What Type of Concentrate To You Most Enjoy

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Adult legal retail in two of the adjacent states has opened the door to untold riches! I'm about to head over to Maine to load up for the holidays. But there's now so many choices: Resin, Rosin, Shatter, Budder, Sugar, Live anything, diamonds, sauce, diamonds and sauce, etc. Yes, I know all the DIYers like to make their own rosin, but for the rest of us there are almost too many choices. THC content can be the same no matter the name. So what do you prefer and why? Thanks.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Full melt bubble hash over everything, by far. Best flavor, best effects, the best the flower has to offer in all its original trichomes preserved glory.

Otherwise, hash rosin is great too.

I still occasionally get live and cured resin in cartridges for the lower price but can’t say I prefer it to rosin.

danjens

Lately I have been scrapping all the kief out of my trim bin and low temp pressing it into rosin. Bdog, cherry punch and motor breath terps mixed are surprisingly delicious. Been adding few drops over a salad bowl of those flowers through a tafee bowle.

shredder

Adult legal retail in two of the adjacent states has opened the door to untold riches! I'm about to head over to Maine to load up for the holidays. But there's now so many choices: Resin, Rosin, Shatter, Budder, Sugar, Live anything, diamonds, sauce, diamonds and sauce, etc. Yes, I know all the DIYers like to make their own rosin, but for the rest of us there are almost too many choices. THC content can be the same no matter the name. So what do you prefer and why? Thanks.

Get em all. Choosing is hard.

florduh

"Live" Rosin, made with ice water hash. "Live" Resin sauces made with butane are a distant second. Making ice water hash rosin will always be labor intensive and more expensive. But it tastes and feels like cannabis flower, perfected.

I don't like anything with really big diamonds. They're hard to break up and it's easy to dab more than I wanted to.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Sadly!, being an East Coaster, I don't see any bubble hash at any of the dispensaries in Maine or eastern Mass. Maybe I'm missing something. Also don't see any rosin at any of the Maine dispensaries which are my preferred compared to the nearly three hour drive to Mass. I've tried commercial rosin a couple of times from Mass before Maine started adult legal...and wasn't impressed.

Polarbearboy,
  • Sad
Reactions: Bad Dog

florduh

Sadly!, being an East Coaster, I don't see any bubble hash at any of the dispensaries in Maine or eastern Mass. Maybe I'm missing something. Also don't see any rosin at any of the Maine dispensaries which are my preferred compared to the nearly three hour drive to Mass. I've tried commercial rosin a couple of times from Mass before Maine started adult legal...and wasn't impressed.

In FL, the good stuff is listed as "Live Rosin". They take fresh frozen flower, remove the trichomes by slowly stirring it in ice water, then press the resulting hash. It's expensive, and ruins you on other concentrates, but a gram seems to last a really long time. By far my favorite cannabis product.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
this is the cold cured "live rosin" I get here in Ontario

7aHPEiK.jpg

has a consistency of soft hash/damp kief and is not sticky, as well as being pale. in my Vrod quartz dish it completely evaporates away and I'm not even a high temp dabber ;) smoothest concentrate I've tried yet

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
No rosin... no buy!

I guess you might try some cured resin if they have that, it’s a different experience then most live stuff, closer to vaping flower. I think a lot of dry herb guys who don’t like concentrates that much should really be looking for the cured flavor / effects.

That said live rosin is excellent. Flavor never sours like vaping herb.

Bad Dog

had to double check but the live sugar I have is solventless???? :cool:

Bad Dog,

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
After reading comments[Thanks!], giving quick looks to 6 or 7 dispensaries, then studying the menus at a few, I decided to go with a retailer who does it all: grower, processor, retailer, in Portland, just over two hours of twisty indirect roads from here: Seaweed. I like weed stuff in Maine, just wish there was a good retailer closer to the border to NH, where I live. A zillion Medicals, a few apparently very good, but only one barebones adult/recreational. Legal weed passes state-mandated cleanliness and THC testing. I like the Mass testing results on every package a bit better, with all the myriad cannabinoid details, but WTF. Not sure if its the law in Maine, but every dispensary seemed to sell Maine products exclusively. Seaweed takes environmental and specifcally marine ecohealth seriously in growing, manufacture and packaging, another thing I like, having been involved in marine conservation for some years. So I got a lovely looking LitreACola(82.0% thc) badder, a sativa live resin Star Pebbles(80%thc), a sativa Golden Chocolate shatter(75%thc, 89.9%total cannabinoid!), and last but not least, some Headbanger sativa flower 30% thc!, highest flower thc I've ever seen.

Then zoomed up to Freeport for a fresh bitter and fresh fish and chips at Gritty's then drove home, through a brief but awful snow squall in the mountains, and I haven't put my snows on yet. But I'm home safe. The woodstove is cookin'. And so am I. In more ways than one.

Last edited:

daoist

I only can get hasish and flower here. So hasish is oke, unless it's that maroccan crap.
II need to know what strain they put in the hash, or else i don't buy it.

Last edited:
daoist,

DillGaff

Gotta go with FullMelt HashRosin

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
I have been making small batch BHO since the late 90's when a friend stumbled across the method on erowid.org under "the boffo butane extraction method".

There was literally like 12 pics of what the finished product should look like available online.

So yeah, I've been making my own concentrates for well over 20 years.

That being said, my access to professionally made concentrates was limited to Lemon Crystal BHO at Greenhouse Amsterdam 2012, full melt Tangie G13 bubble from Boere Jongen in Amsterdam 2018, some kind of sugar I didn't care for in Alaska in 2018, and live sugar, live badder, and sugar wax from Rise dispensary in Mass. I also picked up pure live resin carts which I guess counts.

For me, the absolute flavor winner was the live badder. On the DynaCoil it would vape clean off, and every hit tasted excellent.

VapeEscapist,

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I was thinking I needed one more type/variety of concentrate so that I could have a really nice selection for evenings and weekends. I was on-line checking out a new adult recreational dispensary in Portland, Maine--Landrace--and noticed that they had several rosin options: live rosin, dry sift rosin, and second pressing rosin. First time I've ever seen rosin at any Maine dispensary. And in the comments here, rosin and hash rosin appear to be the top suggestions of more knowledgeable users.

I thought of driving down today because I want to get some before its sold out, but the weather's lousy--ice and snow on the roads--and its a 2 1/2 hour drive each way. So I called. Spoke to a knowledgeable person who said they should still have some next week and more on the way. So I'll head down next week. Woopee! Also they have grams of nice looking high thc shatter for $30, which is the lowest price I've ever seen for any concentrate, versus $70 for shatter down in Mass. They are growers and processors as well as retailers, which I like.

Last edited:

Bad Dog

my advice ...... get the live rosin! it will be pricey but totally worth it imo maybe don't go crazy and get nothing but???? just because I say its definitely superior doesn't mean you will experience greater effects that make it worth it to you. for me as a micro doser and how slowly I go through it I do prefer having the best experience possible. but definitely grab some of the cheaper stuff and if it is only so so decarb it and turn it into edibles.

CANtalk

So much to explore for sure. I'd recommend splitting the options up into solvent/solventless extraction and try some of the best options you can get in each style. I recently found HTFSE sauce to be tops for me in the solvent extraction category... excellent, super terpy with huge flavors and scents :luv:. I posted a picture of a recent pick up of HTFSE and live resin in the FC "what's in your vape vape right now" thread fwiw. On the solventless side, I have limited experience and see lots of excellent posts here already.

Cheers and good luck. Let us know what you get and what you think. It'd be great to see more concentrates posts and pictures in that FC "what's in your vape vape right now" thread from the concentrates vapers here on FC. Video links too and would be even cooler :).

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:
CANtalk,

Greenleaf88

Huge live resin fan it's all I buy now with some snacks here and there.

Live resin offers fantastic flavor and a nice high as well.

Greenleaf88,

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Well I needed to expand my daily/nightly concentrate options and the nearest quality adult dispensary is two hours away anyways. Many of you suggested that hash rosin was the best and after weeks of looking at menus, I think I found the first adult place to make and carry it in Maine. So I drove the two and a half hours down to Portland, ME to Landrace. [Couldn't believe how many "medical" shops there were along the way, well over a dozen, most with empty parking lots.] Shot up to Gritty's for lunch again before the ride home. Today I got the treasured hash rosin, GMO, 79.1 thc; Wedding Cake diamonds 99.7% cannabinoids, Lemon Amber Kush sugar 94%thc 97%cannabinoids, and Gelato 41 shatter.

So remember, I already did a big buy at SeaWeed: A particularly lovely badder, a live resin, and a shatter. I also have last bits of previous purchases. So now I have a really good selection of superb concentrates and a 30%thc sativa flower for biking/skiing etc. Hope this is enough to get me through the weekend. LOL. Based on experience, without holding back, this 8-9grams should last at least three or four months. My wallet sure hopes so. On the other hand, a medical issue has forced a dramatic reduction in my inbibing of my beloved double IPAs, so this is a fair substitute.:)

I started with concentrates two years ago and they've probably been near 90% of my cannaconsumption. I approached concentrates with an open mind and an experimental willingness to try new things, to try everything, and also new ways of consumption. I think I've tried some of the best from Mass, including Sira rosin, and now I'm having a blast exploring the new Maine legalization. For two years I've cut out or peeled off and saved all the little lab reports and every receipt. I can see both what I've used and how much I've spent. I can definitely report that I've had an awful lot of fun so far on my Adventures with Concentrates!.

Top Bottom