What is your favourite wood and why?

My favourite wood is

• Total voters

pmthokku

What is your favourite wood for a sticky brick or other wood vape where the wood is in the vapour path? Ungettable exotics not allowed (like pink ivory :drool:)
Considerations:
1) looks
2) flavour imparted
3) weight

Please list your most important consideration if possible.

Last edited:
pmthokku,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
When I smoked cannabis I often used my home made Apricot wood pipe, so I strongly favor the fruitwoods in this poll, Cherry is the one I checked.
As a woodworker it was always my favorite to work around the shop, for its aroma.

I would also prefer to go with species that come from the same area of the planet as me.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
1 Looks.
African Blackwood but not the instrument grade.
Bocote because it holds its contrast well.
Apple, it mellows to some really stunning rich colours.
Yew for the same reason as Apple.
Osage, Cocobolo, Purpleheart and many others look good initially but over time end up a muddy brown. There is no stopping this happening but it can be slowed with UV inhibitors. PH smells like puke when you turn it as does Zebrano.

2 Flavour imparted.
Funny as fuk that folk are quick to cry 'it's plastic and what's it off gassing, how safe is it' but when it comes to wood it's okay.
Until someone shows me an msds stating that the flavours form wood oils are safe I'll continue to line all my work with SS.

3 Weight
African Blackwood
Bocote
Snakewood but unfortunately it has a nasty habit of cracking and 'browns off' so you lose all that very expensive pattern.

Last edited:

vapeape77

I’d vote Pear wood but not listed… from what I understand it has less risk with toxics and is very dense. I just decided not to order a Ed’s tinymight bocote stem, gets super hot in there, seems risky the more I think about it. I’ll just keep using wood stems that are not directly heated up, well cough cough besides my vapmans….

vapeape77,
Reactions: GoldenBud

Razhumikin

Probably African Blackwood, its not only stunning looking but incredibly dense and sturdy. Top notch stuff

Razhumikin,
Reactions: GoldenBud
Top Bottom