What did you press today?? Show us your ROSIN.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I'm curious, what kind of yield percentages do you guys see on average? I was thinking about picking up a slug .33 and dabbling in some pressing soon

I would head over to the Slug .33 thread and ask there.
Most of us in this thread have presses with plates and press in the more traditional way.
Always ask for info in the thread that has the item you are interested in as you will receive way more answers related to your product!

Okla68

Dont know if this the correct place...but....is a Gauge a Must ?
Dabpress 6T vs Dabpress 12T...besides the $ differance, is the addition Pressure and a Gauge make That Much Difference in Outcome...this is for Just Me ! 50+ year user of Flower. Love Sqishings !!!
Will I Hate myself for saving the money...is there a PAS as there is a VAS affliction ?
My friend real life and from here, just got his 12T Sunday....drool.!!!

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I am a big gauge fan... it allows one to really get precise, consistent and repeatable results.
Having said that, with enough experience, I gained more of a feel and have gotten to know my press to the point I can operate without gauge and be very close to my desired pressures.

@Trogdor I tend to average about 15-25% depending on the strain when using a REAL press.
I have a lot of time on the Slug as well, and never got measurable yields, just enough to dab. The Slug is a brilliant step up from a hair straightener, but IMO falls far short in performance from a traditional press. It has no temp control, no gauges, and is similar to driving a manual transmission.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Dabpress 6T vs Dabpress 12T...besides the $ differance, is the addition Pressure and a Gauge make That Much Difference in Outcome...this is for Just Me ! 50+ year user of Flower. Love Sqishings !!!
Will I Hate myself for saving the money...is there a PAS as there is a VAS affliction ?
Get the 12 ton unit if you can afford to.
The larger plates alone make it worth the money imo.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I'm curious, what kind of yield percentages do you guys see on average?

That is a nebulous question. Depends entirely on the start material. Anything from 5/10% up to potentially around 20 - 30%, then theres if youre pressing flower or some form of hash...

Go gauge. I went from the cheapest shop press I could find, no gauge of any kind, plates moving around all over the place, to then having caged plates and a pressure gauge.

The gauge I found a very, very useful addition. Would recommend :)

damm

Personally I average about 20-25% Yield. There is some product that I can get up to 30% Yield but that's pretty rare.

So when I press an oz I am thrilled to see 7g back usually closer to 5.5/6

-----

KCp54NX.jpg

This is from me pressing 7g of Durban Poison which got me at 1.6grams maybe. I didn't really bother to weight the end result properly

lazylathe

Almost there...
My pressing will be slow to non-existent for a while due to low stock...
I have a few exotic strains that I prefer to keep in flower form as I still love flower as #1!
My grow should be coming down slowly over the next few weeks to 6 weeks.
Once that is dried I will press some rosin before curing.

Due to this misfortune....I stocked up on some FSE to get me through!!
This sauce with small diamonds is certainly very tasty and quite potent!

IMG-20200728-WA0003.jpg

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
just about to try some with 72% packs.

May have just been the luck of the draw of the material I pulled out the jar, but the 72% squish i just did seemed much more productive. Absolutely no sugaring up on the paper during the press, which I was getting very slightly with this same material at the same temp. I'll post a photo of the end result tomorrow during daylight :)

EDIT: Its also a combination of about five different varieties of flower, none of which I can remember now. I can see different colours in the rosin that gets squeezed out from different buds but obviously it all gets mixed up together. I swear this helps stop my tolerance from going up.

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
May have just been the luck of the draw of the material I pulled out the jar, but the 72% squish i just did seemed much more productive. Absolutely no sugaring up on the paper during the press, which I was getting very slightly with this same material at the same temp. I'll post a photo of the end result tomorrow during daylight :)

EDIT: Its also a combination of about five different varieties of flower, none of which I can remember now. I can see different colours in the rosin that gets squeezed out from different buds but obviously it all gets mixed up together. I swear this helps stop my tolerance from going up.
I like the mix myself especially with Kieff rosins.
🤗

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
That looks hard to work with....freezer for a bit maybe ?

On the contrary, comes straight up off the paper, was just a bit hard to do with one hand holding the phone, one holding the dabber and trying to hold the paper down with my elbows and a guitar pedal :D

You could hang poster board with that tack!

Hmm, I am out of blu-tack now you mention it :)

Okla68

What if any is the Difference in pressing Whole Flower as opposed to pressing Ground Flower ???

Okla68,

WelshBrok

Not sure if this thread title makes more sense for this or the other thread I was posting in but:

4288DCF7-EEB1-48B2-ABE4-730B433AC0BB.jpeg
Strawberry cough 21.54% yield

0E87AAD5-0793-40B3-BB79-210B8CCBDD4B.jpeg0004203C-6ED5-4C17-86DE-C142555FE4C1.jpeg
second and first press of some 3x filtered (73u) dry soft hash (possibly blueberry but unsure

96E1804A-61B4-41D0-9C31-8EDC4E2550A8.jpeg
Some US All star OG. Not sure if it’s how it’s grown or just the travel but haven’t got any good rosin from imported flower so far

Ps: sorry all the pics are mb, it gave me the large medium small options and they were all the same size :rolleyes:

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
Not sure if this thread title makes more sense for this or the other thread I was posting in but:

View attachment 7712
Strawberry cough 21.54% yield

View attachment 7713View attachment 7714
second and first press of some 3x filtered (73u) dry soft hash (possibly blueberry but unsure

View attachment 7715
Some US All star OG. Not sure if it’s how it’s grown or just the travel but haven’t got any good rosin from imported flower so far

Ps: sorry all the pics are mb, it gave me the large medium small options and they were all the same size :rolleyes:
Mouthwatering! Especially that strawberry cough. Looks unreal. Perfect consistency to be spread on a slice of bread 👨‍🍳 :D

Thick Vape,
Reactions: arb

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Mimosa has been my absolute favorite this season...

Confetti Cake was flavorful but poor yields.
...Rainbow Runtz and Punch Breath are on deck.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Dabpress 10t, Incredible bulk cured buds, 75C(167f) with 2500psi on a 40mm puck for 7 mins Driptech...2-minute heat soak with little pressure followed by 4 minutes of slowly adding pressure until 2500psi then a further minute to finish oozing...no drips and only 11% return (very poor buds, about as small and whispy as I will ever see as that sort of stuff now goes in the bubble hash bag).
1658640025695-jpg.38525

So from crap buds to nice rosin.
I re-squished the puck at 99c(210f) with the same pressure and had drips for a total of around 17% with the above added.:sherlock:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
IMG-20220915-131349.jpg

Cheese X gelato. 19%.

IMG-20220908-154757.jpg

Maltezerz 18%

All buds had been jarred for 6 weeks, grown and cured the same at approx 65 % (no boveda) using cheap disc humidity meters (excellent value and accurate enough imo).
Pressed at 85c, 2 mins, 2t on gauge using 100 m bags and one press only.

Top Bottom