What Type of Concentrate To You Most Enjoy

Robert-in-YEG

Well I needed to expand my daily/nightly concentrate options and the nearest quality adult dispensary is two hours away anyways. Many of you suggested that hash rosin was the best and after weeks of looking at menus, I think I found the first adult place to make and carry it in Maine. So I drove the two and a half hours down to Portland, ME to Landrace. [Couldn't believe how many "medical" shops there were along the way, well over a dozen, most with empty parking lots.] Shot up to Gritty's for lunch again before the ride home. Today I got the treasured hash rosin, GMO, 79.1 thc; Wedding Cake diamonds 99.7% cannabinoids, Lemon Amber Kush sugar 94%thc 97%cannabinoids, and Gelato 41 shatter.

So remember, I already did a big buy at SeaWeed: A particularly lovely badder, a live resin, and a shatter. I also have last bits of previous purchases. So now I have a really good selection of superb concentrates and a 30%thc sativa flower for biking/skiing etc. Hope this is enough to get me through the weekend. LOL. Based on experience, without holding back, this 8-9grams should last at least three or four months. My wallet sure hopes so. On the other hand, a medical issue has forced a dramatic reduction in my inbibing of my beloved double IPAs, so this is a fair substitute.:)

I started with concentrates two years ago and they've probably been near 90% of my cannaconsumption. I approached concentrates with an open mind and an experimental willingness to try new things, to try everything, and also new ways of consumption. I think I've tried some of the best from Mass, including Sira rosin, and now I'm having a blast exploring the new Maine legalization. For two years I've cut out or peeled off and saved all the little lab reports and every receipt. I can see both what I've used and how much I've spent. I can definitely report that I've had an awful lot of fun so far on my Adventures with Concentrates!.
How are you using the concentrates? Are you vaping?

The two concentrates I buy when they go on sale are kief and hash. To use, I add to ground cannabis and vape most often in my Starry v3; the one problem is that its screens get clogged with resin. The other vape I use it in is the Solo II.

Robert-in-YEG

Best-Motivational-Quotes-2.jpg

Robert-in-YEG,

Zipford

Adult legal retail in two of the adjacent states has opened the door to untold riches! I'm about to head over to Maine to load up for the holidays. But there's now so many choices: Resin, Rosin, Shatter, Budder, Sugar, Live anything, diamonds, sauce, diamonds and sauce, etc. Yes, I know all the DIYers like to make their own rosin, but for the rest of us there are almost too many choices. THC content can be the same no matter the name. So what do you prefer and why? Thanks.

I think it mostly depends on how you plan to use it and how easy it is to handle in that application. I use either distillate oil (very thick and sticky at room temp, similar to honey but thicker) or wax (solid but soft at room temp), in a Linx Hypnos Zero (FYI, the oil and wax are from NETA, given that you're local). Shatter seems like it'll fly when you try to break a piece off, so oil and wax seem like the easiest to use. Beyond that, the strength is probably what matters, but honestly I don't see much difference between vaping oil that is 85% THC and vaping dry herb that is 22%. The strength seems similar, though I guess I'm using less oil.

Zipford,
Reactions: florduh

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Reporting back, per my question above, on my best stash ever in a long life of cannabis use. I've been using concentrates for almost exactly two years, almost exactly corresponding to the arrival and limitations of Covid. I'm very selective and since legalization in two neighboring states, I look for the really good stuff. I tend to look for the highest thc, mostly in sativas or indicas(a matter of dispute, but I find a helpful guideline), and the stuff that people say is "fantastic". The selection two years ago included outstanding tasty stony stuff. While I've become more discerning, the products themselves have only gotten better and better in virtually every way...and more diverse. And so, based on two years experience and with your sage advice above:clap:, I completed two "buys" at certainly among the best places within three hour's drive, more than a month ago.

My current stash (only listing .5gms and above): includes hash rosin, live resin(2), diamonds, sugar(2) and shatter(2). I keep the little jars and silicon in a readily available dry box and excess in the freezer. That's in addition to 1/8s of the two best buds I've ever had, a sat and an ind. I've used these with a Rio, banger or ceramic oven on big double perc bubbler, and even a terp pen. I've tried to pay attention to my state of stonedness on first tokes of the evening with each product/delicacy. Though I like to play around, taking a dab from this one then that one then that one, I tried sticking with one kind product/deliciousness for an evening or two.

Now my conclusion: We are living in a Golden Age of Weed/Pot/Stuff/Cannabis. The products have become quite extraordinary, strong, and diverse. The means of vaporizing and managing the imbibing have gotten better and more diverse as well over the last few years. And we've had time to learn best techniques. Quite honestly, I took multiple really good milky hits from each product: Each one was outstanding in its taste and ability to get this high tolerance guy feelin' good, not one better than another. Yah, hash rosin is good; so is live resin...and sugar, and shatter....

Meanwhile I pray for this crazy world we are living in. We(US/CA/EU/AU) are the most broadly wealthy societies ever. Its that culture that indulges these whims and pleasures of ours. We can take care of the weak, the sick, the poor, and the world itself. I pray we do. Merry Xmas. Happy Hanukah, Whatever.

Last edited:
Top Bottom