What was your vapcap progression?

Alexis

Got the Glass OG when it came out and often combusted with it. Gave a chance to the first “M” they came out with, was it 2018? I’d say it was earlier. I came to realize that the “higher” high people get with VC is from getting close to pyrolysis/combustion. Or a at least that’s what I was getting at the time. I tend to reach higher temperatures with all my vapes, so with VC I scorched my load quite often. Having to clean the unit after combusting wasn’t fun, as well as the permanent couch lock feeling.
I also got a titanium tip and never tried it.
Yeah 1st M was 2017. With an anually released, gradually upgraded model.

Shogun.

「Stand User」
I first got my ddave waterwand with a 2018 SS tip last year, it started my vas but I probably still use it the most.

I got a Hydravong XLS last month and a PSM. Still stick with my water wand tho cause I don't really need a shotgun and can't get the same milky hits on the Ti tip

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I was a first generation customer, but was sold when I tried a GlassyTi with Dynavap fluted stems.
After I finally got tired of breaking the glass flutes, I went and upgraded to an Omni.

...I now have 3 Omni's, one set up with Dynacoil (though I admit this variant is rarely used). Recently tried an Assassin stem from Joe King, and I have not picked up an Omni since. Great airflow, less restriction and monster rips.

Really excited to try this latest adjustable stem offering from Vgoodiez.

Shogun.

「Stand User」
costs aside, there are not many vapes more versatile vapes than a Dynavap combo. I will never be without one.
Can't agree enough.

I'm super fickle and impulsive with my devices, but never could really justify getting rid of my dyna unlike so many other vapes I've had
it's definitely the Ol' Reliable

and yeah, also surprising that it's also the cheapest vape I've had (water wand with tip and cap was like $45)

quasars25

I hope someone can answer my question...
I purchased a Dynavap 2020 M and a cheap torch lighter a few weeks ago. I made the dumb mistake of lighting the wrong end on my first try. Fortunately, it still works fine. My question is how many tokes should I be able to get? I am getting two tokes, but I have to rush to get the second one in before I hear the click sound.

quasars25,

Shogun.

「Stand User」
I hope someone can answer my question...
I purchased a Dynavap 2020 M and a cheap torch lighter a few weeks ago. I made the dumb mistake of lighting the wrong end on my first try. Fortunately, it still works fine. My question is how many tokes should I be able to get? I am getting two tokes, but I have to rush to get the second one in before I hear the click sound.
In one heat cycle I usually go for one really big hit or just cool it down after hitting it once, personally its not long enough to get a proper 2nd hit

Shogun.,

quasars25

Thank you. That makes me feel better knowing it's operating normally. On another note, I find the Dynavap 2020M to hit me harder than my heavy hitting desktop vapes. Does anyone else have that same experience? I also own an Arizer Solo II, but I have to hit it 7 or 8 times to get the same effect as one hit with the Dynavap.

quasars25,

darkstar72

I also find the solo 2 takes too long. And this was with really small amounts. I guess I was stepping up the temp and thinking this was the way but my 2019 M with a ti tip just simplified everything. Micro-dosing with the chamber on its smallest size just works quickly and efficiently. Also the use of a flame brings back the ritual of my younger combustion days. But alas the evolution of my vapcap experience is that it fails in comparison to the lotus vape. The lotus is extracts quicker and all convection so it definitely tastes better. The vapcap wins for when away from home. But the lotus with original aluminum steam and latest cap is so much preferable to a vapcap in my opinion.

darkstar72,

pmthokku

Got an amazing deal in one of the early 420 sales (40% off flash deal), via which I got the 2018 M, a vong, a dynastash and a maintainence kit for around $110. Got a long condenser with spinning MP for the vong. Then a 2020 M because it was on sale. Finally a BB9 stem. The BB9 stem is really good even dry. Recently ordered a Wand. Yet to receive it.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
My first DV experience was an OG M gifted by a super kind member, liked it so much I got an Omni XL that Black Friday. After enjoying that, decided to go 3rd party makers and never looked back. Next was a super sexy Bocote/glass Twist by the gracious gentleman @phattpiggie, followed much later by a super boss Finster XL by @Andy Capp and in between those got an ebony stem with abalone accents from Simrell and put a spinning Ti mp on it.

Perhaps the stem I treasure most (after my phattpiggie stem) is the last custom Ti stem made by the Greek FC legend stardustsailor before he rode off into the FC sunset. He was such a positive, creative dude but unfortunately for us and very fortunately for him, continuing success in his technical field and growing family required more time.

These days, my DVs don’t get much use so can’t justify collecting more stems. I do have them out & still admire these amazing functional art pieces made by our FC homies.

danjens

The dynavap is the device that brought be over from the darkside of combustion. They will always hold a special place in my collection for that reason alone.
First was a 2017 M, once I figured out some torch technique and got my first full extraction hit, my eyes were open to the world of vaping.
Next came, 2018 M,
Stardust sailor custom Ti (also my prized dyna)
Phattpiggie custom wood
2019 M
Ti Vortex
Olivewood vortex
Ti MVS
Blackwood MVS
Revolve
Shomni
Psm
Hotshot
Brute
Wand
Too many random wood stems to count now
All the tips, all the caps

My dyna collection sat mostly untouched, then I received an anvil. While I never fell in love with the anvil, it did rekindle my appreciation for the dynavap, and they have slowly started to find their way into the rotation.

Classic vape that has become intrinsically valuable to me.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
It’s funny how there’s a trend of users who don’t use the DV as their primary but still spend on accessories out of sentiment. 🙋‍♂️

Started with an 18M Ti cap, then picked up a 19M SS karmavap, a couple of glass Charlies, a Tectonic, and some TRWW intercoolers to use with my Flite.

Lately, I only use the DV for cleanup hits when cashing bowls with a convection vape is too much work... but picked up a Revolve bc it looked proper endgame. It is.

darkstar72

2019m and a ti tip was my first purchase.
Next I added two glass mouth pieces from sneaky Pete. A Hula and a Knarly. I preferred the Knarly with it's 6" length and carb, but I dropped it on the garage floor.
Then I got a low temp cap which I prefer over the regular.

I appreciate the vapcap's pocket ability but own a log vape which I find has better flavor and I prefer the convection high signature. So it's been shelved.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
OG Glass
OG Omni
cocobolo woody
carbon fibre
M
simrell custom wood stem (pre vortex)
simrell vortex
simrell shortex
simrell wood vortex
omni XL 21
simrell MVS
simrell sandblasted vortex

a bunch of other Ms and accessories, IHs, stems, body’s in there too.

now I just use the simrell vortex or a Ed’s glass WPA mostly.

Top Bottom