What causes harsh hits?

GoldenBud

Another factor which could explain the inconsistency is cleaning. Big difference between a clean tip and one that's been used for a while.
For me it worked only for a short time, after few days of cleaning, an amount of around 0.05gr gave me a throat irritate that is very rare to achieve from 100% convection devices. Although, the VapCap is very good with hash/dabs. I still dunno for sure if it's the free radicals issue or not, but I know another people who think that a real vaporization is with 100% hot air, and if you heat the bowl before inhaling, it's not a "true real vaporization"

I can't say anything 100% about free radicals without a HPLC device. but I believe hot air convection is always healthier than a conduction device.

GoldenBud,

Green420

@Green420 please show us a photo of your buds. maybe you've got a "dry" weed from Oils, because it seems like THC is also an antioxidant. maybe your weed has more water than usual or just dry from THC hence the chlorophyll makes you cough (the ratio between chlorophyll:THC/terpz)

My CBD weed.
309462990_649009936748256_524396509900757420_n.jpg

Last edited:

GoldenBud

My CBD weed.
309462990_649009936748256_524396509900757420_n.jpg
Can't say that it looks good. even for CBD. this is how it should look like (Dreamwood website)

can you get better looking CBD? I see a lot of cholorophyll and not enough "oils"
and the color hints that it's old batch? I see dark parts. maybe mold even? need to check it with some magnifying glass x60

Something doesn't look right with these buds..

GoldenBud,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Various ways to obtain smoother hits, such as decarboxylation before vaporizing. This reduces the amount of energy needed to vaporize the goodies as they have already undergone the exothermic activation process.

For a Dyna I really like the half bowl position.

But I think most harshness simply comes from inhaling more vapor than one can handle.

The problem with vapor is it is smoother than smoke, and I find many don’t notice when their lungs are full until they start coughing.

I really try to avoid “lung busters” these days. Once you start filling up your upper respiratory tract with vapor you’re just creating additional harshness and heat that isn’t going to get absorbed in the lungs.

:2c:

GoldenBud

the upper bud in his bag looks moldy 99%
the others idk but need to be checked with glass magnifying, the color is darker than it needs to be (could be moldy too)
it's very old batch seems like, but need to open the buds to see if something is hidden inside..

GoldenBud,

vapeape77

It does look kinda like harsh shake weed, but I think the color is just some purple and red tint in it, idk..

vapeape77,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

vapeape77

85$ Oz damnnnn gimme legalization now XD
I recently bought 2 Ozs 25% off of their cbd lemon cookies Labor Day sale. Best smelling Sativa I’ve come across for CBD…. Also just tried their “legal” (cough cough maybe not) 20% thc-a Death Star, same effect as local shop Indica.

vapeape77,
  • Love
Reactions: GoldenBud

Green420

CBD is legal here I think but very expensive.... soon, soon, I hope!!
CBD weed literally costs 15 dollars for a quarter ounce here. Least expensive weed you can buy.

the upper bud in his bag looks moldy 99%
the others idk but need to be checked with glass magnifying, the color is darker than it needs to be (could be moldy too)
it's very old batch seems like, but need to open the buds to see if something is hidden inside..
I don't see any mold on it upon inspection. It is probably a little old though, idk when it was stocked at the store.

The strain is Lifter btw.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

CBD weed literally costs 15 dollars for a quarter ounce here. Least expensive weed you can buy.
I'd suggest you to get higher grade buds, like the Oz which has a price tag of 30$ or even 50$
and remove the dead leafs with tweezer, it may help
glad to see good prices here!

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Green420

I'd suggest you to get higher grade buds, like the Oz which has a price tag of 30$ or even 50$
and remove the dead leafs with tweezer, it may help
glad to see good prices here!
There's only one store which sells CBD bud in my town as far as I know and that's the price for every strain. Sometimes it's really fresh, sometimes it's less fresh. I'd definitely say it's better than shake, like some people here suggest. It gives a nice mild buzz, it's definitely not bad.

GoldenBud

There's only one store which sells CBD bud in my town as far as I know and that's the price for every strain. Sometimes it's really fresh, sometimes it's less fresh. I'd definitely say it's better than shake, like some people here suggest. It gives a nice mild buzz, it's definitely not bad.
but it looks like kind of bud that will irritate the throat more than good looking bud, fresh bud...
can't you order Online?

GoldenBud,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Wasn't there a mail order CBD flower thread somewhere?

AJS

Calm Consistency
I'm using a goo roo small inline with a dynavap, and I occasionally get hits from it that burn my throat. There's also a difference between burning it and harsh hits, they're not necessarily the same thing. I don't know why this happens, considering it passes through water before reaching my throat. Why does it happen?
I have this same piece, and I get this exact thing. I've monitored it to the best of my ability to figure out how to counteract it and get the best experience with this piece.

The "burning" happens from a few things in my experience. These variables directly affect it, ESPECIALLY with the Small Inline. I don't get these issues on my larger piece.

-Too fast of a draw
-Too high of a temp
-Too long of a draw

High airflow convection vapes are going to be a lot harsher. Putting my Herborizer Ti on the Small Inline, I can't draw fast or crank up the temp and draw out my hit. If I keep it to a short burst, I can manage it. Once I draw it out though, it gets very hot like I just burned my throat. To the point if I really tried, I could make it rather unbearable.

My Nano XL is much more gentle. On the Small Inline, on a higher temp, I can do just fine, even with huge hits.
The issue starts to come when I pull significantly too fast (which one never really would with the Nano XL), but more specifically with too long of a draw. This turns what would usually be a smooth experience on a small piece, to something hot on my throat.

The throat can handle some heat, but it's the long exposure to heat that starts to burn in my experience.

The Small Inline is not great for cooling. There is basically no chamber for the vapor to cool down in, and for the most part goes straight to your mouth with little glass contact, and barely any water.

It is still a fantastic piece though, and I'm using it daily still next to my huge piece. I use it on my lower airflow vapes like the Nano XL or Dynavapes, and even my Herborizer still if I know I'm not going for huge rips.

Try to adjust these variables, most importantly for me the length of the hit. A higher temp shorter hit is easier on my throat than a lower temp long hit in my experience.

Or, get a larger piece with more contact with glass to help cool it down further. Having the options are nice, and glass can be so cheap through dhgate.

I hope you still enjoy your Small Inline despite this, and are able to find a way to make it more enjoyable. I absolutely love the function and design of mine, just need to consider how the small piece affects me and adjust accordingly.

Top Bottom