What portable convection vape should I get?

gloeck79

Maybe some people can help me out, because I have done endless research...lol. I came up with a few and what I'm looking for, is no torch, and something I can hit whenever I want but small enough where I'm not constrained with wires etc. I want to be able to say take a hit or 2 and then walk away.

I am looking into, the Grasshopper IO, TinyMighty and a couple I forgot the names of it but it uses modified mod box and the other looks like a plastic cup or sippy cup...lol. Anyway, I have my desktops and travel portables but need something quick and easy for those times where you just need 2-3 hits in a min instead of a session vape where I'm waiting for it to heat up and take 10min to smoke. Example hate to use it, but sometimes when in bathroom, you wanna take a few puffs while sitting on the toilet lol...or going into bathroom to take a few puffs without anyone knowing. Would like to take it with me too say tailgating too, cause sometimes you want to be discreet and take 2-3 hits. Just need something to have the option when needed. Would love to hear some suggestions and opinions on which would fit my needs. Thanks everyone.

gloeck79,
Reactions: dimmusp

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
For what you describe I'm going for my tinymight or firewood 7. FW is slightly more pocketable but the TM is slightly more convenient to load and unload. FW is also a hybrid but conduction dominant, if that matters. Very fast heat up and cool down though, completely on demand, just like the tinymight.

Farid

What you're looking for is very difficult to find with flower, since flower vapor is really strong smelling, and people will tend to notice. If it's an option I would highly suggest using a load as you go dab pen, since they seem to smell a little less, and it's easy to take small hits.

The only flower vapes I've had luck using for this type of use are conduction not convection. The MFLB is dated and has many downsides, but stealth is one area where it is still a king. The other is the Dynavap paired with an induction heater (a torch is loud, and you mentioned you're opposed to a torch anyway). But again those are both conduction.

I haven't tried the firewood, but that sounds like an excellent option. But again that is conduction. If I were you I wouldn't get hung up on convection or conduction. Those are just heat transfer types, and there's a lot more at play when comparing vaporizers.

There is the option of 18650 on demand convection vapes, but I find they are battery hogs, and the long stems + extra batteries make them take up more space in the pocket. So I don't think they're ideal for taking out of the house. Plus with RBT and Vapwood no longer around the options are limited to the TM and not much else (that is still pocketable).

RTbar

Maybe some people can help me out, because I have done endless research...lol. I came up with a few and what I'm looking for, is no torch, and something I can hit whenever I want but small enough where I'm not constrained with wires etc. I want to be able to say take a hit or 2 and then walk away.

I am looking into, the Grasshopper IO, TinyMighty and a couple I forgot the names of it but it uses modified mod box and the other looks like a plastic cup or sippy cup...lol. Anyway, I have my desktops and travel portables but need something quick and easy for those times where you just need 2-3 hits in a min instead of a session vape where I'm waiting for it to heat up and take 10min to smoke. Example hate to use it, but sometimes when in bathroom, you wanna take a few puffs while sitting on the toilet lol...or going into bathroom to take a few puffs without anyone knowing. Would like to take it with me too say tailgating too, cause sometimes you want to be discreet and take 2-3 hits. Just need something to have the option when needed. Would love to hear some suggestions and opinions on which would fit my needs. Thanks everyone.
Vleaf go?

gloeck79

Vleaf go?
How is it, I don't know anyone who has it, which doesn't mean a thing...lol. Is it any good, I know its affordable too. I hear people compare it to the Grasshopper IO but the IO is 4-6x the cost.

For what you describe I'm going for my tinymight or firewood 7. FW is slightly more pocketable but the TM is slightly more convenient to load and unload. FW is also a hybrid but conduction dominant, if that matters. Very fast heat up and cool down though, completely on demand, just like the tinymight.
I'll look up the firewood 7 thanks. The TinyMighty was my overall pick I think, but I have heard issues with it but know all vapes have issues lol.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I mostly use a Splinter Z at home but they've been discontinued and aren't portable enough for tailgating. I use a Tinymight with a custom j-hook to sidestep the stainless cooling unit it comes with. I'd reach for it first as an on demand pocket convection vape with my only reservation being the short glass cooling stem as a drop risk. Haven't tried a FW7 but hear good things.

Texus

If you don't need it to be pocketable, take a look at how folks are raving about the Tafee Bowle. Wow, and can't imagine anything better for your tailgaiting scenario. Cool AF.

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
I like the Fury Edge for quick hits and being discreet. The battery is pretty good for many sessions and is easy to recharge on the go. I would also suggest the AirVape X. The Legacy is great for on demand, but still working out the wrinkles of getting a consistent session. Good luck and peace and love. ❤️

west-elec

If you are looking for bigger hits as well, the hopper and vleaf go will probably be too hot to hit without some sort of cooling, so that has to be considered if you want real portability. You can just use a 4 or 5 inch length of silicone which can be jammed into a pocket, but it is a smelly extra.
The 'sippy cup thing' would be perfect secreted behind your toilet for a quick dump and bake 😖 and in lots of other situations as well, but not pocketable.
The Firewood 7 is the better carry along all in one which gives big rips quick. For best flavour you will want to clear the bowl in those quick 2 or 3 big hits, and reload each session.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Another vote for the Fury Edge. Small and compact, dark and inconspicuous. Very simple. Heats up very quickly. With the dosing caps its quick and easy to load and unload. I use mine when I'm hiking in wild windy places and when I'm xc skiing or some such. No, its not fancy and isn't wood, but extremely reliable.

Top Bottom