What is your vape obsession: mine is being able to milk up glass?

Lobby

I am completely obsessed with milking up my bong. It is driving me crazy that my Underdog Alpha is not giving thick vapor right now. This is not really the Alpha’s fault, I blame the unheated garage where my vape station is. I’m not sure if many vapes could milk in 40f temps.

So what’s your obsessin?

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
You never really sacrifice flavor with dabs, so for dabs it's all about the perfect temp where you get a nice thick cloud with as little heat as possible.

If I'm vaping flower, flavor is more of a concern. I recently "accidentally modified" (see also broke) my boosting stem for my solo by breaking off one of the bottom fins. This has made it perform much closer to a pure convection only vape (seems like 75% convection at least) and with a very free draw so I can actually crank the Solo to full power and still get cool and relatively thick and tasty hits similar to pure convection devices I've used.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I feel like only my mighty and volcano evenly extract with no stirring. My vapbong gets close, but there are definitely darker spots and that includes stirring.
How much are you vaping at once? I mostly use one or two heaping pax scoops in mine at 11v and the most I do is push stir with my pinky on occasion. I've been using the new OAB lately so that's my obsession, such as it is. I'll switch back to the VB today and see if I agree with you more than I imagine.

I feel bad that you still rep that old Mighty - like maybe I'm not slagging it consistently enough in the various Ask FC threads, which is hard to believe.

stonedmallone

How much are you vaping at once? I mostly use one or two heaping pax scoops in mine at 11v and the most I do is push stir with my pinky on occasion. I've been using the new OAB lately so that's my obsession, such as it is. I'll switch back to the VB today and see if I agree with you more than I imagine.

I feel bad that you still rep that old Mighty - like maybe I'm not slagging it consistently enough in the various Ask FC threads, which is hard to believe.
I think you're underestimating the extraction those storz vapes do.

If I vape a bowl in mighty or volcano, every last grain is the exact same color. Which is impressive. Now mighty and volcano are far from my favorite vapes, tafee is my favorite portable, with the vapbong and baller head sharing my favorite desktop currently, but all of them don't come really that close to color. Which I think is also fair to mention color isn't everything either

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I think you're underestimating the extraction those storz vapes do.

If I vape a bowl in mighty or volcano, every last grain is the exact same color. Which is impressive. Now mighty and volcano are far from my favorite vapes, tafee is my favorite portable, with the vapbong and baller head sharing my favorite desktop currently, but all of them don't come really that close to color. Which I think is also fair to mention color isn't everything either
Oh no you didn't use the barely brown abv as a *feature of the Mighty and it's adorable 210° max temp in 2021! I should update my obsession to disabusing you of this foolishness 😂

I think the only thing I underestimated about the Mighty was how thoroughly folks buy in to the weak feature set and high price. I only kept mine for about a year and would liken it to the big button phones commonly found at assisted living facilities.

My Vapbong is warming up now so I'll take comfort knowing you're not actually wasting .3g for a half dozen big Mighty hits when that same amount would offer a cornucopia of convection cannabinoids in a vape with a proper heater, chamber, and vapor path.

Have you fucked with the Splinter Z at all? For tasty dry hits a Z in tc mode is quick, versatile, and super even. I'd say the same about the Tinymight but maybe I get even results from temp stepping all the time, which is impossible with the VB obvi

Razhumikin

Oh no you didn't use the barely brown abv as a *feature of the Mighty and it's adorable 210° max temp in 2021! I should update my obsession to disabusing you of this foolishness 😂

I think the only thing I underestimated about the Mighty was how thoroughly folks buy in to the weak feature set and high price. I only kept mine for about a year and would liken it to the big button phones commonly found at assisted living facilities.

My Vapbong is warming up now so I'll take comfort knowing you're not actually wasting .3g for a half dozen big Mighty hits when that same amount would offer a cornucopia of convection cannabinoids in a vape with a proper heater, chamber, and vapor path.

Have you fucked with the Splinter Z at all? For tasty dry hits a Z in tc mode is quick, versatile, and super even. I'd say the same about the Tinymight but maybe I get even results from temp stepping all the time, which is impossible with the VB obvi
Ahhh bossman youre missing the best part of the mighty though, you can pack it and hand it to your friend so they can still get stoned without getting their grubby hands all over your other beautiful (and fragile) vapes.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ahhh bossman youre missing the best part of the mighty though, you can pack it and hand it to your friend so they can still get stoned without getting their grubby hands all over your other beautiful (and fragile) vapes.

Haha that is why I bought one used here and mailed it to Colorado for a bachelor party weekend, except I was still the only one using it really, then I sold it after I got back!

stonedmallone

I have not used the splinter Z. Is that your go to portable? I love my TM it definitely hits hard. But I find myself having to stir that one as well.

I find it odd that the mighty gets this much hate. Is it overpriced yes but you're paying for the name and all the years it's been around.

The vape just works and it's super easy to use. I only use it a few times a week.

Is there a better portable session vape out there? I know the minivap has a big support system

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I have not used the splinter Z. Is that your go to portable? I love my TM it definitely hits hard. But I find myself having to stir that one as well
Yeah, the Zs have been my dd for a few years, although I'm a lightweight by FC standards. Of course being a 510 there's an initial config to navigate, but with the available Arctic Fox or especially the only two Red Panda mods (both scarce this year) the evenness is impressive. I do always temp step Z bowls for early flavor hits like with the TM though.

Do you have a fancy j-hook for your TM? I never use the cooling unit unless I'm carrying the TM out of the house

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have not used the splinter Z. Is that your go to portable?

Since they are hard to find, you may want to check out iHeat or CosmicXtractor instead, similar products similar design and heater, but not discontinued!

I love my TM it definitely hits hard. But I find myself having to stir that one as well.

Yeah there are a lot of people who have to stir their TMs but I never bother, it really depends how you use it, like boss said getting rid of the cooling unit to just use glass WPA with a J hook of some kind is phenomenal! So many options...

I find it odd that the mighty gets this much hate. Is it overpriced yes but you're paying for the name and all the years it's been around.

Yeah but the name now has a rep for being overpriced with us, and getting medical certification that doesn't mean much, on top of that it is all the plastic and the ugly design that you can't even stand upright easily to load? Things like that, along with the slow heat up and non-replaceable battery...

The vape just works and it's super easy to use. I only use it a few times a week.

You're right though, it is simple and easy and effective, which is why I bought it for my situation, but then afterwards I didn't really have much use for it at all... Just not enjoyable for me compared to TM, FW7, Tetra, RBT, etc.

Is there a better portable session vape out there? I know the minivap has a big support system

Yeah going for session is a specific thing, I do think the miniV it's probably a top-tier one for pure convection, supposedly doesn't have any hybrid effects? But it's also pretty old... I enjoy my IQ2 for the occasional session experience, although it is pure conduction, it is pretty top-tier with all the bells and whistles and a nice form factor... Xmax v3pro is a pretty awesome new budget option, it is pure convection on demand but it actually has a session function that really does turn it into a more efficient session vape... New Fog pro is all session convection meanwhile, so you may want to look at that one too? Or the healthy rips Rogue (my roommate relies on my Fierce for the effective simplicity)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

stonedmallone

Yeah, the Zs have been my dd for a few years, although I'm a lightweight by FC standards. Of course being a 510 there's an initial config to navigate, but with the available Arctic Fox or especially the only two Red Panda mods (both scarce this year) the evenness is impressive. I do always temp step Z bowls for early flavor hits like with the TM though.

Do you have a fancy j-hook for your TM? I never use the cooling unit unless I'm carrying the TM out of the house
I am going to take a look at the Z, and I do have a jhook for my TM. It works wonders, I probably could go without stirring when I use that tbh
Yeah but the name now has a rep for being overpriced with us, and getting medical certification that doesn't mean much, on top of that it is all the plastic and the ugly design that you can't even stand upright easily to load? Things like that, along with the slow heat up and non-replaceable battery...
I totally get this, it definitely is overpriced and I also didn't like their mighty+, wasn't enough to warrant an upgrade. I get they made a business decision there. There are definitely problems with it. But I still find it gets too much hate. It produces good amount of vapor, efficiently and quick! The plastic does suck I agree

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I am going to take a look at the Z, and I do have a jhook for my TM. It works wonders, I probably could go without stirring when I use that tbh

I totally get this, it definitely is overpriced and I also didn't like their mighty+, wasn't enough to warrant an upgrade. I get they made a business decision there. There are definitely problems with it. But I still find it gets too much hate. It produces good amount of vapor, efficiently and quick! The plastic does suck I agree
The V1/2s are nice as well but the larger Z heater is worth looking for and has a higher ceiling for flavor. Originally they were slow to get going in tc but on Arctic Fox or Red Panda mods the ZV2 hits great from a cold start.

11.2V on the VB and this is as dark as I care to go. I did push it around with my pinky before the last hit (honestly a Z habit since I like I see how the abv is looking while temp stepping)

PXL_20211213_213319005~2.jpg

stonedmallone

The V1/2s are nice as well but the larger Z heater is worth looking for and has a higher ceiling for flavor. Originally they were slow to get going in tc but on Arctic Fox or Red Panda mods the ZV2 hits great from a cold start.

11.2V on the VB and this is as dark as I care to go. I did push it around with my pinky before the last hit (honestly a Z habit since I like I see how the abv is looking while temp stepping)

View attachment 15225
Yeah this is what mine comes out, but even you said with a stir! I'm talking even extraction through out, with no stirring. But I am being very picky lol. And to be honest, there are only two vapes I actually like to stir and the vapbong is one of them. I like the ritual what can I say lol

TeaCup

An even roast, no hotspots; just perfectly even, well-extracted avb.
Defintely the chase for that pure even extraction. Bonus points if its convection too.

👆 This consumes me, and I hate it!

And also, for whatever friggin' reason I've taken on a screen obsession. I must've ordered 42,000 different types of screens this past year. I waste hours on end cutting, forming, stretching, pulling, shoving.........and then shooting for two points into the waste basket after it didn't do what I wanted it to do.

Awesome post, great question.

Top Bottom