what jars do you guys use?

stinkytofus

smell proof
water proof
uv light proof?

im using herb preserve 500ml and 1oz, liking it so far, what do you guys use? asking because maybe there is something else thats better

stinkytofus,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I like plain old canning jars. You can find them at the grocery store in various sizes. It should be stored away from heat and light. You could use a Boveda package to keep things fresh if you were storing longer than a couple months for long term storage You can buy them off Amazon.

I've even painted the outside of the canning jars black.

Baron23

I like plain old canning jars. You can find them at the grocery store in various sizes. It should be stored away from heat and light. You could use a Boveda package to keep things fresh if you were storing longer than a couple months for long term storage You can buy them off Amazon.

I've even painted the outside of the canning jars black.
I'm with Carol. I like the type with the over the cam lock. I don't paint them black, but do keep them in an armoire out of sunlight and heat with a 62% Boveda. Works a trick.

These in particular (but smaller than 1 L)

http://www.target.com/p/fido-1-lite...Y62f0tD3kY9ffZMn29LbQRoCs07w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Kilner jars for me....

zpFgmx1h.jpg

Kept in complete darkness, in a safe....

I only add boveda after 4 months of cure...

They do little ones too, great for collection of keif...

K1Ek9Ach.jpg

djonkoman

I use mason jars, then put them somewhere dark.
only use them when I have my own harvest, since they're a bit too big to store just 1 gram. when I buy at the coffeeshop I don't bother storing it well, I just keep it in the baggie I buy it in, it won't last long enough to notice a decline in quality from storage anyway.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I use JyARz for smaller amounts, Classics and a Chico for ground herb and a Satchmo for soon to be ground herbs.

For larger quantities of bud I store in a couple "Thermos brand Vacuum insulated food jars" that I picked up at the grocery store for $8 a piece which seem to keep my herbs fresh for months along with keeping the house odor free plus they're water proof and block all uv light.

No matter what I tried with 'Ball jars' and such, the area in which they were stored always had the odor of fresh herbs that I grew nose-blind to, but other people noticed as soon as they walked near where they were stored.

:peace:

Last edited:

jim-bob

No matter what I tried with 'Ball jars' and such, the area in which they were stored always had the odor of fresh herbs that I grew nose-blind to, but other people noticed as soon as they walked near where they were stored.
This is my problem as well - I always think i've got shit locked down until someone comes over and lets me know it smells like a goddamn grow house.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I, too like canning jars w/Bovedas, and then I store the jars in a 30 yr old dorm refrigerator on the lowest setting. I've had real good luck with up to two yr old product being still very stoney, or even more so....

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
classic ball jars. I like the wide variety of sizes and easy availability (at least during canning season). I also have some of the space case CNC aluminum canisters for smaller amounts. I'm thinking about looking into some spice canisters maybe for small amounts too.

I like to keep reducing the size of the storage container as my supply dwindles. Sure, it started out as over quarter pound in the biggest french-style canning jar I could find...But, that doesn't last :)

I find the 4 oz jelly jars will fit at least 1/8 oz of most varieties, some strains more like 1/4 oz even.

Squiby

I store a variety of strains long term and short term using various sizes of mason canning jars because they are the only jars I know of that I can be vacuum sealed with this,

https://www.amazon.com/FoodSaver-T0...3919&sr=8-1&keywords=Vacuum+sealer+mason+jars

You can get the wide mouth or regular mouth sealer attachment. I have both. You also need the vacuum sealer unit (for $20). The link above is for the jar sealer attachment.

I fill my jar with bud, pop in an oxy pack and a bodeva, put the metal seal over the jar and attach the vacuum attachment. In a few seconds the jar is vacuum sealed and then you just screw on the outer lid band. Long term or shorter term it keeps my bud frozen in time and absolutely no smell escapes. When you open the jar the metal seal makes a pop swoosh sound when you break the vacuum seal.

I use this method for all my pantry dry goods. It keeps everything fresh for years...a great preppers device.

It is cheap, easy, convenient and really works.

HighSeasSailor

I also use Infinity Jars. UV glass is much more discrete if nothing else, and I like the size selection, in particular the cosmetic jars for pre-ground for vaping.

Not a fan of metal lids such as on mason jars - I can't help but notice that tobacconists and most dispensaries use all-glass. I've certainly seen oxidation and friction wear on mason jar lids, whether that's relevant or not it still gives me the heebie jeebies.

HighSeasSailor,

Hippie

Dowe Egbert's coffee jars here
(in a cool dark spot with a Boveda pack in each jar)

Hippie,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Ball canning jars.
I use them in all sizes... 1/2 Gallon, 1 quart, pint, half pint, and small Jelly sample sized.
I keep the cabinet closed to avoid light getting in. I do use amber glass at times....

DSC00940.jpg

If I am given something in plastic and it is a small amount I leave it in Plastic.

I have boveda packs that I provide for others that use them, but I like my meds dry.

Last edited:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
I store my unground flower in Cvault's each with a 62% Boveda pack. I have an aluminum space case, with gasket, and a black anodized aluminum case from Epicvape, both for my weekly grind at the mancave. Doob tubes for travel, they are simple and effective for short term use. When I travel, everything lives in a Pelican micro case, and my concentrates get stored in their original containers and then placed in a Pelican for home storage.

mucsusn,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Often I've heard that vacuum sealing decreases amount of terpenes?

I'm using pharmacy glasses like this.

Tight sealing and lightprotection.

In the future I will put Boveda packs into it.

Last edited:
Hogni,
Top Bottom