What's in your vape right now?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
It brought back memories from about forty-five years ago.
Acapulco Gold
Mowie Wowie, Acapulco Gold and Panama Red
I have all 3 on my seed wish list... @ataxian talked about fond memories of them from his younger days in Hawaii. I think most of my herb has been Indica dominant except for once in Mt Isa in the 90's...trippy weed that was maybe Sativa dominant or may have been laced with speed, my old flatmate was a wild one.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
More of what's left from last month's 4.5 gm of Do-Si-Dos hc lr, but this time I'm using the DW bubbler with the Goo Roo mp and a DW hybrid round bottom banger (no insert!), 6 mm SiC pearl and reg 710Coils axial coil set at 420°F (;))... employing @LesPlenty's method of dropping the dab thru a Pi ball cap with a freebie Vape Critic pick....!:
68D4F4DE-AFE3-4B71-83FC-D507E9C0AC9A.jpeg
50F3D669-79E8-4F62-8499-6C1AEA0F8F73.jpeg 073EEC15-C738-4C80-AC2F-3FFD13E0CC5C.jpeg 2764461D-6E7A-4677-A4D9-3841BFCD383B.jpeg
:tup::peace:

Last edited:

JBone65

I remember when Mowie Wowie, Acapulco Gold and Panama Red were the best you could get.
I remember all of those plus Colombian, Colombian gold, Oaxacan, Thai sticks, and hashish. Scoring a good bag of Mexican weed at a fair price was also a happy occasion. Most of the time it got the job done.

A few of the seed suppliers online claim to offer 1970's strains. Some other suppliers discourage this and claim strains bred for today's indoor hydro grows make more THC and terpenoids per ounce. I remember the premium weed usually had big black seeds. It would be interesting to see how they do under the lights. I'm guessing it all works.

One thing is certain, Durbin Poison vaporized in a grasshopper io works very well....

CANtalk

I've found that vaping cannabis is about far more than the "amount of THC and terpenes" so I don't subscribe to any generalizations between old vs new cannabis strains. In my experience, there are many different f/x described and the interplay of different THC and terpene content between strains is vast/endless. Different strains have different profiles of overall effects. And that's more important than "more" THC and terpene content.

I've been open-minded and trying lots of different sativas over some years, and am @ >20 strains now. The sampling and observations have been methodical as well in a number of ways. My experience includes some 'pure' sativas, some strong, some leaning, some old, some legendary, some highly rated, some newer, different landraces, lots of hybrids, etc.

And the results I've observed with an open mind (and repeated experimentation) have been interesting. My favorite sativas tend to be in the estimated 80/20 sativa/indica range (90/10 can be a blast too ;)). And MX sativas have been particularly impressive (I think MX sativas are super underrated!). Combine both characteristics and it's often a great strain for me. Check out this batch of Acapulco Gold that I currently have and often enjoy... it's a big fave! (Even if it isn't the identical genetics as what was found in the 70's). A legendary & old school strain as well.
upvylkbj8k071.jpg

Even the Red Congolese found in most of North America, which many love, was developed in combination breeding with a MX sativa.

In my experience, I tend to enjoy popular strains more than new(er) hybrids. I don't find that particularly surprising as popular strains get popular for a reason. And it may partially happen because so many new hybrids have been bred to the point it's difficult to even get an example in the 70/30 S/I range (which is a step down for me compared to 80/20 and 90/10). And still, I don't believe anything is binary.... I have a number of newer hybrid strains and 70/30 range sativas I quite enjoy and don't mind keeping some around of, like Candyland (also called TWD) & Vortex, then there's Ghost Train Haze & Red Congolese. Moby can be impressive for many too.

All that is some my methodical experience, fwiw :cheers:. I enjoy hearing about and sharing cannabis experience... keep it coming.

...The Starburst OG is a lovely hybrid that is 50/50. Nice terpenes and delightful to indulge....
Sounds nice! I used to keep a balanced hybrid around which I enjoyed. Check it out if you get a chance, Dragon's Breath... the strain won a regional Cannabis Cup. I've since moved on from balanced hybrids, going for either sativa leaning or indica leaning depending on which way I lean atm, haha. For sativa leaning, I find Blue Dream killa good... and God Bud is an indica leaning fave.

I currently have some Super Lemon Haze in my vape. Another classic imo. It's not the frostiest most potent looking sativa I have, but the overall experience is probably my current fave. Very euphoric! And still potent :science:.

TGIF and enjoy the weekend everyone

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

Vape_ninja

wouldnt mind some Super Lemon Haze to mix with some CBD weed right now,
but i got Skywalker instead
AcpO7TB.jpg

Oh i also got this Tiny bong it was cheap but is borosilicate glass with silicone seals and the glass mouthpiece from the Arizer Extreme Q/Tower fits in and out effortlessly , on a lower temperature its the cleanest purest hit ive had in a while

Last edited:

JBone65

Super lemon haze sounds like my kinda weed.

My portable vaporizer has a small chamber, full loads are only 0.19g. I can easily get 10-11 strong hits if I put strong weed in it. Because of the small chamber I can tell a big difference if I accidentally get a weak batch.

I did pretty well buying from dispensaries for several years but not as successful lately. Too cheap to pay top shelf prices, usually end up buying the strongest sativa I can get for $135-150/oz. I screwed up and bought an ounce of pure indica and an ounce of 50/50 a few months back because the prices were (too?) good and the THC content was high. Turns out neither are great, not much terpenoid flavor, etc. Have been trying to blend it with Durbin Poison but it's not working out. The blend isn't better. Might have to give it away.

Will look for 80/20 or 90/10 S/I hybrids. That sounds about right. Hopefully it's not on the top shelf.💲💲💲

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I had some leftover Runtz sugar that had lost its zing. I added a good scoop of some flash frozen Sluricane resin in order to freshen it up. Seems to have worked. A sweet tasty dab in the bucket of my little Core erig.

I wonder if we bought any Halloween candy yet... :D

CANtalk

Super lemon haze sounds like my kinda weed.

My portable vaporizer has a small chamber, full loads are only 0.19g. I can easily get 10-11 strong hits if I put strong weed in it. Because of the small chamber I can tell a big difference if I accidentally get a weak batch.

I did pretty well buying from dispensaries for several years but not as successful lately. Too cheap to pay top shelf prices, usually end up buying the strongest sativa I can get for $135-150/oz. I screwed up and bought an ounce of pure indica and an ounce of 50/50 a few months back because the prices were (too?) good and the THC content was high. Turns out neither are great, not much terpenoid flavor, etc. Have been trying to blend it with Durbin Poison but it's not working out. The blend isn't better. Might have to give it away.

Will look for 80/20 or 90/10 S/I hybrids. That sounds about right. Hopefully it's not on the top shelf.💲💲💲
Nice! I often see reasonably priced high quality weed weigh out at half the volume of average bud... look for dense and fresh.

A good batch of Super Lemon Haze is hard to beat :nod:! It's a trifecta of a rare double Cannabis cup winning strain, legendary haze parentage (with significant MX sativa roots ;)) and is very widely popular. Super Lemon Haze is also known for excellent citrus lemon flavors when fresh (obviously)... overall a widely acclaimed strain.

Sorry to hear about the lack of success lately with getting good cannabis. I've regularly stuck with a few good sources/growers who consistently grow great batches of certain strong sativa strains (and I shared it here in pictures for anyone interested). Much of the Canada/NA cannabis scene is pretty awesome & open now. It's legal & well served, with excellent quality at reasonable prices in your price range CAD (~$105-$120 US), plus a booming premium craft market. I regularly try some new strains too. In all that... I recommend never run out of of a consistently good strain and source you like (go back, buy more, etc :lol:).

I'm totally for 80/20 and 90/10 S/I hybrids :bowdown::bowdown:! Let us know what you think. Furthermore, I'd be remiss not mention that sativa fans should always keep an eye out for a quality 70/30 hybrid range strain/batch. I find good 70/30 S/I batches very impressive (and many totally geek out on them)... strains like Ghost Train Haze, Red Congolese, Candyland (known as TWD in Canada), Moby, Lemon Haze (another OG) and Lemon Stomper. Lots of great flavors there. I'm sure there's other strains in the 70/30 range too like Green Crack, etc..

Sativas are often fruity, citrus, sweet... and I just realized my current top three cannabis strains each taste like lemon, strawberry or blueberry. Love those flavors :luv:. These sativa strains & flavors made me a low temp vaper... and to the point store my cannabis in glass mason jars with Bovedas. Always fun to talk cannabis :).

I P.I.M.P.'d out tonight with an extra bowl in the vape, going with some Vortex. It's a newer 80/20 sativa/indica strain and excellent! Here's a picture of the batch I'm vaping (again).
y7ut4fd6wzq61.jpg

TGIF again and have a great weekend everyone. And love the personal picture posts here. Keep 'em coming!

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Getting near the end of last month's 3 grams of Space Punch HC LR... so why not a big (for me) pre-dog walk dab in an opaque bottom turtleneck splashguard insert w/ 5mm sapphire pearl, reg 710Coils deep-dish banger/coil set at 450f, freshly cleaned Goo Roo 3-Piece with an 18mm whip (which is really only more like a flexible mp cuz there's almost no airflow restriction)...?!:
6E2340E9-8919-4CA1-9AF3-3C03A0DE1F42.jpeg

9AC7C48D-C393-4CAD-8F97-35BBABE1B7B1.jpeg 9DD1EA62-E999-4672-A5F9-DB4A61F11C92.jpeg

Cheers Big Ears!

Last edited:

JBone65

Getting near the end of last month's 3 grams of Space Punch HC LR... so why not a big (for me) pre-dog walk dab in an opaque bottom turtleneck splashguard insert w/ 5mm sapphire pearl, reg 710Coils deep-dish banger/coil set at 450f, freshly cleaned Goo Roo 3-Piece with an 18mm whip (which is really only more like a flexible mp cuz there's almost no airflow restriction)...?!:
This thread attracts all types and ages. I'm a 50+ year weed head and the only word I recognize from Bologna's post is "dab". Used to smoke a lot of hash would like to try dabbing if there is a cheap way to try it. From the looks of it you can get a harder hit than regular vaping. Mainly just curious, can't dab with my portable vape pen. Is there a concise beginners guide to dabbing on this website?

Last edited:

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha

Just some inexpensive Gorilla Glue deps. Quite nice for the price.

@JBone65 - there are many many ways to do dabs.

Most importantly, you'll need access to some concentrates. If you can't buy resin, rosin, wax, you can learn to press or blast your own.

I use a DynaVap with DynaCoil, DDave Waterwand, and induction heater, and a small bong for dabs.

I add CBD, CBG, CBDV, and CBN, to my dabs to improve the effects and reap more medicinal and entourage benefits.

JBone65

Most importantly, you'll need access to some concentrates. If you can't buy resin, rosin, wax, you can learn to press or blast your own.
Thanks. I read some stuff about dabbing online. I know I would enjoy an occasional dab but don't want to buy another device.

I really enjoy vaping (and growing) strong sativa bud but I get the occasional urge to combust. I'm old, rarely make myself cough these days. Haven't rolled a joint in a year or so but occasionally hit the 1-hit pipe. I was thinking cheap dabbing might be a better option. Any idea how dabbing compares to vaping or combustion in terms of health?

Are some resins safer than others? Is there a cheap alternative to buying a device? Read something about using a nail (??). Thanks. 🤔

Last edited:

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Any idea how dabbing compares to vaping or combustion in terms of health?
Maybe someone could correct me here, but I believe dabbing is essentially vaping if kept cool enough.

Are some resins safer than others? Is there a cheap alternative to buying a device?
People often argue over rosin/resin vs solvent extraction. I personally want to believe they are fairly equal health wise. This is a long argued subject, one I'd rather not turn into a debate.

You can use concentrates in most vapes but it's not considered dabbing because the heat is less abrupt?

Dabbing on a glass (or titanium) nail will require at least an adapter (cup?) for the glass nail into an existing bong and torch to heat the nail. I'm not an expert on this method though I used to do this a few years ago.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Maybe someone could correct me here, but I believe dabbing is essentially vaping if kept cool enough.

People often argue over rosin/resin vs solvent extraction. I personally want to believe they are fairly equal health wise. This is a long argued subject, one I'd rather not turn into a debate.

You can use concentrates in most vapes but it's not considered dabbing because the heat is less abrupt?

All dabbing is vaping, but not all vaping is dabbing? :hmm:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I know I would enjoy an occasional dab but don't want to buy another device.
As cheap as just below (about US$10 to 15) if you have a bong and a brulee torch or similar to heat it,
1632922891614.png
1632923354244.png
I make rosin (heat and pressure to extract) from my own home-grown and think it is all-round better than solvent style extraction for concentrates that I have tried (pretty limited).

CANtalk

I enjoyed all the recent strain talk, keep it coming. I'll put a few more thoughts together when I'm not so high :science: . Sat night r&r... :)

I currently have a favorite strain/batch in the vape, Blue Dream :luv:. This sativa leaning cannabis got me away from balanced hybrids (@lauri melissa :)). Oh so good ✨... potent in good batches with big sativa stimulation and amazing blueberry flavors. Highly recommended! It's been widely appreciated and is a modern classic imo. Who else here enjoys Blue Dream?

Here's a picture of the batch I have again, enjoy.
8etrsipd90u61.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone

Last edited:
Top Bottom