What is your Dream Setup for Concentrates (Shatter/Diamonds)?

MiztressNemesis

As Titled! This is really because I am trolling for info on what to buy next as I am finally throwing in the ol' Carta towel and going to purchase something with decent customer service and that back their warranties. I can't find anymore atty's to purchase and honestly tossing another $79 for an Everlast if I could find one in stock anywhere is just not going to cut it for me. I have 3 reg twice-rebuilt atty's and one Everlast that was supposed to be lifetime guarantee and along with the SIC that never really worked and all my caps that have cracked plastic now makes the unit I loved (and still love but cannot use atm) a paperweight. I choked down my bile to order more rebuild plates I could finally find to buy from the Gate but they will apparently arrive in September. LOL

SO.. What is your Dream setup?

I have been leaning towards just saying screw it and just make the leap to a mod although tbh I never bothered much with the Carta app and just do "set it and forget it" as long as there is pain relief for this High tolerance gal. I have been shopping around and have seen stuff on Kandypens Crystal as well as Boundless etc that looks interesting but really am thinking of...
Ravage or Espion 200 w/ Sai taf & Poseidon & glass mouthpiece OR also been looking at the Molecule since rebuilding them would be excellent in light of the crap I am dealing with on the Carta front for attys. Anyway, I am just going to hopefully read some posts here describing dream setups and perhaps I can figure this out with so many choices out there! Stay Safe!

Miztress,

Easywider

Simple is the way
My dream set up would be something that is really easy to clean/keep clean and has a pure flavor. I'd say ditch the gimmicks, start with a quartz banger and a torch. Cold starts are incredibly easy to dial in repeatable results and offer excellent flavor. Inserts can keep everything extra clean, I dump mine into a jar of ISO after each use and then rinse clean, dry with a paper towel. Easy peasy.

If you're really set on something portable check out the DTV4, great portability, and can be paired with a bottomless banger for rig use. For me, the DTV4 is a really nice upgrade from the SAI / MOL / Drop Solo or any other 510 atomizers I've had/used. SIC dish to be available soon and the current titanium dish heats instantly hits HARD and is extremely efficient.

Last edited:

darbarikanada

Troy @ 420 vape zone says his favorite dab rig is the rio Stache, and he's probably tried pretty much everything. you can check out his video where he talks about his whole collection - he discusses all the more popular set-ups.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Rio by Stache. I love this thing. I tried other ways but this ended my search.

RiO is a big FUCK YOU to every shitty pen you ever used... It is incredible! I am about to get a second.

For home base, I go back and forth between the Rio and an Dnail with 710 quartz. My Dnail is soon to be replaced by MaxVapor... I don't think it gets better than this!

MinnBobber

Could someone please compare the CBD rosin dab experience with:
- DynaCoil in a Dyna Vap with a Portside Mini heater thru a bubbler VS
- 710 coil and 710 25 mm banger thru water
And 710 banger with ruby insert

Thank you. Note that my wife will view the 710 banger setup as “crack cocaine like”
Is it worth it? How does the flavor compare?
Inquiring minds want to know. 😉

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Could someone please compare the CBD rosin dab experience with:
- DynaCoil in a Dyna Vap with a Portside Mini heater thru a bubbler VS
- 710 coil and 710 25 mm banger thru water
And 710 banger with ruby insert

Thank you. Note that my wife will view the 710 banger setup as “crack cocaine like”
Is it worth it? How does the flavor compare?
Inquiring minds want to know. 😉

Crack cocaine is smoked, to vaporize would be much more akin to using meth :uhoh::rofl:

...better just keep that bit to yourself haha. As funny as it is, it probably won’t make for the most compelling debate.

A banger is the defecto gold standard for dabbing and has been for years. If we’re talking flavor, first things first: a banger can be swabbed clean after each use. A concentrate pad is going to have perpetual reclaim flavors as the only way to clean it is a deep clean solvent soak. I won’t get into metal ions releasing but suffice to say it’s hard to beat a quartz nail other than adding a fine gemstone insert. Still, a cold start dab can be fantastic vapor quality with minimal investment.

Deleted Member 1643

Advanced Vape Supply's m22 with the Energized Silicon Carbide crucible is in a league of its own, IMO. SiC is a semiconductor. The m22 atomizer applies current directly to the bucket, heating it much more quickly than other indirectly heated bucket designs. Used coils for years. The ESCC heats almost as fast with remarkably precise temperature control. Flavor, efficiency and effects set a new standard. (Renewed interest in cannabis!) It even swabs clean easily.

AVS began as an e-cigarette specialty wire company. Used their wire for many years. The ESCC is a new technology application, and the first production run is just getting into the hands of customers. It might be a little risky in that sense, but it's been worth it so far.

lazylathe

Almost there...
A quartz banger in a glass rig is still my favorite. Usually with the enail and sapphire insert but lately I’ve been enjoying the torch again for cold start dabz. There’s links to everything I use in my signature.

Would you have those links handy by any chance?
I have been speaking to a mutual friend out on the West coast of Canada and he mentioned you have a great setup!
Can you use a banger with a torch and a coil, sort of switch back and forth?
Sapphire would be the best insert for flavor?
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::tup:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Advanced ceramics is clearly where it's at.

AdaptTech's founder (@sonnumberfour on IG) has gone on before about how diamonds, and big dabs absolutely cannot be done on sapphire/ruby inserts, otherwise they are liable to break.

A lot of people are gonna shit on me for mentioning Fadespace, but clearly with other people first starting to focus on really polishing their SiC - now 3grams is releasing an AlN insert, and Dnail is releasing "shinju" beads, and inserts - which they only state are "advanced ceramics" but do not state the material...

My dream setup is basically what I hit now! AlN dabs through a fumed banger hanger powered by a maxvapor controller! (Or AlN dabs out of my Puffco Peak)

I prefer my enail controller to be set to around 550f~ giving me a floor temp of 430~460f

I have my uptemp mode set-up in a way to sorta recreate coldstart dabs, but with an enail... try these settings @invertedisdead - base:430 ; start:457 ; finish:625

:science::cheers::spliff:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Would you have those links handy by any chance?
I have been speaking to a mutual friend out on the West coast of Canada and he mentioned you have a great setup!
Can you use a banger with a torch and a coil, sort of switch back and forth?
Sapphire would be the best insert for flavor?
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::tup:

I'll send you a message, all those links were in my sig on newFC but it didn't cross over.
You could switch back and forth if you wanted to, but it would probably be easier to just have a separate nail for torching IMO!
Flavor is subjective, I would say sapphire is ideal but it depends on what you like. Truthfully there are many benefits to just dabbing from the banger and not running an insert IMHO. Some interesting ways of getting gigantic hits just off quartz these days without even running a bucket and reducing your surface area.

Advanced ceramics is clearly where it's at.

AdaptTech's founder (@sonnumberfour on IG) has gone on before about how diamonds, and big dabs absolutely cannot be done on sapphire/ruby inserts, otherwise they are liable to break.

A lot of people are gonna shit on me for mentioning Fadespace, but clearly with other people first starting to focus on really polishing their SiC - now 3grams is releasing an AlN insert, and Dnail is releasing "shinju" beads, and inserts - which they only state are "advanced ceramics" but do not state the material...

My dream setup is basically what I hit now! AlN dabs through a fumed banger hanger powered by a maxvapor controller! (Or AlN dabs out of my Puffco Peak)

I prefer my enail controller to be set to around 550f~ giving me a floor temp of 430~460f

I have my uptemp mode set-up in a way to sorta recreate coldstart dabs, but with an enail... try these settings @invertedisdead - base:430 ; start:457 ; finish:625

:science::cheers::spliff:

Very similar to mine except my uptemp finish is at 500 :brow: that might be from quartz though, I tend to prefer uptemps right off quartz with no insert: more surface area and better heat transfer, I'm hoping to see some uptemp curves in an MV update to adjust the way you ride the wave! I feel like the D-nail sapphire halo/nimbus is the most ideal design for sapphire uptemps since it is the only one that is directly heated.

Sounds like our setups are nearly identical, even down to the fume except Im running ruby/sapphire and you're running aluminum nitride. :cool:Did you opt for the 25 or the 30mm banger this time?

That's really interesting, I've never heard of a dab breaking an insert but maybe those people that do dabs bigger than the entire banger could run into problems! I wish more of those people would realize the point of these inserts is so you can SAVE wax :lol:

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Did you opt for the 25 or the 30mm banger this time?

25mm - don't think I do big enough globs to justify the 30mm!

Fadespace is also releasing the AlN heaters for the Peak soon, which should be pretty nice. They showed thermal camera images of their SiC insert in a Peak, powered by the AlN heater and the thermal cam was acting a little odd due to how quickly the insert was increasing in temp. Interested to see how that is!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
25mm - don't think I do big enough globs to justify the 30mm!

Fadespace is also releasing the AlN heaters for the Peak soon, which should be pretty nice. They showed thermal camera images of their SiC insert in a Peak, powered by the AlN heater and the thermal cam was acting a little odd due to how quickly the insert was increasing in temp. Interested to see how that is!

I saw the FS Peak heaters on their site recently next to their new $3000 insert but I honestly don't get why they didn't design a directly heated aluminum nitride bucket instead of continuing to rely on auxilary conduction heat transfer. That would have been a much better move thermodynamically speaking IMO as there's actually extremely minimal contact between the two surfaces on the microscopic level when it comes to conduction.

Truthfully I've been spending a lot of time analyzing how all these electronic devices lack the infrared heat penetration that comes from a torched banger which plays an observable effect on stored calories involved in the heat transfer, more than ever when rocking an insert IMHO! Otherwise the dab ends up relying entirely on conduction and vaporizes with different physics. With all these IR temperature devices on the market now for reading a bangers temperature, I think if I was starting over today from nothing and it was just myself dabbing I honestly might just stay with the torch.

However I'm 100% digging the idea behind the Scope & Stack enail with the magnetic connection so you can heat up electronically and just unplug for cordless dabs. Yeah it will never have the radiant heat output of a torch, but it seems really fun to use! Especially for groups. :science: :science: :science:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I honestly don't get why they didn't design a directly heated aluminum nitride bucket instead of continuing to rely on auxilary conduction heat transfer. That would have been a much better move thermodynamically speaking IMO as there's actually extremely minimal contact between the two surfaces on the microscopic level when it comes to conduction

exactly - totally agree here.

it is funny though, as I had to fine tune my enail setup to give me as good of flavor as I can pull off of my Peak lol

the scope and stack is interesting when you point towards the 'detatching prior/mid-hit' reasoning, but I am not sure how much I would actually use that personally so that's stayed mostly off my radar.

i wasn't really a fan of sapphire but maybe i didn't try it enough... i was admittedly quite worried of breakage - and ironically enough the person I sold it to DM'd me within a month saying they had broke it lol

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
exactly - totally agree here.

it is funny though, as I had to fine tune my enail setup to give me as good of flavor as I can pull off of my Peak lol

the scope and stack is interesting when you point towards the 'detatching prior/mid-hit' reasoning, but I am not sure how much I would actually use that personally so that's stayed mostly off my radar.

i wasn't really a fan of sapphire but maybe i didn't try it enough... i was admittedly quite worried of breakage - and ironically enough the person I sold it to DM'd me within a month saying they had broke it lol

When I first saw the S&S I didn't really get the improvements, but after seeing a usage video how the coil can quickly disconnect I think it's really cool! IMO it is the ideal enail setup for really tiny flavor saver rigs since you can quickly take that weight and cable tension off your rig. I also like how you can just hand the rig to someone and let the residual heat carry them home. Plus the aesthetics are pretty cool too as it still has a good viewing window, even with their heater attached.

A lot of people do seem worried about breaking their sapphire but IMO sapphire is pretty affordable these days that unless you opt for the $$$$ ones, any damage concerns are fairly minor for me. I mean it could be frustrating, but I kind of view sapphire the same as I view my glass: I've broken plenty of glass but I'm not gonna stop vaping out of it anytime soon :science: If I broke my sapphire I would likely buy another one in the same fashion, but I don't use the spendy ones so I could truthfully keep a few of them around for the price of some of an S-tier. Would really love to demo one for a week though!!!! I do have a cracked ruby insert my friend broke from coughing into the rig and flooding my banger, but it still works fine so it's hard for me to be too critical of it as even my damaged one works awesome. At the end of the day all this flavor stuff is so subjective, it's like talking about which ice cream flavor is the best.... (it's chocolate) :lol:

Top Bottom