• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What vape is best used without any water filtration? (Completely dry)

Finessseee

Sorry for the second post of the day everyone, the curiosity of these questions need to be answered for me. Wondering if people have an answer for this. If you had to pick one vape to use solely dry with no water pipe adapter. Since vaping can potentially take away some of the goods (especially flavor wise). Which dry herb vape would you choose for this purpose?

-top notch flavor
-smooth vapor / no coughing
-no water filtration / completely dry

Last edited:

GoldenBud

without water you will inhale more tiny particles no matter which vape you use...imho.. maybe with some cooling beads stem/pills stem the situation is better

badbee

Sorry for the second post of the day everyone, the curiosity of these questions need to be answered for me. Wondering if people have an answer for this. If you had to pick one vape to use solely dry with no water pipe adapter. Since vaping can potentially take away some of the goods (especially flavor wise). Which dry herb vape would you choose for this purpose?

-top notch flavor
-smooth vapor / no coughing
-no water filtration / completely dry
Like many people, I often use my small rig dry, so there is that option (but still needs the water pipe adapter). Using it dry doesn't cool quite as much as with water but still cools significantly and less flavor is lost. My coolest and best tasting vape used natively is the Ghost MV1 (but it's no longer made and wasn't widely loved even when it was still in production).

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I expected this thread to be all Minivap and Bowle responses. I have tried neither but they are the ones I always hear.

I almost always use my vapes dry, but typically on a j-hook. I prefer the flavor on dry glass.
MV has a piece of silicone in the vapor path, this degrades taste compared to mostly glass vapor path with perhaps a metal screen at most. (That's my reason to opt for TM at least)

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So you’re saying that with water you’re removing some of the goods and also some of the potentially bads?

If you use a dry rig or hook, potentially even a good cooling stem, you can filter out the particulate that way (I always use a drop down with my water piece now and you can see it catching all the particles pretty much similar to bend in a hook especially a right angled hook) so yeah I say TM2 if you use WPA with a triple right angle hook like me, still held in one hand altogether, milking the lowest temp settings on the dial... There are other great options, but the key is the cooling piece (tafee bowle has built in right angle pathway which is why people say it can be so smooth although I don't like the limited temp settings or only being able to use that path with it and never anything else) so you could probably get most any pure convection on demand vape and be satisfied with the right glass piece for your needs...

sdrsh

I've never really used glass, not as a smoker, nor since exclusively vaping herbs for 5+ years. Only glass parts I have are Solo stems and a bb9 attached to the miniVAP. There is a water rig stashed away somewhere, and I am actually intrigued to bust it out again soon.

To me, it is all about cooling the vapor adequately enough. I remember taking my first draw off the brand new MV with the standard silicone (flexicone) tube and having a huge coughing fit. Took too big a rip because I was new to this kind of power in a heater and the tube did next to no cooling for me. Tried that little small mouthpiece and really felt the heat on my tongue and throat as well.

Haven't really coughed since attaching different stems and mouthpieces.

The mighty also seems pretty easy to handle. But taste wise not quite up there in my opinion.

As others have mentioned, the Bowle really does a fantastic job with cooling without further tinkering. It has its limitations (temps!), but level 2-3 are delicious, intense, and so smooth. Even on level 4 I never feel too big of an itch.
Will be testing a TM2 hopefully tomorrow and already looking for wooden stems ( perhaps with glass inside ) to adjust for more cooling, if needed.

Above all, keep yourself hydrated. Vaping and a nice beverage go hand in hand. Or as with the Bowle, go in one hand. I never use the attachment though, too cumbersome for me.

Finessseee

I've never really used glass, not as a smoker, nor since exclusively vaping herbs for 5+ years. Only glass parts I have are Solo stems and a bb9 attached to the miniVAP. There is a water rig stashed away somewhere, and I am actually intrigued to bust it out again soon.

To me, it is all about cooling the vapor adequately enough. I remember taking my first draw off the brand new MV with the standard silicone (flexicone) tube and having a huge coughing fit. Took too big a rip because I was new to this kind of power in a heater and the tube did next to no cooling for me. Tried that little small mouthpiece and really felt the heat on my tongue and throat as well.

Haven't really coughed since attaching different stems and mouthpieces.

The mighty also seems pretty easy to handle. But taste wise not quite up there in my opinion.

As others have mentioned, the Bowle really does a fantastic job with cooling without further tinkering. It has its limitations (temps!), but level 2-3 are delicious, intense, and so smooth. Even on level 4 I never feel too big of an itch.
Will be testing a TM2 hopefully tomorrow and already looking for wooden stems ( perhaps with glass inside ) to adjust for more cooling, if needed.

Above all, keep yourself hydrated. Vaping and a nice beverage go hand in hand. Or as with the Bowle, go in one hand. I never use the attachment though, too cumbersome for me.
I’m waiting for this new announcement on the Bowle lol I don’t even thing a current model is available otherwise id snag one

Finessseee,

staircase slight of hand

I’m waiting for this new announcement on the Bowle lol I don’t even thing a current model is available otherwise id snag one

ETA for restocking just got pushed back to 2023. I really hope they roll out a v2 at that point; the original is great despite the known quirks but after two years they really need to be addressing the quirks.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I think if you use a wpa with a dry rig or j hook any of the many on demand convection vapes are great options, but if you really insist on the rather arbitrary “no wpa” rule I’ve always heard great things about the bowle as well. The tp80 through a whip is the coolest/smoothest option I have that isn’t a j hook, but you sacrifice some flavor for that.

Zagala

I have a few glass pieces but I used them mostly dry with a drop down or a ash catcher when I don’t use my j-hooks, my preferred way of cooling, and I have some of those OGB ones, including the right angle ones - Shit Snacks’ suggestions. I generally use almost all my vapes native or with dry cooling. I am getting the Prophet from IDB - ordered today, so very thrilled.

Top Bottom