What constitutes a microdose?

What amount of dry herb constitutes a microdose for YOU?

• 0.5g

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0.1g

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • 0.05G

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • Your choice is <0.05g

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Your choice is >0.5g

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters

Alexis

But the terpenes are a bit cooked before you inhale, less satisfaction
Less so though via induction, the Ispire especially.

The extraction spectrum seems to be much broader with minimal sacrifice.

Torch, I agree!

I can't actually contest with the idea of me using a torch instead now.

Yuck, is what comes to mind along with "no thanks"

pmthokku

Less so though via induction, the Ispire especially.

With practice, i think it is possible to ignore the click and ride the line, pulling the good stuff out as you heat the vapcap with the wand. Have been getting massive hits from 0.03g, completed vaped in a single 30 second hit.

The extraction spectrum seems to be much broader with minimal sacrifice.

Torch, I agree!

I can't actually contest with the idea of me using a torch instead now.

Yuck, is what comes to mind along with "no thanks"

pmthokku,
Reactions: Alexis

PeteyS

Im assuming most of you guys are one hitting this at a very hot temp to extract all the goodies?

Is there anyone microdosing at a low temp?

I think it was Troy on "The Troy and Jerry show" , that mentioned he was micro dosing shrooms, with a very small amount, once a day, and only once or twice a week to keep tolerance in check. I think cannabis works in this way as well, as if you microdosed the same amount everyday, you would just raise your tolerance.

Last edited:
PeteyS,

Farid

If you use the same amount at the same frequency your tolerance does not go up. It stays level to the amount you use. That's infinitely more enjoyable and satisfying than the alternative of getting absolutely destroyed.

And if you microdose, you can choose to get destroyed once in a while because your tolerance is set at a low baseline.

Vaporware

Using a small dose of cannabis once a day didn’t raise my tolerance as far as I could tell and I did it for years. I wouldn’t even call it a microdose since it was like half of 0.2g or so (I used a DaVinci Ascent, took about 6 long draws and used the same material the next night) plus an edible that was usually in the 10mg range I think (they were homemade things so it’s hard to know). Oh, and half of that flower was often high CBD.

I did that for several years from the first day I tried cannabis, so I guess I did set some level of tolerance in those first few days, but beyond that I never noticed a real change in the effects until I had to take a break for a month or more…then I struggled to take as much as I had before without feeling like it was too much…my tolerance struggles have tended to be trying to get enough to help with my medical issues without going over what is comfortable to me.

My main point is that (based on my experience) a real microdose of cannabis once a day shouldn’t raise your tolerance significantly even if you do it for many years.

Now the real question is what a real microdose is in this case…it probably varies by person, but I think a lot of people would define it differently too… :sherlock:

PeteyS

Cool. But don't you guys ever get a urge to vape more?
Whenever I commit to a microdosing routine, i find my self taking my one allowed hit, and then saying , F'it. I need another! haha.

A funny side note, I found that my tolerance went WAY up when i starting vaping indoors in a comfortable chair, with heat, music, ect. Before that i was vaping outdoors in whatever weather it was that day.

PeteyS,
Reactions: newola

Vaporware

If I do it several times a day, then yes I do find myself deciding that I need more sometimes. That could be tolerance or it could just be that I don’t get consistently sized doses. I don’t feel like my tolerance ever goes up much unless I use significantly larger amounts and/or use it many times per day.

Even then my tolerance stays pretty low compared to most, but so do my doses so it’s hard to know if it’s just me or my dose size and frequency… :sherlock:

If I stick to once a day, even using a fairly decent amount doesn’t seem to leave me wanting more or needing more the next day.

If you’re sticking to once a day I’d say just have another draw and don’t worry about it unless it turns into another and then another and then another…

If you’re doing it often throughout the day, it’s worth considering suppressing that urge and maybe decreasing the session frequency until the dose you set is effective again.

Farid

Cool. But don't you guys ever get a urge to vape more?
Whenever I commit to a microdosing routine, i find my self taking my one allowed hit, and then saying , F'it

Never. Now that I use 1x per day, and even when I used 2 or 3 times a day, I never want to use more. If anything I have to remind myself to vape at times, so I can maintain my tolerance. Without any tolerance even a tiny bit of weed can be overwhelming.

Back when I did use relatively compulsively, it was just the frequency that I sometimes wanted to increase. The quantity used stayed pretty constant.

Similarly, back when I was less regimented I found that having a bigger and higher quality stash made me want to use less. On the other hand, many of my friends (who do not microdose) would smoke waaay more whenever they picked up. They also would be the same people who often would go dry, and be all bummed out. If I had that relationship with bud I would not make it a daily habit.

Last edited:
Farid,

CANtalk

I've seen and followed the the cannabis community precept that vaping 0.050 grams or less is microdosing. That's fine, works for me, though it's not how microdosing is defined for other psychedelics. Psychedelic microdosing is generally described as subthreshold, a small enough dose so as to have no observable effects. What the cannabis community calls microdosing is more like low dosing.

I've been 'microdosing' cannabis for ~4.5 years now as generally described by the community (0.050 grams or less). And I've been lowering my tolerance steadily as well by lowering the amount used in combination with only using cannabis on weekends. I do cannabis recreationally and if I'm going to get high, I want to get high high and enjoy it.

The microdosing thread on FC is a good read with lots of members interested and/or participating.
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/micro-dosing.19915/page-59

Tolerance is related to exposure/use. Static exposure/use leads to static tolerance. Higher exposure/use leads to higher tolerance and lower exposure/use leads to lower tolerance.

Im assuming most of you guys are one hitting this at a very hot temp to extract all the goodies?

Is there anyone microdosing at a low temp?
I temp step microdose. My first few draws are at 320 F spread out on the first day off of my weekly cannabis break and I get very high for 6+ hrs. My second and last temp step is 380 F. It's far from full extraction, but that's fine and it works excellent in my routine and on my lungs.

Sometimes I get the urge to vape another bowl, or microdab, etc. But while fun, and I do enjoy additional cannabis once in a while, it's never as fun as doing less and keeping tolerance low. I like to keep the magic big 🌋.

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

PeteyS

Good stuff. Ive been on a weekends only routine for about 3 weeks now. Today being the "weekend" I plan to have a few good sessions.
I plan on using 0.1g per session 2-3 times a day. Eventually i want to hit that 0,05g mark. Just not sure how its going to pan out.
Have you guys ever had the problem with loading up your vape with a microdosing amount, only to waste it accidentally, by not hitting it right, or possibly combusting. When working with such a tiny amount of cannabis, the stakes are high! haha.

Once i get to my 0.05 goal, i may reintroduce cannabis back to my 7 day routine, as long as i can be satisfied with 0.05g, once or twice a day.

Top Bottom