What's a good backup for the Crafty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeletor

Well, we're at hour 30 on the replacement Crafty with the 2.0.8 firmware. I've got some issues, and I'm looking for some advice, if anyone can offer it:

-- Vibration has become intermittent (just like the last unit)
-- Heating at 2 bars of battery is essentially useless. Last night it took five and a half full minutes to warm up from 80F to 185F, and then to get back to 185 from taking a draw took nearly a full minute. I got a whole 3 draws off of the last two bars of the battery, warnings about battery temp as it struggled and fought its way back to 185 for draw 4, and then a dead battery.
-- Just as with the last unit, Bluetooth now occasionally fails to connect, and won't again until the unit has been left turned off and alone for 30 minutes. The radio is undiscoverable by any device during this time. After 30 minutes, it's detectable again when scanning for devices with my Android phone, and then I can connect the app again with any device I want. (My guess is the Bluetooth radio enters a wonky state where it thinks its connected to *something*, won't connect with anything else as a result, and eventually times out and resets). A reset of the unit will not fix the problem, and because you can't connect, you also then cannot change the device temp from defaults until the device decides to get its act together and play nice again.

At this point, I suspect I'll have to send this unit in eventually. I'm tired of this merry-go-round - or at least being reliant upon it as my only option.

So, sorry if this a little off-topic, but I figured I would ask people who have and regularly use the same vape I do:

I need a backup unit, if not a replacement because I just don't trust my Crafty to not die. I do not have another $300-$400 to spend. I need something that's going to make me happy / end my anxiety about whether *this* is the session that will make me vapeless.

I am looking for something portable, reliable, and that can get to 200ish degrees without a problem.

I would prefer something discreet and non-flammable. Things like Daisy seem nice, but I'll admit to being a former combuster, and not wanting to even screw around with lighters or torches, or returning to a world where I accidentally burn holes in my sweatshirts, etc.

I don't want to spend more than $200, shipped, because I can't really justify buying two portables in the same 6 month period as it is, but I'm going to do it anyway just to not worry about Crafty's potential to die after 30-40 hours, and given the appearance of all the familiar problems from the previous unit.

Getting a Mighty or begging S & B to upgrade to a Mighty are out. Please don't suggest that. S & B has enough of my money. (However, if they'd like to give me a Mighty in exchange for the Crafty because they sold me a device that can't do what they claim reliably, we can do that :) )

I'm thinking Arizer Air, as PuffItUp's price seems decent, and people seem to advocate him as a vendor. I looked at Flowermates as well, but people in Arizer forums seem to be happier...

Any other candidates I should be looking at?

skeletor,

valleysquirrel

+1 Air or Solo no doubt. Whenever I go out for a long day of baking, I always bring the Solo along with my Crafty.

I definitely feels when it comes to the last two bars of battery life being almost useles on the Crafty but the Solo can totally crank out max temp sessions no problem even when you're down to the last two bars and the heat up doesn't lag at all but idk that's just one squirrels experience

biohacker

Goboof Alfa? Just an idea, not a suggestion since I have zero experience with it, but to me it seems fairly similar.

biohacker,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Does is need to be s portable? What about a log vaporizer. You can leave them plugged in at a low heat so it only takes minutes to heat up. I really love my Enano, good flavor easy enough to use and cleaning is a breeze.

I also have an Arizer Air and a Solo. Both units are well made and easy to use. They have good flavor.

I'm going to be ordering the Haze soon. It seems to have lot of folks singing the Haze praises. It has a 10 year warranty. That is almost unheard of, very few vapes offer that kind of warranty. There are some that have a lifetime warranty like the MAgic Flight Launch Box.

Vaporizers are hard to choose. Just read up on the different types that will fit your needs and go with a reputable online store. I go with Puffitup a lot. They have good customer service and really good prices. The Black Friday sales will be coming up but that is 6 weeks away.

I've noticed many of the brick and mortar type stores are really overpriced and their employees don't know much about vaporizers.

If you have had such a hard time with the Crafty you may want to stay clear of one for a back up.

Talk with FCer @stickstones he sells vaporizers and is a good resource for questions.

skeletor

Hey all -- Just wanted to say, I ended up going with the Air. It is sitting at the post office waiting to be delivered -- and I must have ESP (or Crafty just fails reliably with the same indicators) because Crafty went red and amber lights like a Rave tonight at hour 33.

So much for Germany's most expensive and disposable portable vaporizer. Two dead units in 4 months. This one lasted 36 days.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You will really enjoy the Arizer Air. There have been very few faulty units. With an Arizer product you really can't go wrong. Awesome choice.

CarolKing,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

You made a great choice, as CarolKing indicated. Like you, I gave up on the Crafty (a long time ago) and recently sold my Mighty and just yesterday purchase the Air. Watch for my videos in the thread! I'm starting with the Solo first, and then once the Air shows i'll be filming both! I've kept my eye on the Lotus, impressive yeah, but the torch vapes are just not me.

biohacker,
Reactions: Tommy10

Mr. Me2

Looking forward to the Air videos. I don't have experience with that one. I would have suggested the pax. 2 (though a little pricey). That's my Crafty backup/switch off. I've been following the Prima and Firewood threads and both look promising.

Mr. Me2,

skeletor

Hey all,

Quick follow-up: The Air rocks! So much so? I may just opt to use it as a replacement to my Crafty wholesale, and consider selling my Crafty off. I know a lot of people claim that the Crafty's vapor quality is far superior... Maybe it's just my experience, but I feel that difference is marginal at best compared to the two Crafty's I've owned... The clouds I get with the Air and the long glass tube (no plastic mouth piece) when hitting it like an old steamroller are huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. :-)

Thanks much for the advice, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom