• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What is the best butter machine?

dannydroid

Google Nazi
Anyone order one of these lately? Or knows somewhere else I can find one of these things? Not sure how I feel about alibaba (not so much the site, but the seller)

I'd prefer something all in one, although I'm mostly be using it for ABV (it's nice to have the option :p ) .

Waldorulez

OK I recently just been wandering if I put foil liner in my crock pot an buds broken up an turn it half way on will it decarb so I can just empty the weed from the foil after an add coconut oil an make it all in a crock pot.

Waldorulez,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Why not just put it in the crockpot au naturel? One of its temperatures will hit close enough to the heat you want, then just adjust the time, add the butter / oil / medium and run? Set the timer, of course, but....

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I have and like the MBM2 but having to use a full ounce renders it an occasional thing. Hopefully at some point there will be a mini version, really the smaller the better; a 1/4 size for a batch of brownies etc. would be ideal for my needs. I've not had the opportunity to try the MBM2 with ABV but I look forward to giving that a try at some point.

The one appliance that gets the most use for my edibles is the Nova aka "Lift." For proper decarbing I find this to be ideal and the foundation to really effective mind blowing firecrackers, along with an oven thermometer which is extremely important. Since buying the Nova decarber about 2 years ago firecrackers have become my edibles of choice. With a sheen of coconut oil on top of each graham cracker they're not only delicious and effective but simple to throw together and the dosage of each firecracker can be adjusted per person.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
I searched debate for something similar, but came up empty...at the very least you could ask them for an evaluation sample - might not be free, but might be worth the effort

grogazola

These look sweeeet!

I’ve heard a moka pot (stovetop espresso maker) can make butter? They go for $20 even at IKEA. Has anyone any experience? Would it be better to get a dedicated butter machine? Or a slow cooker?

f2j

Chaque jour est une chance
I use a moka pot for ABV butter quite frequently. To me, it's the easiest and fastest way to do, not to mention the fact that it really is inexpensive. I usualy fill the coffee chamber full (and pack it a little) with ABV, I use 125g (4
.4 oz) of butter (in cubes) and some water (about 1 to 2 cm high in the pot). Then I put it on the gas cooker (small flame) untill it has fully extracted (it makes a typical noise when the job is finished).
What's great is that it doens't require filtering.

grogazola

After using the instant pot it’s hard for me to envision anything easier, at least for myself.
I use a moka pot for ABV butter quite frequently. To me, it's the easiest and fastest way to do, not to mention the fact that it really is inexpensive. I usualy fill the coffee chamber full (and pack it a little) with ABV, I use 125g (4
.4 oz) of butter (in cubes) and some water (about 1 to 2 cm high in the pot). Then I put it on the gas cooker (small flame) untill it has fully extracted (it makes a typical noise when the job is finished).
What's great is that it doens't require filtering.

Awesome! How much abv/trim can be used at once in a moka pot? They’re pretty small eh?

grogazola,
Reactions: f2j

f2j

Chaque jour est une chance
I can put approximately 15g-20g in mine depending on how fine is my ABV and how I pack it, but it's a small moka pot. Bigger ones should be able to hold more.

grogazola

Is it well established that you don’t need the plant material once the butter is made?

People say the chlorophyll in the flower is what hurts your stomach? Once I started using coconut oil, edibles stopped hurting my stomach. I think the ~pound of butter used in most edibles is what is to blame for stomach pains and not the flower?

Last edited:
grogazola,
Reactions: LesPlenty

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I fucking LOVE butter edibles. I guess it is a personal preference, but I think flavor is always better than oil based recipes.

I still don't use a machine, just old fashioned low temps for 2 hrs.

I know people swear by coconut oils, but I love good ole butter.

grogazola

grogazola,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom