What "PASSIONS" do you have other then vaping?

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
So, I just wanted to know what are your other passions/hobbies etc... other then the one we all have obviously in commun here!

I am an Extreme sports addict and need to ride & slide to feel good. I've discovered Freebord:
http://www.freebord.com/ a few years ago (it's a Bay Area product, Cali represent! ;) ) and immediately thought: "that's what I've been looking for, all my life!"

After several years of intense practice, tons of fun & risk, some few hard bails... I am now a 2 years proud member of the CHoE crew (Crazy Hills of Europe). A team of pro-riders & friends who have frequent road trips around the world to ride the craziest spots in the Planet and bring back some sick edits:
http://vimeo.com/choe/videos

ENJOY THE SHOW!

I am also a hip-hop crackhead: music, B-boying, graff worldwide is one of my necessary daily dopes!

PS/ this explains the why of my avatar, which is a mix between the freebord logo & our favorite little plant...Therefore my 2 passions in one: me! :D

FLskwat,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
My primary hobby is flying fpv (first person view) r/c aircraft. I also am seriously into playing guitar. I'm adding a new hobby this spring by attaining my motorcycle permit and buying a 2011 BMW R1200GS Adventure. I'm super excited about that.

Here is a sample of my fpv flight. I password protect this video because they can make people nervous. :) Password = friend
http://vimeo.com/20180910

elmomuzz,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Passions other than vaping?

Pets (3 cats, 4 dogs), computers/gadgets, Roman history from ~509 BC to 192 AD, food (sometimes the TV is tuned to the Food Channel for quite a while), politics, reading, horror movies, camping in motorhome and CURLING :)

Tom

tdavie,

Murph

Vaporist Extraordinaire
Snowboarding!!

ThePatchMatch6-8-08011.jpg

me at 15 I think it was

Murph,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Music, Politics, Marijuana Activism (I don't consider getting high activism haha), and the outdoors. Nothing is better than getting out to some amazing National or State park with some great herb and just unwinding.

aesthyrian,

collegerower

I love rowing. Did it throughout college and now miss it every day. There is nothing like getting 8 people to do exactly the same thing at the exact same second for 20 mins.

There is also nothing better than being head to head with another crew for the whole race and then beating them by a few inches in the last seconds of the race. Its awesome to be just that much better than they were.

Its a crazy rush.

collegerower,

steiner666

Serial vapist
heroes.jpg

first and foremost is definitely music - both listening to it and creating it. melodic death metal, technical death metal, old school death metal, stoner metal, progressive metal, symphonic black metal, industrial metal, some techno, trance, soundscapes, and whatever genre the Beatles are lol (their later years anyway, they were a huge musical inspiration for me as a kid). IMO, life is hollow and incomplete without music. And, like mj, it's a universally enjoyable thing that appeals to and brings together a wide variety of people who may have otherwise never been associated, and has the power to really change perspectives and therefor lives. Getting stoned and going to a show to see one of my fav bands is probably the most fun possible to me.

building and using gaming PCs is a close second. Been building them for nearly 10 years now and theres still nothing quite like the excitement of selecting and ordering some of latest and greatest components, eagerly awaiting their delivery like a kid before xmas, and then unpacking, assembling, and overclocking the shit out of it and getting some awesome benchmark results. :D and then, of course, playing some actual games on it. :o I still have a dream of some day building a computer with a totally stealthy vaporizer built into it :D. Make use of those empty 5.25" bays ;)

last, but not least, blueberry pie!
BLUEBERRY_PIE_1.jpg

steiner666,

steiner666

Serial vapist
elmomuzz said:
Awesome picture with Mikael dude. :)
Thanks, I took those pics myself, no zoom! It's awesome when the bands you love arent too hugely popular to the point where you can't get within arms reach of them like that. Once a band gets to the point where you have to squint at them from a distance as they perform, it really just isnt the same. Perfect example is Rammstein. They just announced a US tour, first one in almost 10 years, and they're playing a few big venues only. Whereas the last time they came through the states, they played a bunch of shows at smaller clubs and venues. Thank fuck i saw them back then, up close and personal, cause I'm not shelling out the $ and driving all the miles to go see them from afar lol.

steiner666,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Small club shows are great, but it is sad that poor Michael Amott is still playing small venues. He has been playing music for at least 20 years and is in my mind sort of a grandfather to the so popular melodic metal movement. His work with Carcass was groundbreaking, especially the album Heartwork. Then again, Arch Enemy isn't all that special either.

aesthyrian,

crawdad

floatin
over time it changes some but mostly a few things remain and others rotate in and out.

spending time with wife and kids has to be at top for me and always remains...then in order its hiking, trail riding 4wd style, laying in hammock, doing absolutely nothing, gardening, coloring/drawing with crayons and pencils (usually things i see when "vaped"), more nothing, and finally....sex.

and yes im being serious.

crawdad,

steiner666

Serial vapist
aesthyrian said:
Small club shows are great, but it is sad that poor Michael Amott is still playing small venues. He has been playing music for at least 20 years and is in my mind sort of a grandfather to the so popular melodic metal movement. His work with Carcass was groundbreaking, especially the album Heartwork. Then again, Arch Enemy isn't all that special either.

He's definitely a god in my book. His vibrato and wah techniques are killer, and I love how he doesnt have to go shred crazy to make a killer, memorable solo. That picture is actually from the Carcass reunion tour! I never in my life thought i'd be fortunate enough to see them, especially that up-close and personal, but I was :D and i have pics/vids and an autographed poster to prove it. Heartwork is definitely an amazing album, one that i used to play along with from nearly beginning to end.

I've seen Arch Enemy about half a dozen times, they are definitely great live, but yeah some of their songs get a bit samey on some of the albums i suppose. I like bands to be a bit more dynamic than AE really gets. I'm hoping their upcoming album has some killer guitar work like some of the tracks on Tyrant did.

All that remains is for me to finally see Spiritual Beggars live (even tho i dont like the new vocalist or album much, the old days with Spice on vocals were def the best) and I'll have seen everything Amott-related lol. And yeah, it is kinda sad that such a deserving artist hasnt been given more credit and popularity with as amazing of a career as he's had, but thats kinda the cost of staying true to the type of music you love.. at least when that type of music isn't the standard, trendy pop, rap, or clubbin music that the masses listen to on their radios lol. So i see it more as a positive thing, and a testament to how he's 100% metal to the bone, not cuttin his hair, selling out, and playing arena rock, sing-along ballads like other "metal" bands have been known to do. For him, and all true music artists, its about creating the type of music he loves creating, regardless of how many other people like it or how much $ he rakes in along the way.

plus, its really just in america that a lot of these european extreme metal bands are touring in the small venues. in countries that dont have such a sheeplike, its-only-good-if-its-popular, MTV mentality, they play some pretty big shows and win a lot of awards.

steiner666,

danalee48

Well, since this thread has turned to the topic of music I guess it's my time to pop into the conversation.

My main passion, aside from vaping, is music. It is my love, life and career. I am currently a University student working toward my degree in music, focus on vocal performance. I am a hochdramatischer sopran, or Wagnerian soprano for those that aren't as familiar with Opera and/or the German language :D My display pic is actually a photograph of my vocal coach in the role of Brnnhilde from a San Francisco production of Die Walkure! Aside from my operatic work I've been known to compose, play guitar, bass, piano and trombone. I also have my fun singing other genres and can belt out a respectable rendition of any Heart song ;) My death growl (though sparingly used) has been called quite formidable as well. This carries me to metal, my "tied for first" musical passion. I've been into metal since the age of 14 and never looked back. Probably my greatest dream is to write and primarily compose the first legitimate heavy metal opera... maybe collaborate with Karl Sanders, Muhammed Suicmez, Les Claypool and Bear McCreary and use a libretto based on Scandinavian mythology? Haha, one can dream :)

Other than that I cook, shoot clay pigeons for competition, dance in a Burlesque troupe and talk about myself incessantly :lol:

Long story short: when I love something I can ramble on about it!

danalee48,

djonkoman

one of my passions is gathering knowledge, if I find an interesting subject to google on it's hard to get away from the computer and do anything else
also listening music, altough I mostly listen to music when I'm driving on my bike(wich is my main transportation), at home I don't listen that often, usually I choose the tv
I mostly like powermetal and regular heavy metal(70's-80's, like iron maiden, manowar etc)
death metal I don't listen to by myself, but on a concert with friends and the whole concertatmosphere(headbanging and moshpit included) I do like it
I don't have any musical feeling, rythm and tone etc, so I just listen it not make it:p
and in summer growing weed(outdoor) is another passion(from this year on vegetables too)

djonkoman,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I could get lost playing guitar with "band in a box" either vaped or straight.
I tend to like doing certain creative things; particularly collaborating with a friend. we've done a bunch of projects over a 20 year period and we tend to complete and then implement
what we're doing.
We were in a punk band in the 80's and had an album released in England on an independent label.
We produced a few TV shows that ran on public access for at least 10 years in total - it was basically psychedelic, primitive, juvenile, random - just fucking around, like for instance for background music I remember tape recording two LPs playing at the same time, Ravi Shankar and Enoch Light Orchestra - but i remember we had a bit of a cult following; once we received an email from some film making professor at NYU who wanted to use our show as a demonstration of a certain "style" which struck us as very funny.
We then metamorphosed that TV show into the complete opposite, whereas that show was all over the map, we then narrowed our focus to the extreme for a different project.
That too had an actually bigger following, this was before the internet. Basically what we were doing was making TV shows that were fun to watch high.
Right after 9/11 we shifted and didn't have the spirit to do what we were doing, we just weren't feeling it.
We put it on hold but eventually moved away from TV and started making CDs of the audio part of the last show, which was basically deranged monologues. We released maybe ten albums, we got a lot of airplay on college stations and free form stations like WFMU.
About a year ago we started doing books - we conceptualized and put together a few humorous books, working with an artist who we found on craigslist; and rather than shop around for an agent and all that, we opted for the "publish on demand" model through createspace which puts your books on amazon, also with expanded distribution like on buy.com, etc.
i feel that it's important to continue to do creative things especially if your job doesn't afford much mental or spiritual growth, which is usually the case.

jeffp,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Passions are acoustic guitar, dance, snowboarding, weight lifting, healthy foods/barefoot promoter :)

Elluzion,

aero18

vaporist
As an undergraduate student, I absolutely love the biological sciences. I am majoring in one of the most enlightening and fascinating subjects in the sciences: cellular, molecular, and developmental biology.

My other love affair is with photography and discussing the nature of religious belief. Now, I am a committed agnostic and atheist, but the thought processes and biological predispositions for religious belief is a fascinating subject. Every bit of it is interesting, from the psychological to the social aspect of belief, there is just a plethora of information to learn and appreciate about how the human mind works and how it becomes so sincerely attached to a faith-based belief.

aero18,

hereatlast

Hmm, isn't being an atheist and an agnostic at once paradoxical? Personally I consider myself agnostic as well :)

My passions are reading (lots of philosophy and politically motivated text), writing, listening to music (mostly hip-hop but soul/funk/R&B/Rock and many others as well), EATING AND COOKING, buying and listening to vinyl records (I know thats music as well), riding my fixed gear bicycle, beer drinking, wandering the city and whatever else I do that I'm forgetting.

hereatlast,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
First and foremost I would say that my daughter is my passion. :)

Although I have 'slowed down' in recent years, I am still an avid MMA junkie. I pretty much purchase every UFC (rarely miss em) and I work for several MMA events in my local area. Whether I am the DJ, a commentator or the emcee - Im pretty much at every MMA event here in my area.

AGBeer,

Frickr

elmomuzz said:
Enjoyed a little fpv flight today. It was windy but awesome. Watch this video and tell me it isn't cool. :)

http://vimeo.com/20418560

how far can these things transmit? it looks like your pretty high up. but looks very cool nontheleast. now you just need to rig up a waterballoon dropping mechanism and divebomb the neighborhood kids :lol:

i would have to say one of my biggest hobbies as of lately has been my fishtanks. i have 2 going right now. a 20 gallon with 4 albino corys, 2 pepper corys, 3 plattys, 1 swordtail, 1 black molly, one orange gourami, a double tail male betta, and a female crown tail betta.
in my 55 i have 6 albino bueno airies tetras, 5 angelfish, 4 java loaches, 2 opal gouramis, 2 black moor goldfish, sailfin pleco, and a dragonfish goby.
here next week i will be setting up a 3'd tank for the 2 goldfish in my 55. it will be a 26 gal bowfront.

i find this a really enjoyable hobby as i will sit for hours watching the fish swim around. its very peaceful and calming, something that goes along well with vaping.

Frickr,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I've been over nine miles out and 11,000 feet up but i generally stay much lower and closer to home. There is a lot of money tied up in the airplane so no need pushing it every time. :)

elmomuzz,
Top Bottom