• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What did you press today?? Show us your ROSIN.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Thought this would be a good place to show all our rosin presses!
Type of press used, material used flower/kief, temps, time and bags used would be helpful info to add to your posts.
Pictures, videos and anything else visual would all be welcomed!

I will start it off!

No pressing was done today, had to help a friend whose basement flooded...
Anyway this was some home grown Pink Kush that I pressed.
DabPress 6 Ton.
Started the press at 170F with some pressure on the puck to heat it through for 1 minute, applied full pressure over a minute and then ramped the temp up to 175 for a minute. Just learning and playing around with what is pressed at what temps on this press.
No filter was used as I am waiting for my pre press to arrive.

This was the result

And a few earlier presses.
20200707-165259.jpg

20200705-135532.jpg

lazylathe

Almost there...
Today's press!
DabPress 6 Ton trying out the "Chottle Tech" for the first time.
Basically an open ended bag, loosely filled with herb and gently compressed to try and preserve terpenes for as long as possible.
Temp was set ultra low at 165F.
Pressure brought up until the puck was pretty flat for a 45 second heat soak and then brought up to MAX pressure and left for 1 min 45 seconds.
Rosin came out lighter but still in liquid form but did not really bubble that much.
Still in the sappy form.
This one will be put in the fridge for a bit and then in the hot garage to see what happens! 100% UNscientific!

20200720-200946.jpg

20200720-201416.jpg
20200720-201426.jpg

20200720-201436.jpg

Very nice floral flavor and vapes a lot better when using the filter bag, not so much smoking afterwards.
Cannot wait for my grow to finish and actually press some good herb!

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
OK, I'll post some 185f, 15u bag, bottle tech, flower pressing in a bit :) Need to do another bag tonight so I may as well show it off a bit :)

lazylathe

Almost there...
OK, I'll post some 185f, 15u bag, bottle tech, flower pressing in a bit :) Need to do another bag tonight so I may as well show it off a bit :)

Finally another taker!!!
Show us what you have my man!!
:cheers:

Forgot to add this quickie from a day ago, I think...
IMG-20200721-WA0004.jpg

Left rosin pressed at 150F and right pressed at 160F and also kept in the fridge for a day.
Left the jar in the hot garage today and came home to this putty like substance.

Anything pressed at low temp turns into a putty type consistency while hotter presses seem to be more sappy to start and then solidify with heat after a few days.
So may options!

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
... Thats what I shouted at the nurse as I stormed out of the operating theatre just now!

There's rosin to be made!

EDIT:

View attachment 1597

I dont think thats a very accurate representation of the actual colour tbh. Its much less orange in real life.

Looks lovely!!
Love the clumpy bits in the rosin!!
:drool:

@FlyingLow
I need to check the temp of the actual plates and see what the temp is actually at.

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Looks lovely!!
Love the clumpy bits in the rosin!!
:drool:

Tis very nice. I took the temp down about 5 degrees so the actual press was at 180f (plate temp). I left it pressing a little too long I think. Almost on the cusp of having pressed too slowly too, but the puck feels quite spent, so I think most of it is out.

It stinks! Its a mongrel mix of several different varieties mixed together. 3" x 6" bag.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Decided to press my grow from a year or so ago, it was not very good herb but presses very well and is great to practice on.

DabPress 6 Ton at 175F this time and all presses were added to a clean Mason jar to cure.
Did a few Chottle Tek and then went to 2X4 bags.
All bud was supposed to be Pink Kush...but it is not...LOL!

20200726-151555.jpg

20200726-151848.jpg

A few close ups of some of the good stuff!!
20200726-145114.jpg
20200726-145122.jpg

Anyone care for a Wizards Hat of rosin? Most likely from the Unseen University in the mysterious city of Ankh_Morpork!
20200726-145257.jpg

And the jar slowly being filled with fresh rosin!!! It's about a 1/3rd full...
20200726-152708.jpg

The jar is sealed and covered in black tape to keep light out and is in the garage for a few days.
Need to look into low temp hot plates or another seedling mat...

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Decided to press my grow from a year or so ago, it was not very good herb but presses very well and is great to practice on.

DabPress 6 Ton at 175F this time and all presses were added to a clean Mason jar to cure.

20200726-151555.jpg

20200726-151848.jpg

20200726-145114.jpg
20200726-145122.jpg

Anyone care for a Wizards Hat of rosin? Most likely from the Unseen University in the mysterious city of Ankh_Morpork!
20200726-145257.jpg

20200726-152708.jpg

The jar is sealed and covered in black tape to keep light out and is in the garage for a few days.

So the 2x4 bags were flat pressed? I dont seem to get as much joy flat pressing.

Could you be so kind as to point me to an explanation of Chottle Tek for me to peruse, pleasey please? Did I quick search, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for :)

lazylathe

Almost there...
So the 2x4 bags were flat pressed? I dont seem to get as much joy flat pressing.

Could you be so kind as to point me to an explanation of Chottle Tek for me to peruse, pleasey please? Did I quick search, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for :)

This is the video I watched after reading about it.
I need to get wider bags as the 2 inch ones are quite small. This tech can also just use a roll of bag material as it only needs to be closed on one side.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
This is the video I watched after reading about it.
I need to get wider bags as the 2 inch ones are quite small. This tech can also just use a roll of bag material as it only needs to be closed on one side.

OK, thats interesting. Nice one. I totally understand now.

I'll give that a go next time. Chottle style is using way less bag and gives a use for any excess bag thats been chopped off. Marvelous!

EDIT: This reminds of the Lush 'goldfinger' bath bomb I had yesterday! :D

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

20200726-151555.jpg

20200726-151848.jpg

20200726-145114.jpg
20200726-145122.jpg

20200726-145257.jpg

20200726-152708.jpg

All lovely looking rosin. Love the different textures.

That Wizards hat though. Sometimes when you go to a cathedral somewhere in Europe they will have a relic on display. Like a shriveled up body part of some long dead martyr or saint. That's what it looks like. It looks like the left index finger of like St. Alfonso of Nazerin. Complete with its rotten 700 year old fingernail barely hanging on.

When I see it, it makes me want to make the sign of the cross.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Another day for pressing. I shall try the chottle tek tonight.

I did some repressing earlier of the pucks I pressed the other day, 15u bags, bottle tech. Barely anything came out, two dabs total. I think I've got my technique down pretty good with these bags. No splitting. Fully filtered. Almost total extraction :)

If tonights press is a good un, I shall post a few pics! :)

EDIT:

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
@EmDeemo

Cannot wait!!!

Continuing on from this...
20200726-152708.jpg

I pressed a lot more times and filled the jar to 1/3 full of rosin!
Wrapped it in a seedling heat mat for 2 days, left on a shelf to cool then whipped it up and back in the heat mat for 2 days and allowed to cool with the jar still sealed for 2 days. Opened it tonight and gave it a good whipping again!
The solid rosin has turned into a jar full of sap!
It's pretty tasty and quite strong, not bad for an early harvested plant.

IMG-20200731-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20200731-WA0004.jpg

What else could I do with this to experiment with?
Fridge, freezer, more heat, any suggestions would be welcomed!

arb

Semi shaved ape
So I can understand from you more experienced folk as well, what did that last bit mean? :)
Probably will..........sheesh catch up on the tech talk boss.
🐊
I would just put it in the refrigerator, jar tech with flower rosin is not really worth it IMHO.
Too many contaminants to get much crystal formation in my experience.
This is my take usually but he has filtered it multiple times at this point so it may turn out low end ok.
Make some thca mix it into some sappy rosin and viola,my clients love it.

Trogdor

Vapinating the peasants
I'm curious, what kind of yield percentages do you guys see on average? I was thinking about picking up a slug .33 and dabbling in some pressing soon

Top Bottom