• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What's a worthy replacement for the vapexhale evo?

bigtvapes

My cloud evo is starting to go. The heater dial no longer has that palpable "click" when it's in the middle, the heating element is getting wonky too. Still works for now but it's only a matter of time...

Biggest thing is I've invested a considerable amount into their glass pieces. But the size is wonky. Does anyone know of a vape that fits the cloud evo glass without expensive add-ons? I've seen LSV mentioned is that the case there?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Biggest thing is I've invested a considerable amount into their glass pieces. But the size is wonky. Does anyone know of a vape that fits the cloud evo glass without expensive add-ons? I've seen LSV mentioned is that the case there?

What is wonky about the size? There are a lot of options for 18.8 mm female glass

Shit Snacks,

bigtvapes

Would the Life Saber Vaporizer be one of them? Any others you recommend that work without expensive add ons? Questions open to everyone btw

bigtvapes,

maremaresing

Yes, and I'd even suggest something like putting a LSV vertical heater cover in a DBV. that way you can retain the upright handsfree thing. I've found that cloud ELB's fit in many 18mm male fittings.

I wish I had done this with my beloved red DBV instead of selling it and getting an EVO. :cry: (not that I don't adore the evo) Of course, with butane vapes like the nova that give evo sized hits with instant on demand heating, I never touch desktops anymore.

maremaresing,

bigtvapes

Ohhh I googled that! The Nova looks really promising, very reasonably priced. Potentially a session vape AND a travel vape?? Color me intrigued.

Thank you for clearing up my question about the LSV. I already have a DBV that still works so I might try that very suggestion.

I do currently have a Pax3 so it's not like I have no options once my cloud goes. But the Pax3 isn't really a session vape. CAN BE! I've looked at attachments to make that jive with a water piece and it looks very promising but I use that for stealth and being out and about. For home use...I want something a lil heavier that plugs into a wall. The DBV served me well during my early vaping years but I grew tired of the whip (taste and cleaning/replacing) and sideloading mechanics after time. It's still solid though believe I would do nothing but recommend that to anyone who doesn't mind the maintenance and stirring.

What I WANT is something like the EVO lol. Plugs into the wall, easy to maintain, all vertical in use. No mess ever. Loved this damn thing.

Last edited:
bigtvapes,

ontopofclouds

Ohhh I googled that! The Nova looks really promising, very reasonably priced. Potentially a session vape AND a travel vape?? Color me intrigued.

Thank you for clearing up my question about the LSV. I already have a DBV that still works so I might try that very suggestion.

I do currently have a Pax3 so it's not like I have no options once my cloud goes. But the Pax3 isn't really a session vape. CAN BE! I've looked at attachments to make that jive with a water piece and it looks very promising but I use that for stealth and being out and about. For home use...I want something a lil heavier that plugs into a wall. The DBV served me well during my early vaping years but I grew tired of the whip (taste and cleaning/replacing) and sideloading mechanics after time. It's still solid though believe I would do nothing but recommend that to anyone who doesn't mind the maintenance and stirring.

What I WANT is something like the EVO lol. Plugs into the wall, easy to maintain, all vertical in use. No mess ever. Loved this damn thing.
your biggest issue is going to be finding something that satisfies the same vertical use with the hydrotube system.

the hydrotube ecosystem has seemingly died out in the past few years, not many vapes can be used with them natively or rigged in a way that is sensible for use with them.

the one option in here the hasn't been mentioned which ticks off some of the same boxes as the evo in my opinion is the Flowerpot Pro from cannabis hardware. Hard hitting desktop mainly convection with a small footprint that is entirely self contained and uses the hydrotube system natively which is the key here.

bigtvapes

I do love the flowerpot pro. it's a TOUCH too steep for me pricewise at the moment but it is an excellent suggestion thank you!

bigtvapes,
Reactions: Shrike

juvemike21

With an 18.8mm M to 18.8mm M (pointing opposite directions) piece, I was able to replicate my EVO experience (ELB and everything) using the LSV just now.

The first pic is a demonstration with a hydratube. The basket is upside down, but it fits snugly (like in the EVO opening) so I don't anticipate any spilling, as long as the cap is secured tightly (I find that it helps to pinch the basket from the sides a bit whenever a cap is loose).

The second pic is a demonstration with a bong, with the LSV acting like a vape lighter. The taste is super amazing, and this will definitely be my go-to method moving forward.

The third pic is my old setup with the EVO and a whip plugging into a bong. I find the water filtration to be much nicer out of a bong than a hydratube, but it feels like I'm losing something along the way inside the whip.

The last pic is an AVB comparison using the LSV at 1:30 and the EVO at 12.
With the LSV, I had 2 mild rips, 3 extremely milky, cloudy rips, and 2 more mild rips.
With the EVO, I had 3 mild rips, 5 cloudy rips, and 7 more mild rips.

Just based off of my first session with the brand new LSV vs. the EVO I've used daily for 1 year 10 months, perhaps because of the closer proximity of the coils to the basket, it seems that the LSV gets a more even extraction more quickly. I got less rips, but the good rips were more flavorful than anything I've personally experienced out of the EVO or Mighty. With the EVO, the rips felt more drawn out (more rips, less cloudy), the AVB ended up darker when I stopped seeing clouds, and there was a kind of a puck-shaped chunk of extra dark AVB at the bottom of the basket.

I was only hoping to find something that could match the EVO in terms of vapor flavor and thickness, but the LSV exceeded my expectations for sure.

sweetherb

Any updates on this? I have since bought a ZX+ZXB ball vape combo, hoping this would be endgame. Although the vapor production is good, neither the flavor nor the density can match the low temp hits on the EVO. I really wish someone would make another "all glass vapor path" vape!!

I would even pay money for an "open" EVO - i.e. just a glass tube with heating coil wrapped around it that is fully exposed. This could then be used like a ball vape, only without the balls.

maremaresing

There are several vapes like that, I think. Anyway, the beauty of the EVO is it's everything an exposed coil vape is without the exposed part. Plus it can use hydratubes for an all in one thing. Regardless of their age, the VapExhale desktops demonstrate a maturity of design that I'm still not seeing in the latest and greatest.

"Wireless" ball vapes are a very good stopgap and a good tool for people with lots of seperate waterpipes and stuff they want to use. For me, I want something literally bowl sized, like a BFG Dani, for use with waterpipes and such.

For a desktop unit, I want a safe and self contained device that can, and I know this is outlandish, be safely kept and used on a desktop without risk to said desktop. I want various glass toppers (hydratubes etc) to change the experience while still maintaining the compact and self contained nature of the desktop.

I also want a basket or dosing pod system to keep things clean and allow all the stuff that dosing pods provide.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I would even pay money for an "open" EVO - i.e. just a glass tube with heating coil wrapped around it that is fully exposed. This could then be used like a ball vape, only without the balls

I think you might have to make it yourself, but if you contact RBT Ryan and beg perhaps since he is busy with so many other projects now, there was a concept he tinkered with... It involved one of the large 18 mm female cooling tubes that had flat fin indentations, "xl8r-d" style as it was referred to then, with large strip of stainless steel mesh wrapped all around it on the outside... He had two cables clipped on either end of the SS mesh that were connected to a power supply voltage control box... Very DIY jank however that was the most Evo design I have ever seen and someday I hope it can become a reality! (perhaps encased in a log body)

Alternatively I can highly recommend the good vibes boro 18mm Killer Quartz ball vape, Nice option for the purity and it sits on top of 18 male joint for your bowl, you could use ELBs although I really like the GVB pinch male joints now... You might be able to rig something up with a PID and nail so it can be heated up without a torch although that could be risky, it is pretty quick and easy with a torch however not ideal to have to use the big butane etc... always a compromise!

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I can vouch for the Couchlog but I see many log vapes have been mentioned here before. No exposed coils and easy to use a glass injector and have an all glass airpath (excluding the CL of course, but never had any taste spoiled by the CL).

I seem to remember that Vapor Brothers now has an upgrade that makes it a ball vape. Wouldn't this also be a good EVO replacement?

Edit: Looked it up. It's called the VB1.5 mod (upgraded Vapor Brothers unit with ball mod). See this thread

Last edited:
TigoleBitties,
Reactions: BigJr48
Top Bottom