What vape has the smoothest / lightest / coolest / least harsh vapor quality overall?

Finessseee

So I just purchased a Mighty+ and having a bit of buyers remorse.. I feel like it’s obviously a great device, but I keep seeing posts about it making people’s throats irritated, coughing fits and overall harsh vapor. I purchased it because it’s considered a medically tested device, but what I really want is something that is smooth / cool vapor with no harshness / coughing. Seems like what I spent on the Mighty+ could’ve gone to two new vapes or more flower instead of one single device. I know FC loves the TM, but I’m looking for something that isn’t a massive heavy hitter which seems like the TM falls under that category.

TLDR: Can someone suggest me a vape that is absolutely the smoothest / lightest / least harsh vapor?

Finessseee,
Reactions: dimmusp

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
You can use the TM at the lowest settings... The point of having that power is that it does the best at the lowest settings, running it through dry glass cooling is the smoothest hits... Your question is a bit too subjective unfortunately, there are way too many variables and too many different vapes!

Cheebsy

Microbe minion

What vape has the smoothest / lightest / coolest / least harsh vapor quality overall?​

The next one! 😉

Seriously, I've had the best luck with the purest vapes. Remove as much metal and silicone and anything else other than glass or ceramic from the airpath. Also, the most powerful vapes that allow the bud to start producing vapour as quickly as possible have been the most comfortable for me. The fastest vapes reduce the total amount of heated air you need to inhale to get a good hit, and this helps massively.

Finessseee

You can use the TM at the lowest settings... The point of having that power is that it does the best at the lowest settings, running it through dry glass cooling is the smoothest hits... Your question is a bit too subjective unfortunately, there are way too many variables and too many different vapes!
TBH I feel like the softest experience I’ve ever had is the Solo II.. since then I’ve spent a stupid amount of money buying for max price and selling for half the price over and over again. I’m not quite sure what even drove me to snag the Mighty+ , I’m indifferent as to everyone who prefers removable batteries, I’d rather just not deal with that in general. So that’s another reason why I never considered the TM originally. So I basically narrowed it down to only a couple vapes that have updated USB-C charging without removable batteries - that being the HR Rogue and Mighty+.. why I care about that? I don’t know. The actual vapor is what’s most important in the end. That being said, I plan on returning my order to POTV immediately and then rethink my search. I’m definitely a light user and cheaper vapes suit me better. (Solo II, V3 Pro) so I’ll have to return and exchange the Mighty+ for something along those lines, I’m an impulsive buyer with OCD so I truly being nothing is going to make me happy and VAS will constantly strike me in the end lol. I just think it makes sense to return the Mighty+ and then reassess my options from there.. gotta learn from these experiences!

The next one! 😉

Seriously, I've had the best luck with the purest vapes. Remove as much metal and silicone and anything else other than glass or ceramic from the airpath. Also, the most powerful vapes that allow the bud to start producing vapour as quickly as possible have been the most comfortable for me. The fastest vapes reduce the total amount of heated air you need to inhale to get a good hit, and this helps massively.
That’s a good point, although the Solo II is a slow extractor and needs a decent heat up time to get going, but is seemingly the smoothest I’ve ever used? What vapes would you narrow down my options to for this purpose? Which ones have you found to be the most “pure” overall?

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I've not tried a solo so I can't speak to that I'm afraid.

What vapes would you narrow down my options to for this purpose? Which ones have you found to be the most “pure” overall?

Well, the all glass elev8r is butane driven, you can use a screen to help with particulate and it won't effect the smoothness too much, but it's not going to be the best for small loads. My absolute favourite is the inVersion 1.7 but that's discontinued now, 1.8 is probably going to be opening up for another drop in a few weeks though and that's going to be very nice I suspect. Best to ask @invertedisdead about the timings for that one. It's coil driven and PID powered for ultimate repeatability.

There are alot or artisanal all glass vapes around at the moment. One of those would be fairly cheap to try.

If you don't like changing batteries though I'm not sure a manual butane vape would be appealing.

Finessseee

I've not tried a solo so I can't speak to that I'm afraid.

Well, the all glass elev8r is butane driven, you can use a screen to help with particulate and it won't effect the smoothness too much, but it's not going to be the best for small loads. My absolute favourite is the inVersion 1.7 but that's discontinued now, 1.8 is probably going to be opening up for another drop in a few weeks though and that's going to be very nice I suspect. Best to ask @invertedisdead about the timings for that one. It's coil driven and PID powered for ultimate repeatability.

There are alot or artisanal all glass vapes around at the moment. One of those would be fairly cheap to try.

If you don't like changing batteries though I'm not sure a manual butane vape would be appealing.
Seems like I’ll have to eventually dive into the replaceable battery lifestyle at this point- I foolishly sold my 4 piece nitecore charger when selling my V3 Pro last year.. thinking I wouldn’t snag another replaceable battery vape, but at this point it’s all that’s ever suggested.. unless ofc I go back to the Solo II lifestyle. Again I could just keep the Mighty+ - although I’m still kind of nervous for the potential harsh vapor

Finessseee,

Shit Snacks

TBH I feel like the softest experience I’ve ever had is the Solo II.. since then I’ve spent a stupid amount of money buying for max price and selling for half the price over and over again. I’m not quite sure what even drove me to snag the Mighty+ , I’m indifferent as to everyone who prefers removable batteries, I’d rather just not deal with that in general. So that’s another reason why I never considered the TM originally. So I basically narrowed it down to only a couple vapes that have updated USB-C charging without removable batteries - that being the HR Rogue and Mighty+.. why I care about that? I don’t know. The actual vapor is what’s most important in the end. That being said, I plan on returning my order to POTV immediately and then rethink my search. I’m definitely a light user and cheaper vapes suit me better. (Solo II, V3 Pro) so I’ll have to return and exchange the Mighty+ for something along those lines, I’m an impulsive buyer with OCD so I truly being nothing is going to make me happy and VAS will constantly strike me in the end lol. I just think it makes sense to return the Mighty+ and then reassess my options from there.. gotta learn from these experiences!

Well, just because the battery in the TM is removable, you don't actually have to remove it... You could keep it in the device and charge with USBC easily... The benefit is that if and when the battery ever does die, you can replace it yourself, unlike the mighty... That was also your choice to buy one brand new full price, thinking the medical certification would mean anything haha I only bought a mighty used and was able to make exactly what I paid back when I sold it... Anyway if you liked the solo, why would you not just get that again?? I found that vapor to be dry and harsh, slow and weak performing, but I only had the original solo and air... I do think the healthy rips vapes are better than those and V3 Pro, but they are not top-tier smoothest hits or vapor quality. You want the purest materials and full spectrum of temp control, ability to connect to alternative cooling sources, there are really a lot of options so easy to overthink, which you are probably doing a lot of lol

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
selling my V3 Pro last year..
Did you find the V3 pro too harsh? Or did you get rid of it for another reason? Across all your many threads I find it hard to tell what you actually want in a vape. To me the Tinymight is exactly what you want but you have avoided mostly for reasons that don't make sense (external charging, heavy hits possible).

I suppose it is also possible that you just like conversing in this forum and I can't fault you for that. I like it too.

hinglemccringleberry

Is getting a waterpiece adapter for your Mighty an option?
Assuming youre open to using water pieces?
That would be the most straightforward way to address your problem..

Last edited:

Finessseee

Did you find the V3 pro too harsh? Or did you get rid of it for another reason? Across all your many threads I find it hard to tell what you actually want in a vape. To me the Tinymight is exactly what you want but you have avoided mostly for reasons that don't make sense (external charging, heavy hits possible).

I suppose it is also possible that you just like conversing in this forum and I can't fault you for that. I like it too.
Tbh I got rid of it because I had so many damn vapes and it was overwhelming lol same reason I got rid of my Solo II.. ended up eventually buying the Qaroma which was fantastic except I kept reaching for my portables for mobile convenience. At the end of the day I definitely struggle from never ending VAS. We need a VAS doctor to diagnose my mental illness!

Finessseee,
  • Haha

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
So you got rid of all your portables, but you kept your Qaroma. I suspect you don't want a heavy hitting vape because you already have that covered with your desktop?

Either way, I hope you find what you are looking for. I can't wait to hear where you land.

Finessseee

Well, just because the battery in the TM is removable, you don't actually have to remove it... You could keep it in the device and charge with USBC easily... The benefit is that if and when the battery ever does die, you can replace it yourself, unlike the mighty... That was also your choice to buy one brand new full price, thinking the medical certification would mean anything haha I only bought a mighty used and was able to make exactly what I paid back when I sold it... Anyway if you liked the solo, why would you not just get that again?? I found that vapor to be dry and harsh, slow and weak performing, but I only had the original solo and air... I do think the healthy rips vapes are better than those and V3 Pro, but they are not top-tier smoothest hits or vapor quality. You want the purest materials and full spectrum of temp control, ability to connect to alternative cooling sources, there are really a lot of options so easy to overthink, which you are probably doing a lot of lol
I was always under the assumption that if you had a a removable battery portable, then you should should always charge it externally for the devices longevity or something. I definitely overthink these purchases no doubt about it. The good thing is I haven’t used the Mighty yet (hasn’t even delivered) so I can still return it at full price and then decide where to go from there. Purchased from POTV. I think at the end of the day I’ll always suffer from VAS, will the TM solve all my problems? Maybe? Maybe not.. seems like a me issue either way.. but yeah I might reconsider buying another Solo. I’m currently 80+ days sober after taking the longest tolerance break in my 10 years of cannabis usage. So it’s not like I can’t go a bit longer and return / replace the Mighty!

So you got rid of all your portables, but you kept your Qaroma. I suspect you don't want a heavy hitting vape because you already have that covered with your desktop?

Either way, I hope you find what you are looking for. I can't wait to hear where you land.
Nah I sold all of my devices and water pipes as I took a tolerance break (currently 80 days sober) this is the longest break I’ve taken in my 10 years of using cannabis. I wanted to keep things simple this time around. So I downsized my water pipe from 18 inches to 8 inches and just want a basic portable that can do it all in one package. At the end of the day, I’m vaping to avoid the carcinogens from smoking, prolonging my herb, and flavor. So I guess the Mighty was a bad buy since it eats herb and doesn’t have the best flavor huh? The USB-C + “medically safe” title is what originally sold me though. (I can still return it for full price though)

Finessseee,

Shit Snacks

I was always under the assumption that if you had a a removable battery portable, then you should should always charge it externally for the devices longevity or something. I definitely overthink these purchases no doubt about it. The good thing is I haven’t used the Mighty yet (hasn’t even delivered) so I can still return it at full price and then decide where to go from there. Purchased from POTV. I think at the end of the day I’ll always suffer from VAS, will the TM solve all my problems? Maybe? Maybe not.. seems like a me issue either way.. but yeah I might reconsider buying another Solo. I’m currently 80+ days sober after taking the longest tolerance break in my 10 years of cannabis usage. So it’s not like I can’t go a bit longer and return / replace the Mighty!

Haha that that is already an ordeal yes! I mean personally I wouldn't go for the mighty in your case or mine, though many people swear by it of course... There is no danger to charging in the TM, use it like the battery is fixed, then one day you can just replace it when you notice you're not getting as many bowls as you used to etc same performance... You may find you want to have spares at the ready charged externally, but that is more for the batteries themselves, the TM should be absolutely fine charging internally that is what it is designed for of course (I would not recommend using it while charging though, because it still needs a base battery charge to function off the battery, so this way you're putting extra strain on the battery if it is trying to charge and you are using it at the same time... That's why external charger spare batteries is useful if one battery is not enough to get you through your needs before a recharge) unfortunately there is no known cure for VAS broadly but some can find it for themselves, it's usually something else to do with other factors in your life etc, but I will say the TM is my overall best, the most versatile for every situation, consistently effective and smooth and pure flavors, it covers all my bases to the extent I would be fine with just that if I did need to cure VAS for myself (Yes it's nice to have a desktop too Yes it's nice to have other things in variety and for other situations but my point is if that's what you're looking for I found it with the TM for myself at least) and yeah take note of how I use mine, milking the lowest temp settings on the dial stepping up tiny bit each hit with WPA and external glass piece or aftermarket glass cooling stems, the stock setup is effective but I don't use it for my top level experience most often... And I don't use it through water that much, I prefer like my TP80 through water and my desktop vapes, so yeah as an all-around portable I am very very satisfied especially with the TM2!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
just want a basic portable that can do it all in one package

will say the TM is my overall best, the most versatile for every situation, consistently effective and smooth and pure flavors, it covers all my bases to the extent I would be fine with just that
Agree with this 100%. I have no desire to have only one vape, or even one of each type of vape, but if I did it would be the TM. Very versatile, great flavor and entirely reliable. Certainly not true for everyone and maybe that will be the Mighty for you.

As another data point, I christened my Prophet glass with the TM. Should have used the Atlas to have the full CC experience, but the TM was just so easy and quick. No regrets as it really showed what a nice piece of dry glass can do.

Finessseee

Haha that that is already an ordeal yes! I mean personally I wouldn't go for the mighty in your case or mine, though many people swear by it of course... There is no danger to charging in the TM, use it like the battery is fixed, then one day you can just replace it when you notice you're not getting as many bowls as you used to etc same performance... You may find you want to have spares at the ready charged externally, but that is more for the batteries themselves, the TM should be absolutely fine charging internally that is what it is designed for of course (I would not recommend using it while charging though, because it still needs a base battery charge to function off the battery, so this way you're putting extra strain on the battery if it is trying to charge and you are using it at the same time... That's why external charger spare batteries is useful if one battery is not enough to get you through your needs before a recharge) unfortunately there is no known cure for VAS broadly but some can find it for themselves, it's usually something else to do with other factors in your life etc, but I will say the TM is my overall best, the most versatile for every situation, consistently effective and smooth and pure flavors, it covers all my bases to the extent I would be fine with just that if I did need to cure VAS for myself (Yes it's nice to have a desktop too Yes it's nice to have other things in variety and for other situations but my point is if that's what you're looking for I found it with the TM for myself at least) and yeah take note of how I use mine, milking the lowest temp settings on the dial stepping up tiny bit each hit with WPA and external glass piece or aftermarket glass cooling stems, the stock setup is effective but I don't use it for my top level experience most often... And I don't use it through water that much, I prefer like my TP80 through water and my desktop vapes, so yeah as an all-around portable I am very very satisfied especially with the TM2!
SS is basically my VAS doctor at this point and TMs biggest promoter hahaha I really do appreciate you going into detail helping me out throughout all these redundant posts of mine. I think returning the Mighty for a TM2 would be a smart choice or at least just snagging a Solo in the meantime because it’s made me happy and content in the past plus it’s great value. With the TM2, what’s the best method to use it? Do you remove the cooling unit? Do you use basket screens or do you use dosing capsules? Wondering what the best method is to pack if it. One thing I’m fond of that Arizer does is their fixed glass screen stems, so it’s almost an all glass component.

Agree with this 100%. I have no desire to have only one vape, or even one of each type of vape, but if I did it would be the TM. Very versatile, great flavor and entirely reliable. Certainly not true for everyone and maybe that will be the Mighty for you.

As another data point, I christened my Prophet glass with the TM. Should have used the Atlas to have the full CC experience, but the TM was just so easy and quick. No regrets as it really showed what a nice piece of dry glass can do.
Seems like a basic glass water piece and a j hook is all I’d need for the TM2. Is that true? Do you ever use the stock stems or nah?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Seems like a basic glass water piece and a j hook is all I’d need for the TM2. Is that true? Do you ever use the stock stems or nah?
I have no problem with the stock stem and CU, but I haven't used it for a long time. I just have other stems that I like better, like GBV and MWW stems.

Absolutely get a j-hook no matter where you land. I have lots and I love them with all my vapes. TRWW's are great and inexpensive too.

I can't remember if you have spent time in the cheap glass thread but it is also a great way to spend/save a lot of money.

Last edited:

Finessseee

I have no problem with the stock stem and CU, but I haven't use it for a long time. I just have other stems that I like better, like GBV and MWW stems.

Absolutely get a j-hook no matter where you land. I have lots and I love them with all my vapes. TRWW's are great and inexpensive too.

I can't remember if you have spent time in the cheap glass thread but it is also a great way to spend/save a lot of money.
Haven’t been there yet. I’ll start checking it out! Thanks for the suggestions y’all!

Finessseee,

Shit Snacks

With the TM2, what’s the best method to use it?

I described it pretty simply in my post above, I have went into further detail in the TM thread, if you use the search feature you can just look at my posts there while you wait...

Do you remove the cooling unit? Do you use basket screens or do you use dosing capsules?

I never used the stock stems without the cooling unit, but I never used that setup anymore it's been a long time but it worked well, I always just use basket screen in front of the cooling unit, fill the basket screen, and I always use a basket screen with a plain WPA as I said, or a basket screen in an aftermarket stem... Never ever with a capsule, never tried them with the TM, they are annoying in many ways in my experience and I don't feel like going into the details why right now lol

Wondering what the best method is to pack if it. One thing I’m fond of that Arizer does is their fixed glass screen stems, so it’s almost an all glass component.

The fixed glass screen works better with arizer because you're not using pure convection air flowing through the stem, you can pack it tight to use conduction with the glass, I used to love that and always wanted to find it again with my pure convection on demand glass stem-based vapes, however I have tried it and it never works well. Mesh basket screens are just a unnecessary evil, but it's easy to get a lot of them so you can just swap the screens without having to clean very often at all... TM has glass screen stems with the 3-in-1 WPA and the 14 mm WPA but I prefer ones like the 18 mm WPA where it is just open and a good basket screen is enough, I have a different 14 mm WPA and other things.

It depends how you look at basic, or right angle hook is going to be better, and there are larger dry rigs and other options, also not all water pieces are created equal, but yes haha there are a lot of great aftermarket options now from a variety of sources if you just skim through the threads...

Haven’t been there yet. I’ll start checking it out! Thanks for the suggestions y’all!

Yeah dude check out the glass section, there is a thread specifically for TM cooling stems, and there is also a J hook thread, among other things... Always start at the end of a thread and work your way backwards skimming, good luck!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Doesn't POTV let you try out - and return if you are not happy?
I have a Mighty in rotation and rightfully so. It shares a place with Hopper, Bowle, MiniVap and a Splinter (among others). Great vape for sharing or for travel. Not smoothest on the throat, but yes, there are add-ons to help with that. I use a Delta3dstudios v3 wpa and a dry in-line bubbler. Cooler that using the cooling unit, and more open draw (assuming the glass is not a restrictive piece). I like relaxing with a conduction/session vape sometimes!

My answer to your question, in native as-designed use, of vapes I've mentioned (experienced) the Taffee Bowle yields the smoothest, coolest, best tasting vapor. Close to it is the MiniVap.

Finessseee

Doesn't POTV let you try out - and return if you are not happy?
I have a Mighty in rotation and rightfully so. It shares a place with Hopper, Bowle, MiniVap and a Splinter (among others). Great vape for sharing or for travel. Not smoothest on the throat, but yes, there are add-ons to help with that. I use a Delta3dstudios v3 wpa and a dry in-line bubbler. Cooler that using the cooling unit, and more open draw (assuming the glass is not a restrictive piece). I like relaxing with a conduction/session vape sometimes!

My answer to your question, in native as-designed use, of vapes I've mentioned (experienced) the Taffee Bowle yields the smoothest, coolest, best tasting vapor. Close to it is the MiniVap.
Yeah I may consider trying the Mighty+ out and then going from there. I’ll look into the wpa you use I know the starry whip is popular as well. Bowle is fantastic, no glass attachment option as of yet though. Thanks for reaching out!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Yeah I may consider trying the Mighty+ out and then going from there. I’ll look into the wpa you use I know the starry whip is popular as well. Bowle is fantastic, no glass attachment option as of yet though. Thanks for reaching out!
I've been also using using one of these lately;
I use a very easy screen mod (the screen in this is too far up the tube). I use it dry.
You might try this, no need to buy a wpa for now...

I've seen these also come as same attaching base with a dimpled glass cooling stem, but I don't know where in North America to get one...

Also keep in mind, tons of folks love the Mighty as-is out of the box. Maybe that's you!

vapviking,
Top Bottom