannabis flower over the years. My more recent experience trying concentrates (high high high THC) really helped this understanding along as well. I do keep my tolerance low, which matters, with regular weekly breaks and small using amounts (microdoser here :wave:). That also drives much of these experiences. As such, after a break I typically find high content THC vaping has just been too strong in first of day sessions... overwhelming on a few levels. First, the large amount of THC crowds out and obscures the entourage effects from other terpenes & cannabinoids... effects I :luv: such as euphoria, more general cerebral stimulation, etc. Next, the other effects often include feeling like coming close to greening out :freak:, visual disturbances, etc. Not optimal :razz:.

I've mixed strains too 👍. In my experience, I enjoyed mixing strains in older batches, as they lose some terpene and other entourage cannabinoids. It was a good way of introducing a larger mixture of cannabinoids and adding entourage effects to get more zippy zip. When my cannabis batches are fresh to reasonably fresh, I prefer one strain in the vape at a time.

Otoh, I get a big window into just how much building a cannabis tolerance dulls and changes all these experiences as well... and how quickly tolerance comes on. After a break, even the second day in with cannabis is a significant step down from the first day... let alone what happens w/ regular use. There are a lot of differences / variables in how we all are experience this cannabis plant we all enjoy :leaf:.

Sounds like you temp step... have you tried vaping a few different strains at low temps back to back, before finishing them at higher temps? It's a different way to have the experience.

In spirit with all this and SLH, I went with Super Lemon Haze in the vape, along w/ tgif time :). Love me a rare double Cannabis Cup winner and sativa to boot. Here's a picture of the batch I'm vaping again. Enjoy.
mgyncjdg0iz51.jpg

I enjoy discussing sativas... much of the scene is dominated by indicas, OG kush, etc..

HAF, so sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes.

Have a great Friday everyone

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

JBone65

I agree that the effect (the high) is much better after you lay off awhile, but the effect is just good enough after an hour or so...it's enjoyable enough to simply maintain the buzz.

Only use an ounce every 3 months, but that's apparently enough for me to stay stoned considering modern weed and vaporizer technology. Historically I would smoke about an ounce each month, and mostly in the evenings.

Have been at it off and on for 50+ years. Have stopped many times in the past for various reasons. Really enjoying legalization, not planning to stop or cut back now.🤪🎉

I'm thinking weed with strong terpenoids is best. The Durbin Poison had the strongest flavor I've tasted recently.

CANtalk

Fwiw, I use ~5.5 grams every 3 months. It gets me wildly high 3 days straight for 8-12 hrs a day, then 4 days off (a Fri-Sun cannabis user). The combo of that small amount and then a 4 consecutive day break works best for me (recreational user). Cannabis has waxed and waned with me over the last 30 years or so 👍. Legal here too (recently) :cheers:, made a huge difference... and product gets better every year.

I tried Durban Poison, was just an ok batch... haven't found a quality source/grower and want to. It's a renowned sativa 4 sure. For best batch, a recent Acapulco Gold pick up has topped ever strain/batch I've ever tried... the strongest dank alone! Freshly opened from a seal bag or mason jar, it would waft across the room in only a few seconds. Crazy odiferous / terps. The low temp vaping first long draws produced clear vapor but so dense you could see light diffract going through it. And the rest of the long draws still brought/brings clouds and clouds. It's difficult to not cough with this batch and I have to moderate my draws the most with this stuff..

Have you or anyone else built up a detailed/refined vaping routine? It can come in all sizes and ways... there are so many variables. Over many years of methodical variable testing, I've found many things out... one example is that I like to vape every day starting with the strongest sativa and ending the day with the strongest indica, while going in order along that S/I lineage from bowl to bowl (even if the last bowl on the first day or two still only ends up sativa leaning... BD is a nice way to end a Friday or Sat evening). Another is that I enjoy sativas mainly... I've estimated ~70-75% of my time is spent vaping sativa strains (vs indica strains). I have a lot of strains atm too, ~25 or so... but really focus on ~8 of them. Relatively fresh product is important, especially for us full spectrum fans :). Every high is different in my experience, and I've previously mentioned some other general patterns in my personal cannabis and sativa vaping :nod:. Lots to explore and it's been great to get here.

I currently have Strawberry Cough in the vape. Y'all following this thread know this strain, cheers!

Post some pics of what's in ur vape! :bowdown:... auto thumbs up from me. Even the crappy pics, haha :lol:

Have a great weekend

Last edited:

JBone65

For best batch, a recent Acapulco Gold pick up has topped ever strain/batch I've ever tried... the strongest dank alone!
This is all useful info but the part about the Acapulco Gold really hit home.

I don't know much about modern strains, but I learned a little when i experimented with an indoor hydroponic grow room a decade ago. The hobby and the resulting weed were both amazing. Ordered seeds from Amsterdam. Not sure if it was because I used both HPS and LED grow lights or what but the fresh terpenes were overwhelming. I used more in a desk top vaporizer than I use now, but every hit was loaded with fresh sweetness.

Coincidentally, one reason I had to stop growing was the intense smell, couldn't keep the temperature low enough and it wasn't yet legal.

Even though dispensaries are cheap where I live, can't wait to grow again. The weed I've been buying has been great but I'm missing the abundance of terpenoids I saw when growing.

I thought the strain I grew (cheese) was a sativa until now but I see that it was an indica dominant hybrid. This is a little confusing. I thought sativa had more terps. I know the one bag of Acapulco Gold I had over 40 years ago was blonde in color, had an amazing flavor and it had big black seeds. The gold color was the most intense I have ever seen. I hope to taste that strain grown as sensimilla under ideal conditions today. I'm guessing it's gonna stink even if I manage to keep the grow room below 70°f. A winter crop of dank gold sounds nice.

I can't seem to upload a pic from my cell phone right now.

Last edited:

CANtalk

Sorry for mangling some spelling in the last post :razz:... second bowl in on a Friday is :science::evil:. Love the Acapulco Gold talk and strain... will try to follow up as it's my next fresh bowl later. I have it every weekend and find it an amazing Fri-Sat vape experience 👍. Top three favorite strain 4 me atm...

On a Saturday, I normally go with Maui Wowie for the first vape of the day... potent, stimulating, cerebral, a great wake'n'bake and a great through-the-day sativa. But I decided to save it for tomorrow and instead went with Trainwreck. TW is another excellent strong sativa and its roots include Mexican sativa, like Super Lemon Haze 👍. Sorry, no picture of this batch. Cheers.

And have a great weekend

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

Pink Panther CBD from WNC. Beautiful frosty purple-green buds, perfectly trimmed and cured. Flavor is reminiscent of Granddaddy Purp. I can't believe CBD flower has come this far.

Yesss!!! One of my all time favorites that I can't find anywhere here in Cali because all the damn cookie strains have taken over!

Bortz

Taking a hiatus from vaping daily, using edibles and very much enjoying it. Needed a break.

But tonight, enjoying Raspberry Punch rosin and OG18 flower in the Dynavap. Discovered that this CCELL ceramic tip fits in the stem with the condenser still installed. Just had to flip the gasket around and trim an edge. Have been dreaming of this and had it sitting in my parts bin the whole time.

Peeled my flower apart without grinding, packed with care. Fat glob of the only solventless rosin I have gotten thus far. I'm so used to vaping to get the medicinal effects, enjoying it just to...enjoy it, is...freeing.

Good vibes FC people. :peace:

(Glob is tucked in snugly)

CANtalk

Currently have that potent AF Acapulco batch I mentioned earlier in the vape. It's till super dank. Here's the batch again :science::science:.
upvylkbj8k071.jpg

Bring on excellent MX strong sativas and legendary strains.

There's lots to explore too. I just ordered 5 new-to-me sativa strains of fresh flower 🌠, Grapefruit, Purple Tangie, Sour Amnesia Haze, Green Goblin (a Green Crack pheno) and Mango Haze. HTFSE Blue Guava and Maui Wowie live resin too :cheers:. Excellent times coming :evil: :luv:.

Cheers & time to celebrate. TGIF and have a great weekend y'all.

Last edited:

JBone65

I went to a "leading" dispensary that usually charges more than some others but has been known to provide excellent weed. Instead of my usual question concerning THC content, I asked if she had a (mostly) sativa flower with an unusually high terpenoid content, if any had a particularly strong odor, etc.

The jury is still out but I think I got lucky with two ounces of Super Silver Haze, supposedly a pure sativa with 18% THC and 2.45% terpene. The test sheet looked authentic, the picture matched, but the best indicator was the super strong smell. The terpene's were about 50% higher than the others I looked at. I knew it was the one when she said it was reduced 50% since it was the end of the batch. Broke down and bought two ounces for $200 total. Being the last of the strain, the buds were a little smaller, and there was probably a gram of ground up bud (and kief?) in the bottom. Slightly drier weed seems to work best in my io, makes less sticky resin which means less cleaning, plus it's easier to break up with minimal grinding.

I'm not a good photographer. You would need scratch'n sniff to really understand anyway.

1635278204412.png

Edit: I'm happy with it thus far. Definitely worth $100/oz. The article linked above kinda says what I suspected. Essentially, people reported the same high with different strength weed. Mainly for that reason, the author suggests that we should be looking for weed that has a good variety and amount of the many associated aromatic compounds. Terpene levels are routinely measured and are supposedly an indicator, assuming the test is accurate.

Last edited:

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha

^I hope this gallery link works... Here's what I vaped over the last week on my 7th trip to Amsterdam. I used the Arizer Solo V1 for most stuff but vaped the Isolator hash with the DynaCoil, induction heater, and small bong.

Green House, Boere Jongen, De Kroon, and Barneys Farm. There were a few flower and a hash or 2 I didn't get pics of. Even though it was a nice hotel, the lighting in my hotel room was not good, so apologies for the shots that look off color.

Came home to this gelato...

There were some much lighter buds mixed in. Not sure what to make of that.

Edit: Eyyyy, that gallery link worked.

CANtalk

Purple Tangie in the vape, it's from that 5 sativa strain pickup recently. Another big sativa (70/30 s/i) and this batch is crazy terpy, as much as the earlier crazy AG batch talk :bowdown: . And it seems to have taken over as the dankest batch ever now. Super sticky like none before... the grinder turned a small dense pull into what reminded me of 8-10 small hash balls :whoa:. And it weighed out before grinding to the smallest piece I've ever seen. It's so sticky & dense that using the grinder did not go well at all. Unsurprisingly wow strong vaped as well :science:. The first few low temp draws are colorless vapor.... with vapor visuals like the long distance heat shimmer off a road on hot sunny days. Only the best cured fresh cannabis does this in my experience. Will get pics of this batch! I read some more and it turns out Purple Tangie is a cannabis cup winner as well, and I can see why. Highly recommended 4 sure 🎩.

EDIT: I should add this Purple Tangie dank has got a big big diesel smell off the bud... and it vapes like that a lot too :nod:🎆🎇! This is the second diesel strain I've picked up (of over 50-60)... and they're worth it big time! Keep an eye out for diesel strains... getting a good a sativa strain/batch is awesome. When the grinder balled up this first weighed pull, the pieces then began to smell like hash even. Who else here has tried diesel strains (there are many) and what did you think? So dank and flavorful in my experience... plus all the excellent sativa and terp/entourage effects.

TGIF and have a great night.

Last edited:

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Who else here has tried diesel strains (there are many) and what did you think?
Man, there are countless diesel strains.

My first encounter was maybe 1995? There was a time when every coffeeshop in Amsterdam had some form of Sour Diesel. Often what they had was inferior to what I found at home.

Sour Diesel is a very popular strain for it's sour gassy taste and sativa high. If you haven't tried it and have some good seed, you'll probably enjoy it.

JBone65

1635693099331.pngPosted this pic a few days ago of super silver haze I got for a closeout price of $100/oz (yes, I'm cheap). It's kinda beat up but still has a fair amount of trichomes. First haze I've ever owned, supposedly an old respected strain. Nice with coffee first thing in the morning. Strong but not overly sweet, can only wonder what it was like when fresh, but it gets one fully wound up....

Last edited:

gangababa

Every time I see this thread show up on my today's 'new posts' perusal, I am reminded that it is time to refill the Solo stem (either Solo or Tera as heater).
My organic grounds, ready to use, are blended from the July/August/September/October deliveries. Usually I do not get any name or pedigree; I know October was Royal Highness.
The grower, the garden, and the sun are constant. The consumer is content.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
been on a slow down the past few days and only vaping some 3%thc 6%cbd nollia but then this came early.........

3dn5idI.jpg

Sunset Mac cold cured live rosin............. I wasn't expecting it till tomorrow and I'm busy then so I wasn't going to try it till Friday but how could I resist today? :disgust: turned on the Vrod and let it warm up and opened up my order to take a closer look. very pale and not really sticky to the touch sorta like a soft hash. measured out a dab and setup my dry rig for maximum flavour, quartz dish, 585 on the pid........ here goes!!!!! vapour was really thick and rich and very smooth, flavour was good maybe a little mild and I couldn't put my finger on it??? finished my session and went to go sit in my lazyboy grabbed my coffee but it was empty:( so I went to put the kettle on and while I waited cotton mouth started to set in so I moved my tongue around my mouth a little and I start tasting the dab again?? guess the roof of my mouth was still covered in terpenes and when I moved my tongue around I was tasting it again since I hadn't drank anything yet. tasted good, sweet and sour and a little creamy? after after moving my tongue around like a senior playing with their dentures :lol: the taste became more clear, its like a key lime pie with meringue ...... maybe like a kiwi pie if such a thing exists with crème fraîche??? this stuff was super clean and left nothing in my dish after my second hit, when I took the carb cap off and looked other then a little vapour coming off the dish it still looked clean??? no dark oil, no yellow staining and defiantly no black charing. the high was really nice as well very feel good. I'd love to try another dab and see if I can narrow down that flavour but this stuff was to expensive to waste and I'm already really baked :ko:

there's always tonight and this live sugar

QucsCcC.jpg

Top Bottom