What would be your perfect portable dry herb vape?

Robert-in-YEG

If you had an unlimited design budget for a $200ish vape, what features would it have?

Robert-in-YEG

Robert-in-YEG,
Reactions: Hemper

Hemper

Good timing for me. I've been thinking about the same.

The perfect portable for me would be (if not a holy grail):
dimensions ~4"x1.5"x1"
removeable 18650 with decent battery life
able to pack the oven and go
no fragile stems etc (at least not native)
on-demand (hybrid ? ) heat
ability to step temps either direct or something around ~360 -> 385-> 410 -> 425
reliable

Looking at what is available today, the closest I see would be a morphing of features of the IQC and FW7

Hemper,

Robert-in-YEG

Good timing for me. I've been thinking about the same.

The perfect portable for me would be (if not a holy grail):
dimensions ~4"x1.5"x1"
removeable 18650 with decent battery life
able to pack the oven and go
no fragile stems etc (at least not native)
on-demand (hybrid ? ) heat
ability to step temps either direct or something around ~360 -> 385-> 410 -> 425
reliable

Looking at what is available today, the closest I see would be a morphing of features of the IQC and FW7

• Dimensions ~4"x1.5"x1" --> I'd say that is about right. I have an XVape Fog; it feels good in the hand.
  • Reemoveable 18650 with decent battery life --> This a must!!!
  • Able to pack the oven and go --> How do you feel about dosing caps?
    • Dosing caps don't have much attraction for me, but I like the idea of having "quick refills"
  • No fragile stems --> I like my Arizer Solo II, but glass stems have limitations
  • Ability to step temps either direct or something around --> I like the idea of full control, say 180-455 F
  • Reliable - one can only hope!!

Robert-in-YEG,
Reactions: Antrim50

gangababa

• Dimensions ~4"x1.5"x1" --> I'd say that is about right. I have an XVape Fog; it feels good in the hand.
  • Reemoveable 18650 with decent battery life --> This a must!!!
  • Able to pack the oven and go --> How do you feel about dosing caps?
    • Dosing caps don't have much attraction for me, but I like the idea of having "quick refills"
  • No fragile stems --> I like my Arizer Solo II, but glass stems have limitations
  • Ability to step temps either direct or something around --> I like the idea of full control, say 180-455 F
  • Reliable - one can only hope!!
Don't rely on me, though we can but hope
Sounds like a Boundless Tera!
4.7 x 1.6 x 1 inch (says Google)
Two 18650 batteries of never enough life
Pack and go (big bowl) or dosing capsules (S&B) or Solo stems for sofa stays
Plastic swivel mouthpiece or short straight, nearly unbreakable, (did I say short?) glass for the natives
WPA when wanted to treat the throat
Step it up by single degrees 37-420, you "C"
With two one can do bicep workouts

Robert-in-YEG

In defense of stems, I love the cleanliness of the Solo II.

I throw the stems in a ziploc bag, add alcohol, shake, and then dry.

And yes, I know about 'stem milk'. It is a sound idea, but too much hassle for me.

Robert-in-YEG,

Zipford

In my view the Fury Edge would be damn near perfect if it didn't have silicone in the vapor path. But it does, and over time it acquires the burnt popcorn taste no matter what temp I use. But great build, size, durability, a range of temps you can control and battery life is fine for my purposes. All around, it hits many key points.

And to be fair, if you do a very thorough job cleaning the stock mouthpiece (or skip the stock mouthpiece, in which case I think you're just dealing with the blue silicone gasket), you can manage this issue. But I like the stock mouthpiece because it is very sturdy and it accepts the smell cover, which is material to me.

Zipford,

stinkytofus

ghost mv1 came pretty close to the perfect portable except it was too bulky, the cleaning wasn't good either, paint kept chipping off from cleaning, and you HAVE to clean with iso for it to come off easy

perfect?
1. pocket friendly/discreet, da vinci portable is very good, had the first one, feels like a hot brick in summer, winter is decent, warm, so temperature is a big problem for portables, it can get really hot
2. 18650x1 - dont like internal batteries, like the flexibility of swapping batteries
3. easy to clean
4. all glass airpath or ceramic
5. easy to use and have app functionality

stinkytofus,
Top Bottom